MPGs before and after MODs ????

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Just curious what others are getting. :whistle:
Before when stock I could go 120 miles which would be right to the top of the red in the gauge when the light comes on. Fill up was exactly 4 gallons.

Now after Muzzy 4into1, XTRE, Pwr Cmndr V, K&N and dyno tune I go 100 miles on same 4 gallons.

Of course I know you gotta pay if you want to play and I did pick up just under 18hp from mods.

Comes out to be:
30mpg before
25mpg after

Again completely fair to trade 5mpgs for 18hp but I am just wondering what others get around the country before and after ????

Secondly any brave souls know exactly how far past first light on or top of red in gauge you can go before Kaput !

:beerchug:

Sounds like your map may be set a little to rich in the cruise mode ? But in saying that I wouldn't lean the mapping back as much as the 02 sensor does when fuel mapping. I take it you have 02 eliminator fitted ? :beerchug:

I've had the needle buried and ended up putting only 4.9?? I when filled up, and that was filled to the brim. I didnt really keep track of my fuel consumption after mods, only before so I really dont have a comparison.

Last edited:
Yes if you speak of the plug that came with pwr cmndr, it is installed.
No O2 sensor, eliminated, plugged and tuned. It runs now so much nicer.
It is like a different bike. I swear if you could have ridden it before and after with your eyes closed you would swear it was a diff bike ! Throttle response, idle and ride are much better all the way around now. And like I said I am just curious. Most things I have Modded in my life were cars. I had an 00 Stang with an intercooled supercharger. 477hp to the wheels. The gas gauge was faster than the tach :rofl:

I figure 5mpg for 18hp was a fair trade maybe I'm wrong, and I guess a little rich is always better than the other !

PS.....Australia !:thumbsup: Aussie Aussie Aussie....Love Fosters and Aussie Rules football. How is it those guys play full contact much rougher it seems with no pads and then help each other up ? 'Sorry mate, have a hand!'

A whole 'nuther discussion. Ride on 'Mad Max', personally I prefered the Toe Cutter !:laugh:

Ive gone 35 miles once the light comes on right at the red, have done it a couple times cause i got lost in unknown area with very little gas stations...first time i did it, got home was curious so i emptied the remains..half a gallon approx left....

like many things there's a trade off. If you're tunned for power then you're burning more gas and air to do it. :thumbsup:

55 mpg highway stock with low to mid 40's city/highway mpg. 3 teeth up in the rear, full system, motty afr tuner, and small other things.... mid forty's highway and 39-42 combined city/highway! But very happy with the results!... A much nicer and stronger bike!

Just curious what others are getting. :whistle:
Before when stock I could go 120 miles which would be right to the top of the red in the gauge when the light comes on. Fill up was exactly 4 gallons.

Now after Muzzy 4into1, XTRE, Pwr Cmndr V, K&N and dyno tune I go 100 miles on same 4 gallons.

Of course I know you gotta pay if you want to play and I did pick up just under 18hp from mods.

Comes out to be:
30mpg before
25mpg after

Again completely fair to trade 5mpgs for 18hp but I am just wondering what others get around the country before and after ????

Secondly any brave souls know exactly how far past first light on or top of red in gauge you can go before Kaput !

:beerchug:

:suspect: 18hp is impressive for those mods. If they are accurate, you should be very happy.

Lean it up a bit on the cells where the cruising rpm is and it will make a big difference and not impact the perfomance hardly any. You will only be leaning the 2, 5 and 10% cells anyhow! Lean the 10% less than the 5%. It will make a difference!

I went 2down on the front sprocket, was getting 42mpg before that and now I am getting about 32-36mpg. I have also driven about 40miles after the light comes on and have about 1/2 gallon left in the tank..:whistle:

stock: combined city/hwy was anywhere from 42 to 46, hwy only i have got as much as 56 (even with a couple 155 mph runs thrown in the mix)

brocks exhaust / bazzaz w/ auto tune (i don't recommend the auto tune btw) / ram air seals / without professional dyno tune: 35-39 hwy/city and at most 42 hwy alone

prof. tune with same mods: 39-44 combined city/hwy, even got 54 hwy only the other day...all bs'n aside, i was surprised, your right JC, the mpg did pick back up considerably:thumbsup:

Stock: 36-48 city/highway mixed.

Modded: Not cat, Micron GP Sport pipes, K&N race filter, ECU flash tuned - 35-45 city/highway mixed.

Track: 10/19 MPG dry/rain.

I averaged 44 MPG going 75-80 from Portland to San Jose. Even did a little throttle whacking a few times.

Last edited:
Last trip to d.c. and back. My highway average with the mods. listed above where in the mid forties running 70-90mph on 95! 44-47mpg!

Last edited:
Back