Made some Dyno pulls today without the Xtre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I rode down today to the new Blais Cycle facility. Last time I'd seen them they took off the Xtre because we thought it was the cause of an idle problem the bike was having. Removing the Xtre immediately fixed the problem and also increased my mpgs by more than ten. When they removed the xtre I was curious how it would affect the map they had made for it but didn't have time to do some dyno pulls that day. Today I had the opp. I was curious to see if removing the xtre affected it in any way or was'nt making a difference. The sales pitch on these is that they ADD POWER as in HP. I was also curious to see if two years and 10,000 more miles made any diffs in HP numbers. I rode approx an hour there. Bike sat for twenty minutes while we talked, then I went to get a sub on the bike and came back. Once back they put it right into their new Dyno room (see other thread here >>> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...cycle-facility-south-florida.html#post2790097 <<< for more pics of it) The first pull the bike made 183.45hp. We cleaned the filter and made another pull which was about 30 minutes later. 2nd dyno run it made 185.61. The dates on the sheets are 11/20/09 and 11/12/11. I had no intent on doing it like this but it just worked out to be that close to two years. Original run is in blue and todays runs are in red. I am comforted that it is almost exactly the same as it was in 2009. As far as the Xtre goes these are sold for two reasons, one is to remove the top speed limiter and the other is because it was supposed to add power. Up to 15 extra Hp on a Bking is advertised on their website. HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro, X-TRE, FI Tuner Pro, OBD Tool . So now as far as a GenII Busa is concerned you can see it added zero. The first runs in 2009 were with the Xtre on and now today without it, within 1hp of each other. I think the addtl 2hp from cleaning the filter is real because bike was hotter than first run and it made more power.

1ST DYNO RUN 11.12.11.jpg

2ND DYNO RUN 11.12.11.jpg

new blais cycle 11.12.11 009.jpg

that sounds like thats where should be at...i was going to try the tre but after seeing some many issues with it i said na and went with the ecu editor...iv been wanting to dyno mine..i might try to go in the next 2 weeks nice numbers bro..

Nice... I never liked the TRE or XTRE. I did a comparison a long time ago with the Ivans TRE and there was no difference on the dyno for me too.

Thank you for posting your testing/results Blanca... :thumbsup:

Hopefully, we can get this *Pinned* so people would quit wasting time with a TRE on a Gen-II... :laugh:

I would add some fuel up top, seems a hair lean IMO.

Did you check/adjust your chain before?

My only other concern with the dyno is where fresh air enters from? I hate seeing these sealed up dyno rooms... :banghead:

Thank you for posting your testing/results Blanca... :thumbsup:

Hopefully, we can get this *Pinned* so people would quit wasting time with a TRE on a Gen-II... :laugh:

I would add some fuel up top, seems a hair lean IMO.

Did you check/adjust your chain before?

My only other concern with the dyno is where fresh air enters from? I hate seeing these sealed up dyno rooms... :banghead:

Your welcome. I was pleasantly surprised to see I lost zero by removing the Xtre which would mean it hadn't added anything to begin with. Upset about paying for a useless mod but maybe my experience with it will prevent another from wasting their money.

If you see the big air duct over door. This sucks air out filters it somehow and pumps it back I mixed with fresh air into room. Right in front of bike they have a piece of plywood that flips up (like 2ft by 3) and fresh air rushes out and onto nose of bike. That alone blew my hat righ off but then they have two squirrel cage fans as well. It is sealed and insulated and you can barely hear a bike being run inside but there's plenty of air in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back