Busa VS R1

I think it was just Josh Hayes's year.
When was that, 6 years ago?
I remember being at VIR and watching in disgust, as the only thing worse than an R1 winning again, was that it's an R1 that sounds like a Harley.
your way out of touch with AMA bike championship
R1's won the championship since 2010...ie since the big bang R1 came out.
Hayes won 2010,11 and 12 the Herrin in 13.

I am,
VIR kicked out Superbike several years ago, and I rarely catch it on tv.
If a rider is on a bike they like and feel comfortable with, it makes all the difference.
If a rider is on a bike that they just can't get right for them, then it also makes a big difference, only in a bad way.
Regardless, it's all in the rider.
Ride a gsxr1k or zx10(any year)...then an R1. The R1's feel sick in comparison. They've never had any low or midrange power.
I have not ridden the later electronic throttle R1's either, but I have been told and read that the throttle response sucks, as it's like a light switch, either on or off. That would be no surprise to me.
I'm just hear to continue bashing the R1, as it's one of my most hated bikes ever.
If you like them, that's fine with me. Just a personal preference.
I'll stick with Suzuki and Kawasaki(although the later Kawasakis need ecu tuning too, as they have gone the way of the useless R1 power curve).:beerchug:

I'm no Yamaha fan , hate the riding position, seat angle, peg position , dash display and so on.
When I had a K7 GSXR 1k I test rode an 08 R1 for a day.....beautiful front end feel, awesome brakes but had no idea what the back end was doing and up to 5k revs it was like a 2 stroke...after that I think it was just a completely wrong box of gear ratios that ruined and otherwise nice engine.
Mate had a 12' model R1 and toured , track day'd etc on it and never used the ABS or TC...stopped him wheeling everywhere...gloriously loud bike but needed a lot more skill to go fast on it than I have....just too much hard work.
New ZX10r is my fav litre sports bike these days...still wouldn't buy one over a Busa

Any bike Any day can win , NEVER underestimate your opponent . But Always have confidence!

This has more to do with the other brands factory teams pulling out with economy and AMA rule changes. Wasn't Yamaha the only one supporting a factory team 100% with there own riders those years?

It's easy to claim victory when you're the only factory game in town and racing privaters or contract sponsor riders.. :lol:

How much quicker is the r1 in the twisties. Say something like deals gap from start to finish. I assume the r1 is more nimble, so how much quicker could the r1 make it to the end than the busa with comparable riders? You think the r1 feels more planted to the road in a lean? I'm thinking how fun it is to go in the curves versus a straight line power bike, just thinking out loud here. Any r1 riders that rode a busa have any info?

If you want to ride curves on the STREET then by a SUPERMOTARD,...nothing is touching it besides maybe a GOKART... :lol:

The new Yami does not have 195 , maybe in a dream but real world dynos say that is a lie

I'm a Busa guy owned more then a few but if the new 2015 R1 has anything near 200 crank shaft HP with out ram air (thats what they state) & around 450 lb then your 09 with slip on's gonna be in big trouble...

Reading up on that 2015 , its nice I still want to see a real world dyno.

Back