Member of the year......

Lycan: This member seems to always be one of the first people in line when another member is in need. I can not ever remember Lycan having a bad word to say about anyone. He is very helpful and caring about this family and its members. I know for a fact that Lycan has sent items to other members out of the kindness of his heart. He sees a need and does what he can to plug that need. If he finds a member in need of an ear or shoulder, he does what he can to contact that member and lets them know he is here and will listen. He does all of this without seeking reward or thanks. I could list dozens of times this member has stepped up for others, But I know he is very modest. If you search here on the board you will find many of those.

RacerV: This member is a true unsung here. Yes he may say things that go against the grain for some, yes there was some in fighting a while ago. But Most of that was OUTSIDE of the 1 year window that Cap has identified. When a question is asked on here, RacerV is usually one of the first to answer if he has an answer. He is also quick to respond with other help. I know, for a fact, of one member that he has helped directly behind the scenes and have heard of others. That alone deserves nomination. If a member goes out of their way to help other members and does so BEHIND THE SCENES then they are of great morale character. (Doug, if this member makes the list, please make sure the electoral college knows the whole story). Again, I would like to go into further details about this member, but from my dealings with him he prefers to remain anonymous.

Sambusa: This member has not been active for some time but that should not cause his wonderful deeds to go un-noticed. Sam as he is known to most people here, has a huge heart. Even when he had a full plate himself he gave selfishly of himself to help others. I remember an evening a while back a phone call I got from him. I was up to my gills that night and he understood. He was trying to help another member that was in dire straights. I trust Sam so much, that I gave him some VERY confidential personal information of mine and told him to use it to accomplish his mission. I was not a lot of help, but Sam did pick up the slack and got it done. Never was a word said in public about this. Sam has spent countless hours on the phone with members. Just listening and being a friend. Again, there are countless other behind-the-scenes things that he has done. Honestly, and I do not say this lightly, I believe that if it came down to it, Sam would probably lay down his own life for you or I. For Sam is a very big man in heart and spirit. You could never ask for a better friend.

Lavinrac: What can I say about this guy. He does not post very often, but when he does it is always NICE and helpfull. Spring Bash we had 2 riders that decide the asphalt was not where they wanted to run their bikes. 2 days in a row guys thought off the mountain was the place to be. Both times as soon as word got back to base camp that we had riders down, Lav dropped what he was doing and jumped in the BIG WHITE truck and drove to the scene. He worked his tail off (not his ponytail though) to help retrieve the bikes and riders. He then loaded the bikes in his truck and drove back to camp and started to work with everyone to get the machines road worthy again. He was never asked to partake in these events. Just the fact that word came in we had guys down and needed man power and a truck is all it took for this quiet shy guy to jump in to action. And like the others, there are behind-the-scenes action also. Like opening his home to a complete stranger for a week.

Kevin, all of these are great nominations. I second them. However, I must also second (or third) the others that nominated you. You have done just as much as any of them listed. Like someone said (was it Racer?) ....you were down the side of a mountain with Dave and Sam pushing the bike up.....WITH A BUM KNEE!!

I am proud to call you a friend.

i nominate bogus.

he has helped me alot. specifically where 2 to get a good deal on an electric impact wrench and helped my change my chain and sprockets as well as install my hid kit (which i had a lot of trouble with). He was also very helpful when my house flooded. He just has a wealth of knowledge and is quik to share it.

head east busa has also been very helpful and kind

also evil keeps me young

all 3 very kind helpful folks

the .org is the best place on the web

You CAN NOT nominate me. I nominated you. You freak.:poke: Oh wait that is right were you not the one standing in 20 feet of water with your head still above pulling a bike out of the river with Dino?? Yeah Let me find that picture.

View attachment 172855

I nominate the guy that loaned me his shoes.

Ive been hare almost a year, many nice folks helping easch other out. Im still just a screen name and words to almost everyone, but hope to meet many folks at the spring bash(tryin to make it)
Lurch is on the cookie jar list before me, when the cookies arrive, ill vote:poke:
Djsin- you get best Dj, but hey a default win is still a win:laugh:

Im looking forward to reading more about the good deeds done around here :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Takeuon. I'm speechless. This means a lot to me.

By nature, I really love helping people out when I can. Like I've said before, I'd borrow money if I had to. It just makes me feel good inside when I make someone happy.

Again, thank you for nominating me. It's truly an honor.

I would nominate Greg and Terra. They've done so much for me in the past year or so. They are really great people to deal with and have a good sense of humor, too. Ever since I found out about them, they became a family to me.

Good Luck, Greg and Terra. You deserve it.:beerchug:

You're welcome!
The org is such a great site & many good candidates have been listed here. You definitely meet the criteria to be a part of that list.

I look forward to riding w/ you in the near future.

You're welcome!
The org is such a great site & many good candidates have been listed here. You definitely meet the criteria to be a part of that list.

I look forward to riding w/ you in the near future.

Thanks again. I can't wait to ride with you, bro. Be safe.

As an idea, rather than name Don and Kevin members of the year once, why not name them members of the year every year... by naming the awards after them. After all, it seems to me that we are recognizing members for conducting themselves exactly the same way that Don and Kevin did. What do you all think?

See this is why we are a great site. Always lifting up other members, not trying to put them down or one-up them. No wonders other bikers visit this site so much. Who is the guy on the R-1 with the sig "I am just here to steal knowlage.":rofl:

I will have to give more thought to a nominee from myself.

As an idea, rather than name Don and Kevin members of the year once, why not name them members of the year every year... by naming the awards after them. After all, it seems to me that we are recognizing members for conducting themselves exactly the same way that Don and Kevin did. What do you all think?

Awesome idea sir! I miss them so much.

My list would include many already named. One name pops out at me though, and that is uncle steve. He is everything one could hope for as a representative of hayabusa org. Always welcomes the new folks, gives great fix it and mods help, would give you the shirt off his back, is a blast to hang out with, and can ride the you know what out of a Hayabusa. He would be at the top of my list.:thumbsup:

That so many are worthy of this, is a credit to the site CaP has built for us:bowdown:

I am shocked. Almost 13 hours and not one nod for GixerHP and all he does for members not just at the bashes but the rest of the year also.

I also only saw 1 small mention of DNGrumpy.

For those who have not been to a Bash at the dragon (2 a year) I can understand your not knowing what these 2 guys and their families do for everyone there at the bash. Those who have been know exactly what I am talking about.
We will start with John (GIXERHP), He trailers down from his home somewhere near the north pole. About a 9 day trip one way for him. Ok I stretched the truth there a bit. He pulls out of New England down to Robbinsville with a large trailer. He is hauling tools, parts, tables and such. When he arrives he sets up and starts working on peoples bikes. Hey John I need this done ot my bike, Hey John I need this fixed and so on and so on. Seems he never gets a chance to go ride his beast that he drug all that way to play on. Yet I have never heard him complain one bit. Instead if he hears somebody talking about their bike needing something I hear John say," Bring it over here and we will take care of that problem" and he goes about fixing another bike. Oh and don't even think about trying your hand at hill climbing with a Busa or doing the 100 meter freestyle in the river with one either. John will stay up all night working on it so it will be road worthy by the time everyone else wakes up. I have witnessed this personally last spring. Started asking others "Does he ever stop to ride?" I was told no not really, we have to drag him kicking and screaming". And why does he do this? Does he do it to make a buck or help pay for his trip down? Nope. not at all. He does it because he has the tools and the know how and a love of family. John will not let you be down for a ride if he can help it. Your bike will be repaired, tweaked and ready. What ever you need. He also will help you over the phone or online with any problem you have. John is the poop that is all I can say. And he DESERVES the very first "Kevin and Don Legacy award"

Now for that OTHER guy mentioned. Dave (DNGrumpy) this man and his family also pull out of New England with a trailer full of stuff. Food,Grills,Tables,Utensils, coolers and a very fast bike. Now Dave might just maybe get to ride his very nice machine a little more than John does. But I don't think so. Dave spends most of his day coordinating the few volunteers he gets and preps food for lunch and then the evening meal. Most of this food is drug down from his home. We have Steak, Chicken, Burgers, sausage, salads, fruits, veggies, dessert and what have you. Dave and Angela bring all of this just to feed us and they do it on an honor system of donations. So weeks before the bash they are prepping things and getting the food together for OUR function. Then when they get there they prepare it all and make sure everyone is fed. Are you hungry but did not sign up for the meal. They will find you a meal. You will not go hungry.

Without these 2 people the Bash just would not be what it has come to be.
so Please help me send out a VERY BIG thank you to these 2 and their families for all they do for us. Then lets rock the vote for them.
Thanks. SOrry it was long but Doug wants reasons why

there are too many good members here to just nominate one or two. i mentioned that i'd lost my job and have been attacked by members wanting retros done. awesome support structure you have here cap, very unique atmosphere. hands down the most friendly and helpful forum i've ever been a member of.

I'm onboard with the nomination of Don as MOY.

An honorarium.

all the ones i would have nominated are already. So as a mod,i will cast my vote to get them on the top ten list.!

I am shocked. Almost 13 hours and not one nod for GixerHP and all he does for members not just at the bashes but the rest of the year also.

I also only saw 1 small mention of DNGrumpy.

For those who have not been to a Bash at the dragon (2 a year) I can understand your not knowing what these 2 guys and their families do for everyone there at the bash. Those who have been know exactly what I am talking about.
We will start with John (GIXERHP), He trailers down from his home somewhere near the north pole. About a 9 day trip one way for him. Ok I stretched the truth there a bit. He pulls out of New England down to Robbinsville with a large trailer. He is hauling tools, parts, tables and such. When he arrives he sets up and starts working on peoples bikes. Hey John I need this done ot my bike, Hey John I need this fixed and so on and so on. Seems he never gets a chance to go ride his beast that he drug all that way to play on. Yet I have never heard him complain one bit. Instead if he hears somebody talking about their bike needing something I hear John say," Bring it over here and we will take care of that problem" and he goes about fixing another bike. Oh and don't even think about trying your hand at hill climbing with a Busa or doing the 100 meter freestyle in the river with one either. John will stay up all night working on it so it will be road worthy by the time everyone else wakes up. I have witnessed this personally last spring. Started asking others "Does he ever stop to ride?" I was told no not really, we have to drag him kicking and screaming". And why does he do this? Does he do it to make a buck or help pay for his trip down? Nope. not at all. He does it because he has the tools and the know how and a love of family. John will not let you be down for a ride if he can help it. Your bike will be repaired, tweaked and ready. What ever you need. He also will help you over the phone or online with any problem you have. John is the poop that is all I can say. And he DESERVES the very first "Kevin and Don Legacy award"

Now for that OTHER guy mentioned. Dave (DNGrumpy) this man and his family also pull out of New England with a trailer full of stuff. Food,Grills,Tables,Utensils, coolers and a very fast bike. Now Dave might just maybe get to ride his very nice machine a little more than John does. But I don't think so. Dave spends most of his day coordinating the few volunteers he gets and preps food for lunch and then the evening meal. Most of this food is drug down from his home. We have Steak, Chicken, Burgers, sausage, salads, fruits, veggies, dessert and what have you. Dave and Angela bring all of this just to feed us and they do it on an honor system of donations. So weeks before the bash they are prepping things and getting the food together for OUR function. Then when they get there they prepare it all and make sure everyone is fed. Are you hungry but did not sign up for the meal. They will find you a meal. You will not go hungry.

Without these 2 people the Bash just would not be what it has come to be.
so Please help me send out a VERY BIG thank you to these 2 and their families for all they do for us. Then lets rock the vote for them.
Thanks. SOrry it was long but Doug wants reasons why

I second both of those. This past Fall was my first bash. I found out at the last minute that I was able to go, and didn't even think about what I was going to do for food. It just never crossed my mind. Every day Dave and Angela (DNGrumpy and Mrs.Grumpy) had some awesome food prepared and never let me go hungry. (I'm not sure if I ever thanked y'all, so if not, consider this my thank you).

Also, I remember John (GIXERHP) doing just as you said, and helping out with working on some bikes. I know he installed 99busa's HID, and I remember seeing him over there working on other stuff, I just don't remember what.

Hey Cap, put me down for a $100 RedlineStands.com gift certificate to the winner you choose.

Ian

Awesome! Thanks for being a part!

Back