Bye bye M109R, Hello Busa!!

Shadowside

Registered
Well today I traded in my M109R for this 2004 Buas LE, only 3850 miles on her. The 9 was sweet but I don't think cruisers are my style. The busa has a few nicks and scratches on the lower right fairing but other than that she is in fine shape. Looks like the previous owner may have tipped her over in a parking lot or something. I can understand the appeal of these things now. Besides being fast, it rides very easy and smooth. I don't think I'm gonna miss my M109R. First two mods will be a windshield and exhaust. Let it begin!
Exia1.jpg

Welcome to the .Org!

On a side note, I've been thinking about picking up an M109 when the money situation looks better, what do you think about it?

sweet.
:welcome:

i think the doublebubble smoke windshield is the best mod i have done for the money. cheap, looks good, and makes for a much peaceful ride. and you can see your gauges or radardetector

Welcome to the .Org!

On a side note, I've been thinking about picking up an M109 when the money situation looks better, what do you think about it?

Overall the M109R is a great bike. Very torquey and fast for a cruiser. It actually handles surprisingly well for such a big bike with a 240 rear tire. The attention the thing draws from other motorcyclists and non-motorcyclists alike is unreal.
My biggest gripe about the bike is the notchy shifting. Shifting from 1st to 2nd sucks, the other gears are fine. It's a common characteristic of the M109R. Preloading the shifter helps. The Factory Pro shift star helps as well. A small percentage of owners have had tranny and clutch cable problems over time. It's a travesty the Suzuki didn't give it a hydraulic clutch.
The only other gripe I had was lack of ground clearance. I was scraping pegs all the time. It doesn't take much. I ground my feelers down to almost nothing in under 3000 miles and scraped the pipes once. So I started riding more cautious. Pretty sad that the 109 doesn't have more clearance because it does handle well for a long wheel base cruiser and it's a blast to ride.
You should check out M109Riders.com for more info. It's a great and very active forum.

Last edited:
Nice Busa.Good choice.:thumbsup:
Hectic you may want to check out the Yamaha roadstar warrior.They handle the turns and cruise all day long.I will not get rid of mine.I did a 240 and still drag everything through the turns.I have suprisd alot of sport riders with how well it carves throught the corners.Some of them have a hard time keeping up. Do yourself a favor and check it out.:laugh:Also check out the site www.RSWarrior.com a great bunch like hear.

ride-2.jpg

I how I love those warriors......... Congrats Shadow nice pics and welcome to the insanity:welcome:

Back