me agianst 04 R1

gcal

Registered
OK here is the scoop.
I was with about 60-70 bikes tonite in Beaverton OR. Starbucks.
The Salem Sport Bike Club, Starbucks Stunt Team, some of the Fulltilt Riders (Greg you missed out biggger then sh*t), and alot of local track riders. There was everything from the new ZX10 to new R1 and ever other crotch rocket out there, new old whatever it was there.
But only two busa's
sad.gif
Louisbusa and my self).
Some people in the group decide to go to a local stunting and racing road and next thing I know about 60-70  bikers start gearing up to leave so I do the same.
As Ieave the parking lot I see a maroon 04 R1 ,owned by Erick from EDR in Hillsboro OR. He posts on the Sportbike.ws site under Ed.Who. BTW my busa bone stock with avg. rider (I wave to moniter
smile.gif
) and his R1 with very experinced racer, Pipes, slicks, and God knows what else. Keep in mind he owns a shop that all the local racers go to for bike work (dude knows his bikes) so there is no telling what the guy has done to it since he bought it, I do know he runs race gas due to mods. (thats what I heard).
So we are leaving the parking lot and I see him in the first row I work my way up to him and wave, he waves back (we know each other from the boards). We hit the freeway towards beaverton and he does some short roll on's with me maybe 3 seconds full speed. He got me evertime (I was not tring hard and he would get the jump everytime). This was happening with all the other bikes behind us and let me say the line was LONG azz hell.
Once there we laugh and shook hands all in good fun. All of us sat and watch all the stunters do there thing (it got boring after a while.....never thought I'd say that) and we decide to head to Hooters in Beaverton OR.. So several of us leave ahead the pack and guess who's next to me? Yep R1
smile.gif
I know whats next and I'm not letting off the gas this time and I will do my best not to give him the jump this time.
We line up Louis busa, R1, and good old Gcal. Bam!!! We hit the gas and were off (midnight on straight freeway with almost no cars). He got the jump (that R1 is very Q-uick). We all let off and go agian only this time louis stays behind. Me and R1.....
We both get an equal start from 2nd gear and about 7k rpms. We are off and neck and neck untill..........(hold your breath).... my revlimter hit and spooked the crap out of me (yea, yea, don't laugh to hard :p).
He was gone. I thought I blew something or broke something cause all the sudden I was out of power, felt like I dropped an anchor behind me.
Any way yes he was gone but till I hit the rev limter I was right there next to him. Also keep in mind I still have them bold tires (stock tires with 13.5k miles on them) and he has very nice spendy slicks on.
Any way thats the scoop.R1 is fast but I still belive if I shead some pounds and get some tires, I can get him on a roll on from 70 and up. Unless he gets some more crap done to that thing.
No, I don't have pics but will try and see if others there took some and I'll post them.
Great night, no accidents and amazingly enough no cops (maybe they were riding there personal bikes with us)lol.

<!--EDIT|gcal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082885373 -->

smile.gif

wow.gif
Yeah gcal, don't go out like that. You've got to represent! Do da damn thang...

There's always next time. No ever denies the capabilities of the 04
R1 or zx10, but it was important that you mentioned MOD/MOD &
RIDER/RIDER. Kinda proves a point that those are the two
deciding factors in this HP/TQ craze!!! Just think had you not
hit your rev lim & you had some Mods/experience...DIFFERENT
OUTCOME. I just hope he knew this as well, if not his feelings
will be hurt someday. Nice story though, I could almost visualize
it unfolding.

Great story! In due time you'll take him down. The R1 is no joke and with mods it's got to be a tough machine!

first a duck now this. O THE SHAME THE SHAME!!!get some freegin tires and get used to hitting the limiter.at least you have lots of speedsters to play with!i only get to play with other busas over here.

Great read Cal.....word of advise.......when racing....keep eyes on tack!!!
Now go back and slay that dude!!!
biggrin.gif

Maybe I should re-phrase.....glance at tack when yer near the top of yer rpm so ya know when ta shift.
I take a split second glance about three times per gear.....works good for me.

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082909681 -->

gcal

As many races that you get in you should invest in a shift light ,that way you'll get the best out of each gear without having to look at your gauges. It would be alot safer because you can keep your eyes on the road for anything that could get in your way.

And if your tires are shot get some new rubber and be safe

Sad, sad story...You failed us...You should be ashamed of your...Hide under a rock...Never post another thread this humiliating...Sell your Busa...Ride a pocket bike...I could go on and on...
biggrin.gif
evil.gif

There's always next time.  No ever denies the capabilities of the 04
R1 or zx10, but it was important that you mentioned MOD/MOD &
RIDER/RIDER.  Kinda proves a point that those are the two
deciding factors in this HP/TQ craze!!!  Just think had you not
hit your rev lim & you had some Mods/experience...DIFFERENT
OUTCOME.  I just hope he knew this as well, if not his feelings
will be hurt someday.  Nice story though, I could almost visualize
it unfolding.
Thats why I like this site.
People hear are realists. Not dreamers.

Here is the link he posted on his site. He does not mention the race leaving the strip to hooters. I wonder why???
smile.gif
Nor does he mention the fact of tires. He saw mine and he also does not mention the fact that I am as green as they get compared to him. And most of all he does not say what he has done to his bike.

Btw, all I could think about is a shift light last night....
If I would of cought that gear I do belive going into third and forth reaching 140-150+ I would of made good use of the busa's toruqe, or the cops of there hand cuffs, and pulled away. He might have just as much or more ponies but I got tourqe and people just don't understand how the busa pulls at those speeds. But thats ok...to each there own.

Keep in mind when reading this he is laughing his azz off at the moniter. He is a smart azz, like my self, and wouldn't let me live it down one minute.

http://www.sportbikes.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33032

This is the future for gcal:
tranning LOL

No more buddy....

Do you see a pattern?
rock.gif

Don't worry busa brothers, I will get tires and shift light soon and in the mean time the busa is going on a diet.
I met this dude at the meet last night that road races a busa and his weighs in at 475 wet. He told me about some mods I can do for cheap and some things that I can strip of the busa to lose the extra pounds. (Cache you know him It's kirk from sportbike.ws.) With his advice and this boards post I will get mine sooner rather then later.....

Just a matter of time.....Just a matter of time.......

here is a pic i stole fro the other site.This is at hotters after words. I bet you can see me. I'm the guy with the biggest smile.

100_0344.jpg

This is adam on his R6.
Dude can walk wheelies for ever not to mention stoppies and my favirote the Jesus Christ tank stand.
He is a member of the starbucks stunt team here in OR. Great guy to ride with and watch stunt.

wheelie_001.jpg

This dude i don't know who he is but he was one bad mo fo. He was awheelie walking machine all night. Like he cam out his momma walking a wheelie.:D

wheelie_002.jpg

Another pic of cool bikes.
I like the one with flames thats a TLR and he has the Corna beer stickers i was going to use. It looks very nice. There is the dude with the back pack on a blue stock o4 R1 and the dude with yellow rims on the o3 r1 and the dude on the RR954. all memebers of starbucks stunt team and are great guys to watch stunting it up.

wheelie_004.jpg

Back