m109r

diesel

Registered
Of course I'm keeping the busa but I really like the 109r . Does anyone here have one?? I might get the limited 07. I feel like I'm a target for speeding tickets latel,. due to the # of retards around my area wheelying thru traffic and killing themselves right and left on sportbikes.

I feel like I don't have any fun riding my bike under 120 mph anywhere and in Fl the few twisty roads get O L D !! The 109 looks like fun to ride and enjoy the scenery instead of it becoming a blur and it seems sporty enough to ride hard.

I had a 07 109 LE but I got rid of it 2 weeks ago.

30426bccee6f5c077fcc30666cb849220_medium.jpg

and got this instead.

612e80331b383228f66f519255a794bf0_medium.jpg

The 109 is really nice, comfortable, fast cruiser. I like them alot , but I think the shifting is a little to firm and noisy for my liking. Pretty much the Busa of the cruiser world
super.gif
They have a nice silver and an orange one for '08

I have a Red 06 Busa and a Silver 06 109. They are both great bikes, and I have not had a problem with either bike.

I rode one also, didnt like it. i would by the Yamaha Roadstar if I bought a cruiser. m-109 is uncomfortable for me. Ride berfore you buy. Expensive mistake if not.

I don't like bikes with shaft drive, period but YMMV. If it had belt drive and less plastic, I'd be on one...

I had a white 07 M109R. I had it almost a year and only put 1,000 miles on it before trading it for an 07 Busa. It is a really nice looking bike and has lots of power. It just ended up not being as comfy as I hoped and for me it just was not a lot of fun to ride. A little awkward maneuvering. The 109 gets a lot of looks and people always wanted to ask questions about it everywhere I went but it just wasn't for me.

i like the victory cruiser all but one thing its air cooled ....just like the harley ultra classic i had in the hot summers it gets hot and u can feel it and for it to cool down either u stop and let it set or hit the highway for atleast 30 miles since the vtwin runs hot any way ...after that i will never own a air cooled bike again
beerchug.gif

If you are looking for a "power cruiser" take a good look at the yamaha road star warrior. It is an awsome bike. i had one for bout a year and a half. i loved it. Very quick as far as cruisers, and pretty comfy. It has an unbalanced motor so it is a little "viby" but with pipes sounds great!! They handle really well for a cruiser, with R1 like suspension, and aluminum frame. Go to RSWarrior.com/org. cant remember. but very good forum and really knowledgeable group of guys.

i know that this is not popular aroung here-but IMO if your
going for a twin get a Harley. metric twins just dont get it for
me. i own a busa & a harley. the new twin cams are reliable,
dont leak oil,6 speed trannys,stable,very comfortable, and
are chick magnets. not to mention the tradition and styling &
sound that the japanese companies have tried to reproduce without success for years i might add.
just go to any bike nite. cycle world
recently did a comparison on 3 power cruisers-v-rod,victory hammer,
&m109. v-rod came out on top although i would go for a streetglide or
roadglide if i were in the market for a new v-twin.

I had a belt drive Road Star and wouldn't recommend that to anyone. The problems with the belt are numerous, especially if you have to drive some gravel roads. It tends to pick up a gravel bit and you can hear it grind it up as it passes thru the pulley. Not good for the belt. Also, mud can build up between the rubber teeth when operated in less then desirable conditions, and this mud prevents the teeth from grabbing, burning up the belt. And if operating in a storm area with blowing twigs all over the road, it will pick up a twig and catch it between the guard and belt and just wear the H out of the belt edge until you stop and remove. I also had to purchase a special belt tension gauge to keep the correct tension. Always checked that! The belts were only $115 and that was several years ago.

Nope, I got rid of that belt driven Road star as soon as I could see my way into a Honda VTX 1800 shaft drive..Got rid of my tension guage, spare belts, and had nothing but trouble free shaft drive operation, plus the VTX is a performance monster on the road. Nothing like my Hayabusa compared to acceleration, and top end, but ride and the heavy Honda sticks to the pavement like glue.

If I couldn't buy chain, go shaft drive. Stay away from belts, they are for corn combines.

Thanksn for all the input. I guess I"ll just have to ride one. Maybe they'll have some test rides in Daytona this year. I really like the look of them and they seem to be pretty sporty for a cruiser. I want to still be able to "ride" it or else I would get a freakin' Gold Wing! The styling just flows so good. To me the Yamaha 's and Harley's look like somene put it together in their garage with whatever parts they could find.That's just my own opinion, no offense to anyone.
wink.gif
Some of the new Harleys look ok but I just can't buy into the Harley thing. I laugh everytime I see a 140 lb dentist with his new goatee and barb-wire bicep half wrap pulling up to a light like he's a bad-boy.HA-ha!

ALSO, I totally agree on the belt issue.

(diesel @ Sep. 14 2007,13:06) I want to still be able to "ride" it or else I would get a freakin' Gold Wing!
I take it you never had the pleasure of riding the 1800 Wing. For an 800 lb. bike, that thing will rock. The 900 lb. 1500 Wing rocks too. There not Busa bad, but they are strong runners. Plus you can have the heater and FM going too........
crazy.gif

4wd, how did u manage to ruin a belt that is stronger than any bike chain?? Did u only ride down dirt roads and off road, and apparantly in hurricanes?? I never had any problems out of my warrior or its belt!

(Poppy @ Sep. 14 2007,17:02)
(diesel @ Sep. 14 2007,13:06) I want to still be able to "ride" it or else I would get a freakin' Gold Wing!
I take it you never had the pleasure of riding the 1800 Wing. For an 800 lb. bike, that thing will rock. The 900 lb. 1500 Wing rocks too. There not Busa bad, but they are strong runners. Plus you can have the heater and FM going too........
crazy.gif
Ya' know...I never rode one, that would be awesome spankin' some gixxer punks thru the twisties on one of those!! They do look pretty darn comfy.

I had a demo for a couple of days, It's Huge, it's cool looking and it's got a lot of power.

The Blue and white looks cool as well, but I found it missing that... I dunno. Something wasn't quite right. Might have been the ergonomics, or just the sorta decent handling, I think it was the Character that was missing actually. Just doesn't have that Edge. All that being said they are pretty damn cool.

As much as I bag on H-D, when it comes to Cruisers they really have it all figured out. The New 2007s are much more competent than previous models also. They now have 96 CI, FI, and a 6-Speed transmission that is very nice. There are all sorts of different models and configurations available. A lot has changed in 2007-2008, I promise you there is something there that you would find something finished just right for you and Nobody paints them better or has a larger after market than Harley.

Just a thought, but the new 07 H-Ds really are a pretty decent value FWIW.

Back