4 tanks later. MPG report without an XTRE on the bike

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Well after the first tank I thought I was wrong? Then the 2nd and 3rd and now last night I finished the 4th tank off.

Before with PCV and Xtre I was getting 120 to 4 gallons which is right when light comes on.
Now.....
PCV and no Xtre I am getting between 150-160 miles on same 4 gallons from same stations!

Picked up an average of 10mpgs by taking the thing off!
See it's death here.....
- Death of an Xtre[/url]

So, now, question.
If it was tuned with PCV and Xtre and got the 120 and now without it's getting 160 how much leaner is the bike running? She runs strong all the way thru but wouldn't picking up 10mpgs have leaned it out?
And do y'all think I need to make a run and get them to re-Dyno tune it as she's sits now?

Last edited by a moderator:
The bike should technically be running the same air/fuel ratio at consistent cruise speed as it does at idle. So I guess it's possible the XTRE was "dumping" more fuel at steady throttle than it did without it.

I'd be careful about teaching that young man how to use a hammer. Next time you have a computer or bike part hanging around, you might want to hide that thing!

I'd be careful about teaching that young man how to use a hammer. Next time you have a computer or bike part hanging around, you might want to hide that thing!

:werd: already caught him with a screwdriver trying to 'fix' things around the house :)

the XTRE shouldn't be changing anything other then timing...so is it really adding fuel or is your wrist doing it??? :whistle:

the XTRE shouldn't be changing anything other then timing...so is it really adding fuel or is your wrist doing it??? :whistle:

Good question. The answer is no.
It's almost impossible to change your riding style here.
Not like I went thru my fav set of curves faster :(

Awesome comparison. I truly thought abotu getting it at one point in time but after all im seeing from you guys and now the loss of MPG... there is no way

+1 on the hammer in the hands of that man. He's gonna be lookin' for new targets. :laugh:

Watched another vid that came up after:
- Always be alert ![/url]

Glad you made it through that safe. Had disaster written all over it. Well done! Thank the heavens you had that horn! :laugh::rofl:

I'm gonna run down to Blais on Saturday if no work :please: and let them do another map to see some hp and a/f figures. After telling them this they are equally curious.

Amazing the number of drivers that do exactly what that one did...can't see chit, but go ahead and pull out anyway ::11

BTW...what type of camera do you use Blanca and how do you set it up?

GoPro Hd model with suction cup mount on tank

its adding fuel by making the bike run the 5th gear map. 5th gear ram air compensation.

I'm gonna run down to Blais on Saturday if no work :please: and let them do another map to see some hp and a/f figures. After telling them this they are equally curious.

You still could use the Ecu Editor. Flash the ecu to open your stp's to full 94%, take the timing restrictions off 1st through 4th gear, the top speed limiter will be gone then too, turn off the pair valve, turn your fans on sooner, ect.
You can do this all the while and still have your pc fuel map(I see you've said before that the dyno guys down there don't know how to do a fuel map with ecu ed.) Just a suggestion for a little more power before you get it dyno'd again.
Smith or a member here could give you an Alienhead map for ecu ed. and it would still probably be better than the one for the pc(only tuning 4 of the 8 injectors)even without an ecu ed. dyno specifically done on your bike. Just a thought, you can never have too much power, to heck with gas mileage.

How many more threads do we need before people realize the TRE is JUNK on a Gen-II... :whistle:

Good info Blanca, glad you are passing it on.... :thumbsup:

:beerchug:

Well after the first tank I thought I was wrong? Then the 2nd and 3rd and now last night I finished the 4th tank off.

Before with PCV and Xtre I was getting 120 to 4 gallons which is right when light comes on.
Now.....
PCV and no Xtre I am getting between 150-160 miles on same 4 gallons from same stations!

Picked up an average of 10mpgs by taking the thing off!
See it's death here.....
- Death of an Xtre[/url]

So, now, question.
If it was tuned with PCV and Xtre and got the 120 and now without it's getting 160 how much leaner is the bike running? She runs strong all the way thru but wouldn't picking up 10mpgs have leaned it out?
And do y'all think I need to make a run and get them to re-Dyno tune it as she's sits now?

Do you or do you not have a speedo healer?

WRONG, it is removing the timing retard. It has nothing to do with fuel. It is making the bike run the 5th gear timing map..not fuel map.

you really have no idea how this works if that's what you believe. it makes the bike run the 5th gear map, if it did just the timing map it would be NO different from an ecu flash. people like you perpetuating misinformation and nonsense on a public forum are the reason people still waste money on these things.

Back