New member interested in the Hayabusa

blightrider

Registered
Hello everyone!

I'm Ron and I just joined today. Im 30 and have had a number of interesting bikes and would like to own a few more!

I've always been a big fan of v-twin power. My other vtwins have included a yamaha mto1 and a ducati 1098. My current bike is a 2008 Suzuki m109r

I'm looking at if I want a RC51 or a TLR or a hayabusa. . I'm a pretty tall guy about 220 lbs and most sporty bikes don't fit me well. I've had a hayabusa in the house which belongs to my brother back in 2001 which I used to borrow and it's a pretty comfortable ride I could picture myself using for trips or even commuting. I am even considering a 2000-2007 style hayabusa that is well taken care of.

I've always loved the Honda but I've heard it's uncomfortable. I recently remembered the tlr and wondered if I'd enjoy that. . Keep in mind I'm not in it for just performance (I don't try speeding or riding aggressively) but more for fun and a little touring, I'm no show off! Some would say I ride like a grandpa most of the time. I just take time to enjoy the view :laugh:. I'm glad my 1098 was stolen only 6 months after owning it because that thing was way to small and uncomfortable for me.

I'm hoping to spend maybe $5000. Can I get a nice reasonable bike in that range? Wouldn't mind if it had some pipes and a fuel controller, perhaps a TRE if it needs... But I'm not a fan of lowering kits or stretched or chromed... Just clean!

Ever since I've got rid of my 82 cb900f id like something sporty again! Would go well with my 109 with Vance and Hines pipes.

Thanks everyone

Yes, you can find a used Busa for around $5000 (or close to it). If you have not yet done so, check out your local Craigslist or Cycletrader. Best of luck.

Here's some that are local to me:

2005 hayabusa

5K85R45M73n63E73Kac4o6c3de4f31bee1285.jpg

1999 Hayabusa $6000-OBO

5N75Ga5H73Lb3la3H2c47a8f5fa2771ce1065.jpg

Welcome! You mentioned touring. That eliminates the rc51 and the tlr. There, that was easy! :laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You posted on a busa forum about which bike we would recommend. :rofl:

I give you three guesses as to which one we will chose for you :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You also said that your brother had one that you rode and it was comfortable, right?

I think you have your answer.

Now it's just finding THE bike that meets your requirements, price, location, and condition, right?

Start on E-bay and Craigslist, those you can narrow down to your area, or at least to how far you are willing to go to get one.

If you find one and need advice you can post on this forum again and you will get more help I'm sure. Photos will help. :please:

Good luck in your search. :beerchug:

Back