'09 Busa-How much Horsepower should it have ?

Never called you a cheater but all the below still applies... we burnt a valve on the fastest NOS ZX-14 in the world (two years running) and I have built the fastest turbo 14 in the world, guess I need to hang out with you more clicking your signature.........dude your completely stupid. We knew you would reply with BS...all of the below is highly accurate... last straw, I don't need to be your buddy "Got-Busa"................................... for the record the customer loves his HPC Busa, he is riding it right now on a wonderful sunny day. Before you think for him call him and ask about his impressions he has read your stupid post as well....Duh.............I've been 213.7 and I am the first Afro-American in the history of Land Speed Racing (not that race matters but I did make history) to go over 200...thats faster than 204............just curious how many request do you get by others to ride the bikes you build oh thats right you have not built any..maybe thats why I don't have to ride all of them.

Originally Posted by GPW
You keep telling people to click your signature, for what. All you did was copy what Brock, Dave O and Lee worked on for two days at Maxton in order to get the Suzuki sponsored bike over 200. It did not happen on the first day either with a few riders trying. I was there watching. Those guys are all pretty darn smart and the team came up with the trick. Should people not be clicking on their signatures not yours, thats my problem with you. Unless you built another bike you have really done nothing but copy cat, but you act like you invented the Hayabusa.

Hats off to Johnny Cheese for a great tune I know he did something. Try tuning your own bike next time. Do it all yourself with no guidance then come talk to us. We don't go over 205 the first time out ever on our 1441 and you are all over the web bragging how your bike is so much faster...blah blah......now thats some funny stuff. I am pretty certain everyone would rather have the bike I built, not some cookie cutter project anyone with the ability to read could do. So there you have it..........thats why I can't stand you and laughed in your face at Texas. You keep PM' ing members that I don't treat people right, respect is earned not given. Copy cats and cheaters get none.

Last edited:
Looks like a 3 to 4 HP gain in second gear off this one website. I was thinking a TRE simply changes the top end limit.

hayabusa_k8_2nd.jpg

Looks like a 3 to 4 HP gain in second gear off this one website. I was thinking a TRE simply changes the top end limit.

Yea some are showing some and others are showing none. Almost like the airbox mod. No it locks the bike in the 5th gear tune from my understanding, which has no speed limiter or timing retard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Never called you a cheater but all the below still applies... we burnt a valve on the fastest NOS ZX-14 in the world (two years running) and I have built the fastest turbo 14 in the world, guess I need to hang out with you more clicking your signature.........dude your completely stupid. We knew you would reply with BS...all of the below is highly accurate... last straw, I don't need to be your buddy "Got-Busa"................................... for the record the customer loves his HPC Busa, he is riding it right now on a wonderful sunny day. Before you think for him call him and ask about his impressions he has read your stupid post as well....Duh.............I've been 213.7 and I am the first Afro-American in the history of Land Speed Racing (not that race matters but I did make history) to go over 200...thats faster than 204............just curious how many request do you get by others to ride the bikes you build oh thats right you have not built any..maybe thats why I don't have to ride all of them.

Originally Posted by GPW
You keep telling people to click your signature, for what. All you did was copy what Brock, Dave O and Lee worked on for two days at Maxton in order to get the Suzuki sponsored bike over 200. It did not happen on the first day either with a few riders trying. I was there watching. Those guys are all pretty darn smart and the team came up with the trick. Should people not be clicking on their signatures not yours, thats my problem with you. Unless you built another bike you have really done nothing but copy cat, but you act like you invented the Hayabusa.

Hats off to Johnny Cheese for a great tune I know he did something. Try tuning your own bike next time. Do it all yourself with no guidance then come talk to us. We don't go over 205 the first time out ever on our 1441 and you are all over the web bragging how your bike is so much faster...blah blah......now thats some funny stuff. I am pretty certain everyone would rather have the bike I built, not some cookie cutter project anyone with the ability to read could do. So there you have it..........thats why I can't stand you and laughed in your face at Texas. You keep PM' ing members that I don't treat people right, respect is earned not given. Copy cats and cheaters get none.

Big Bore, or NOS, or cams and pistons :whistle:

But no, I agree no one is just putting a pipe on a current Busa and getting 200 ..........

On a dyno...no you won't see 200RWHP.

In the real world...w/RAM air...it is possible :whistle:

Blanca Busa, I'm sorry your thread is getting all crapped up here. As you're new to the .oRg, I'll let you know that this is not how we typically do things around here. I hope that what I posted before was helpful to you in some way, as it's nothing short of the truth.

NOW_WHT, I have no Idea what you're saying. Go catch an English class and get back to me. :thumbsup:

coooool dude like narly , is that better buddy

On a dyno...no you won't see 200RWHP.

In the real world...w/RAM air...it is possible :whistle:

Finally read the thread. With many mods and a great tune from Johnny Cheese he made 195 SAE. I think that was running MR9 fuel also. Josh correct me if I'm wrong please.

I don't think he installed the extended air duct pieces, but he did seal the airbox.

Whew can we come back to reality. I thought we were all gentlemen that rode trusty steeds , not a bunch of young whippersnappers with something to prove on their first 600 ! I would hate to see if the people on this post gathered for a brew how many fights would erupt or who would be the first to kill themselves riding and trying to say "OH YEAH....TAKE THAT":moon:

Now that I am fine with the go faster dept. I am considering new rotors, braided lines and pads all the way around. Galfer seems to be the flavor of the day.

What say ya'll ?

Here take a look at my little buddy whom at three is already just as much in love with Blanca as I am !! The sight of him like the other pic of pop n kid should let a little of the hot air in here out. Kids !!! Pure innocence...All the time he's sees me suiting up and says "I wanna go with you" . He grabs daddies helmet , gloves and gear. What a cool little dude he is. Now you all can see why I could care less really about true HP figs. Got too much at home waiting for me ! :beerchug:

Future F1A Champ 9.12.09 005.jpg

Blanca Busa, I apologize for the interuption to your thread and I will rectify it.

FOR THE RECORD:
THERE ARE TWO PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WHOSE KEYBOARD KUNG-FU IS STRONGER THAN MINE. I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE A GUEST, A MEMBER OR A SPONSOR, YOU CALL SOMEONE STUPID AND YOU GET MY ATTENTION.

GOT-BUSA AND GPW - BACK OFF AND TAKE A BREAK FROM EACH OTHER, PLEASE.

I WILL NOT TOLERATE PEOPLE BEING BLATANTLY DISRESPECTFUL TO EACH OTHER, AND I DON'T LIKE GOADING.

GPW, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO START A THREAD ABOUT LAND SPEED - BUT THIS ONE ISN'T IT. IN THIS THREAD, YOU CALLED GOT-BUSA OUT, AND WHEN HE RESPONDED YOU CALLED HIM STUPID. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. ANY MEMBER READING THIS THAT HAS A PROBLEM WITH ME ENSURING THAT THE MEMBERS ARE TREATING EACH OTHER WITH SOME LEVEL OF RESPECT CAN TAKE IT UP WITH CAPTAIN. NEXT OUT OF LINE POST IN THIS THREAD GETS DELETED AND THE POSTER GETS A DAY OFF.

I AM DONE.

Since you all seem to be knowledgeable regarding Busas and this thread has turned in to a general instead of specific I would like to ask a group opinion. I recently had EBC HH pads installed all the way around. From day one it seemed no matter how long or how fast the ride when I stopped the rear rotor and caliper were noticeably hotter than the fronts. I realize there may be a wind/cooling factor on the fronts but you also use them alot more and harder. It seemed to me that the pads were dragging and causing excessive heat buildup. So since the rear seems much more easier to service than the fronts I rotated the caliper up after removing pin and bolt and removed the pads for a look see. The edges seemed rough so I decided to bevel the edges all the way around especially the leading edge. I also lightly sanded the rotor while it was on a stand . Nothing aggressive just rotating the tire and lightly sanding it with 400 grit paper.
From the 600 miles already on the new pads I could see lines on rotor starting to form
in darker rings than the oem ones had left. After sanding the rotor was cleaner but not like new because I only did it for 5-10 minutes very lightly. Then I cleaned the rotor with a towel soaked in rubbing alcohol. I also put a little anti-squeal goo on the back of both pads. Then I reassembled everything. Even just rolling it outside I could feel the diff. Going down the road it felt maybe just mentally like it was now a perfect match. It was from get go noticeably smoother. But the real test was to ride for 30-40 min stop and check. After a quick half hour ride I stopped and immediately checked the rotors and calipers front and rear. The rear was nice and cool. The fronts hot but not so hot they burn a bare hand. A complete diff. See below for a couple pics of how I prepped the pads.:thumbsup:You can see that all I did was round off the edges on both pads all the way around with emphasis on the leading edge.

In the last pic I have drawn a red line to a curious metal 'chunk' in the pad itself. I realize that sintered metal pads are made up of pressed together bits of metal but this one seems to be larger than it should be and I am wondering if anybody really can say if this is normal or if this chunk missed the refining process and just slipped thru. It just caught my eye and seemed out of place. ???

Now since I am so happy with the rear I would like to see if the same thing will get rid of the slight hissing/buzzing sound coming from the fronts. After 600 miles it does not seem to be going away.

My question to y'all is how difficult is it really to service the fronts> I have a service manual and in like three sentences it tells you how to do it. It sounds so simple it is scaring me. Are there any tips/tricks/pitfalls I need to look out for or can use to make
it a simple as the rear went. Do I just loosen the two pins then remove two caliper bolts, lift caliper then remove pins and out come pads, simple ? Or is getting it all back together on a Busa in the front more diff than the book makes it seem ? I am betting that the same thing done to the rear done to the fronts will make them the way it should be , better than oem and just as quiet ! ??????:bowdown:

rear pads 10.10.09 005.jpg

rear pads 10.10.09 001.jpg

metal chunk in pad.JPG

Last edited:
Back