Attn all Veterans - Free B&B night out Nov 10 (Veterans day)

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
I travel a lot so I participate in other forums specifically aimed at travel stuff. This came up and I thought I'd share with everyone here. I know we have a lot of Veterans here so take advantage if you can, get a free night out for you and the spouse, significant other or just go alone and have a great overnight away from home.

And thank you all for your service past, present and future :bowdown::thumbsup::bowdown:

B&Bs For Vets - Home
BED AND BREAKFASTS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES
TO HONOR U.S. MILITARY

B&Bs and Inns are providing free rooms on Wednesday, November 10, in observance of Veterans Day, November 11, to honor servicemen and women currently serving or who have previously served their country. The program was started in 2009 by the West Virginia B&B Association (formerly called MABB) and this year has expanded to include 48 states, 4 international locations and more than 700 Inns.

Click here to see properties that are participating in the program.

Reservations need to be made directly with the participating Inns and B&Bs. "We just wanted to say thank you to the courageous men and women from our armed forces", says Kathleen Panek, owner of the Gillum House in Shinnston, WV. "These are some trying times for anyone serving or who has served and a good night's rest is our way to say, thank you." A valid Military or VA ID will be required for each reservation. For more information contact Kathleen at 304-592-0177 or via email at gillum@GillumHouse.com

Each B&B is making at least one room available on the night of Wednesday, November 10 (only) to active and retired military personnel. Availability is limited, so Inns may not have a specific room listed for the promotion and once the available rooms are booked, the B&B may not be able to provide another free room.

Innkeepers who would like to participate in the program can sign up here.

Too bad it's not for all veterans, only retired ones.

ugh, the article says "currently serving or who have previously served their country" you being told something different?

ugh, the article says "currently serving or who have previously served their country" you being told something different?

Each B&B is making at least one room available on the night of Wednesday, November 10 (only) to active and retired military personnel.

On their site you it says you need to show a Military or VA ID card.

Last edited:
Back