'09 Busa-How much Horsepower should it have ?

Still yet at 195 and a very light 10 percent loss you need 25hp just to get 200 not to break it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Still yet at 195 and a very light 10 percent loss you need 25hp just to get 200 not to break it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, that sounds about right from the numbers I've seen, but I don't claim to be any sort of bigtime expert about tuning and/or performance mods.

The Gen II with heavy chain, heavy OEM oil, heavy rear wheel, heavy factory tire, rear brakes, has to be much higher than 10% but I understand your giving the absolute best starting point.

The Gen II with heavy chain, heavy OEM oil, heavy rear wheel, heavy factory tire, rear brakes, has to be much higher than 10% but I understand your giving the absolute best starting point.

Its easy to figure in my head too.

Yea we generally use 15 for manual cars and 20 for autos as a nice round number to referencer. I'd guess a normal bike is a lil more than 15 but noone will argue if you give them the break at 10percent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea I'm interested in learning.

Let's start.

How much hp is the gen 2 rated for?

What is the loss through drivetrain trhough wheels. I would say its at leats 10 percent.

That puts you at 171.

How are you adding 33 plus fwhp which would equal about 30 at the wheel if we use the same loss.
Posted via Mobile Device

When you start with crank HP, you need to figure in drivetrain losses, including tires, primary, secondary, and final drive ratio, chain, etc.

When you look at an inertial dyno, drivetrain losses don't apply. You are looking at the rate of change of a drum of a given inertial. This changing rate of the drum allows you to calculate real torque and real power. The same is true when you use terminal speed or acceleration to calculate power. It takes a certain amount of force to punch a hole in the wind. That force can be calculated into torque, and if you know the RPM your spinning at the speed, then you can calculate real power at the tire. Drivetrain loss only applies if you want to figure out crankshaft horsepower, and nobody cares about crank horsepower except ocasionally the manufacturers. The numbers I'm talking about are Rear Wheel.

When you start with crank HP, you need to figure in drivetrain losses, including tires, primary, secondary, and final drive ratio, chain, etc.

When you look at an inertial dyno, drivetrain losses don't apply. You are looking at the rate of change of a drum of a given inertial. This changing rate of the drum allows you to calculate real torque and real power. The same is true when you use terminal speed or acceleration to calculate power. It takes a certain amount of force to punch a hole in the wind. That force can be calculated into torque, and if you know the RPM your spinning at the speed, then you can calculate real power at the tire. Drivetrain loss only applies if you want to figure out crankshaft horsepower, and nobody cares about crank horsepower except ocasionally the manufacturers. The numbers I'm talking about are Rear Wheel.

Seems like you talked a circle around what I said.

You start with 190 hp at the crank. Doesn't matter. Then you lose hp as it makes its way to the ground. You can use velocities to figure hp numbers but if simple math in figuring hp does not depend on gearing weight and etc.

I'm not saying you can't go 200. I'm saying your not making over 200 when you do it.

Drive ratio's have nothing to do with hp loss when figuring loss from crank to the wheel

Is the zuk dyno incorectly measuring in the 190 range in hp at the crank. Or does it not make sense that you lose hp to the wheel. Or are you saying your mods are worth nearly 35 hp. Or are you saying there's less than a 10 percent drivetrain loss. Just trying to undrstand how your refuting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Where did you get that? I never seen one before. I bought mine new btw. My buddy didn't get one when he bought his new from a diff dealership either.
Posted via Mobile Device

funny bought mine new they forgot to give me mine too??????:whistle:

Last edited:

I also paid cash for my bike. That could be the difference. I'd imagine if you financed it, the dealer would send the certificate of origin to your lender.

There was nothing unrealistic about the numbers I posted.

If you're trying to say something, just come out with it.

There are situations that require the manufacturer's certificate of origin such as for transfers, imports, and exports. It's a legit document that provides alot of information for said goods.

I also paid cash for my bike. That could be the difference. I'd imagine if you financed it, the dealer would send the certificate of origin to your lender.

No I'm not saying nothing wrong. 195 crank doesn't seem unrealistic at all. Just never seen or heard of a point of origin doc.

That's probably it. Me and my bud financed ours. Is it kinda like a jap title or what. Did it have the vin on it or serialized numbers. I seen all the stuf they mailed to my tag office it was just a title. But the bike I got was a dealer to dealer transfer. Could be that too. Not sure if my buddys was a transfer or what.
Posted via Mobile Device

I got 199rwhp STD (with supporting bolt-on mods), is that close enough for you...

Will you describe completely supporting bolt-on mods ? and yes 199 RWHP would be close enough and incredible to me. Of course you're talking STD v. SAE, but anyway.

No I'm not saying nothing wrong. 195 crank doesn't seem unrealistic at all. Just never seen or heard of a point of origin doc.

That's probably it. Me and my bud financed ours. Is it kinda like a jap title or what. Did it have the vin on it or serialized numbers. I seen all the stuf they mailed to my tag office it was just a title. But the bike I got was a dealer to dealer transfer. Could be that too. Not sure if my buddys was a transfer or what.
Posted via Mobile Device

It looked a lot like a title document. Same type of paper, text setup and all that. It had the important info like VIN, year, model, other stuff like that. I'm not sure what the purpose of printing the horsepower is, but it certainly was there. Maybe it's because of the horsepower restrictions in some countries...? I'm sure someone else around here has seen one.

Ha u dont know very well so let me introduce myself ,on here they call me now what , some call me scott but one thing im not know for is hold my tongue , with that being said, lol , I think I said it so why r u and I even having this dialogue,BUT I will say I did finance mine could be the reason , oh well miss out again

Last edited:
Ha u dont know very well so let me introduce myself ,on here they call me now what , some call me scott but one thing im not know for is hold my tongue , with that being said, lol , I think I said it so why r u and I even having this dialogue,BUT I will say I did finance mine could be the reason , oh well miss out again

NOW_WHT or Scott.......

May I ask where you are originally from? Were you born in America?

Takeuon funny you ask that im from , well you may have heard of it krypton ,came here long time ago , long story...

Takeuon funny you ask that im from , well you may have heard of it krypton ,came here long time ago , long story...

:welcome: to the oRg. The most civil website in the world. Having an opinion or thought is not a sin, but we do treat each other with great respect. Opinions are always welcomed; well typically :laugh:

You keep telling people to click your signature, for what. All you did was copy what Brock, Dave O and Lee worked on for two days at Maxton in order to get the Suzuki sponsored bike over 200. It did not happen on the first day either with a few riders trying. I was there watching. Those guys are all pretty darn smart and the team came up with the trick. Should people not be clicking on their signatures not yours, thats my problem with you. Unless you built another bike you have really done nothing but copy cat, but you act like you invented the Hayabusa.

Hats off to Johnny Cheese for a great tune I know he did something. Try tuning your own bike next time. Do it all yourself with no guidance then come talk to us. We don't go over 205 the first time out ever on our 1441 and you are all over the web bragging how your bike is so much faster...blah blah......now thats some funny stuff. I am pretty certain everyone would rather have the bike I built, not some cookie cutter project anyone with the ability to read could do. So there you have it..........thats why I can't stand you and laughed in your face at Texas. You keep PM' ing members that I don't treat people right, respect is earned not given. Copy cats and cheaters get none.

First of all I NEVER claimed to come up with the tricks or even claimed to be the one that figured it out or did it FIRST. Apparently you can't read because I took what Brock, Dave O, Lee developed and ran with it. I CLEARLY explained in the bolt-on build that I would document what it took to run 200mph with my weight/size.

The entire point was to see if it could be done. Many people like yourself act like it can't be done. The Suzuki "sponsored" bike as you say was in many peoples eyes a ringer. Somehow a factory bike was sent special just for them and then they tweaked it like many CLAIMED to be modified to get the numbers. (Just like no Gen-II with bolt-ons will dyno 200rwhp... :rofl: )

For my own information, I took a similar setup bike to see if in FACT it could be done. As you can see from myself and SEVERAL others it CAN be done.

Now you think I invented the Hayabusa. No, I know very little and continue to share what I've learned and hope that others can learn also. I also pass on info in hope that others will pass FACTUAL info in return. I don't waste money or line my pocket book to find out if stuff works or not. I've said it before, this is a HOBBY and something I do for FUN.....PERIOD!

Now I should try and tune my own bike, then come talk to us.... Who is us, you mean the members and normal people like me or the big bad superior shop that you claim and think you are....? No guidance even...? So since you took a class at dynojet then you haven't earned anything either since they guided you and you didn't figure it out on your own....PLEASE!

In that case, maybe you should try RIDING your own bike. Since you are such a great builder why aren't you do any of the riding....?

I'm all over the web bragging.... ??? Pot-meet-kettle....try looking at EVERY single thread you post on here.

Now you want to dish on my basic build that's a cookie cutter project that anyone can read could do. Uh....that was the point of the project... :poke: Maybe you should go learn something from it...

You laughed in my face at TEXAS.... :rofl: I think the only laughing done and continued to be done is at YOU and your builds. I'd be pissed to if I spent $20k on a customers HPC built shop bike and it barely ran with 3 100% STOCK motor bikes that day. Then you went out and BLEW UP both of the ZX14's that day....nice work!

Then your last word is cheater.... ??? WTF...where did that come from? How exactly am I a cheater....? You think my bike isn't stock as described.... :rofl:

I think this is the last straw and it shows.

I'm done....

Blanca Busa, I'm sorry your thread is getting all crapped up here. As you're new to the .oRg, I'll let you know that this is not how we typically do things around here. I hope that what I posted before was helpful to you in some way, as it's nothing short of the truth.

NOW_WHT, I have no Idea what you're saying. Go catch an English class and get back to me. :thumbsup:

Back