Which members are serving or have served in the armed forces?

19yrs active army..still serving. too many duty stations, too many deployments, way too many times leaving the family behind.

USAF, 20 Years, 10 Months and 5 days. Date of Seperation (DOS) 4 Nov 2008 with medical retirement and proud to have served. God bless all who have and are still going and all of you that support us! AFSC was Client System Administrator. 10 years at Shaw AFB Sumter S.C., 4 Years at Eielson AFB Alaska, 7 Years at Peterson AFB, Colorado Springs, CO and approx 16 trips to the AOR or SWA and many stateside TDY's. I was so happy to retire because of my health conditions but will truely always lone for the comaraderie and the very good friends I have made over the years. I missed so many holidays/birthdays/anniversaries and so happy to have my family and only one more move to home of records when that moment comes. :beerchug:

GSXTacy was born while I was serving in Vietnam as a Navy Seabee, 1968-1972.

4 years USAF, C-130E Loadmaster, '61-'65. Was part of special group, 4486th Test Squadron, 4485 Test Wing, Eglin, FL.

Purpose was to develop low-level resupply capability for troops in 'Nam. Project included LAPES, GPES and PLADS, and to determine how to takeoff and land in minimum distance. Lots of JATO takeoffs, assault landings.

Was first C-130 loadmaster assigned to the first ABCCC (Airborne Battlefield Command and Control Center). Flew plane for 1/2 hr. high over Costa Rico (real high)--much fun. Involved in 1 bad landing--hit dirt wall, broke landing gear on one side. Hit top of pine tree during high speed (325+ MPH) low level run. Great fun.

Might have re-up'd had I known the gunships were coming.

crop0251b.jpg

8 Years Active Former USAF

Pushing my second contract in Iraq.. Don't do anything special but I do spend the day with several young Marines..

Back