Lost a race i didn't know i was in, does it count?

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I was headed out yesterday at 9:00am to meet a few buddies for what was planned as a 200ish mile day of riding. Got on jeans, boots, Joe Rocket textile, Nitro gloves, helmet, mp3 player is going, tank bag stuffed with maps and beverages etc... About 2 miles from my house is this road about 150 years old, litererally 2 carts wide, it's paved and winds though the woods and farms, it is about 1.5 miles long and has 1 house on it. I zip down this thing at about 80 MPH same as always. Well out of nowhere(scared the crap out of me) this idiot on a 7R screams past me in a corner on the left side of the road hanging off, doing probably 120 MPH. He's wearing sandals, shorts, a tank top and a helmet. I catch up to him at the end of the road (he is waiting for me). He looks at me makes a gun shape with his fingers, pulls the trigger, and then makes the gesture like he's blowing the smoke from the barrel. He then proceeds to do a standing burnout an take off again to the right, I was going left.

WTF???

Did I really lose??? I'm sure if I actually was racing...

sounds like you shoulda put the kick stand down and given jr a little dose of act right
wink.gif
laugh.gif

and no you cant loose if you arent racing
cool.gif

biggrin.gif
User malfunction! Wrong thread!

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152556756 -->

Yes, jeans. If that makes me squid then so be it. I take my chances every day when I get out of bed. As long as my head remains intact I'll deal with the rest.

the only idiot racing there was that dork on the 7R, so-he beat himself. N he cant blow doors off a bike, and everyone's version of squid is diff-I wear jeans, but I'd never rock a MP3 player. to each his own tho. Just glad he didnt tag you when he went by, n thank goodness he took a diff route, so you wouldnt run over him exiting the next blind turn you came to.:p

I wear jeans too. I also wear a leather jacket, gloves, boots & a helmet.

I've got two leathers also, The textile is more comfy in the sun/heat, it was 78 out when I left in the morning.

The MP3 is hooked into the intercom system and is barely audible, more like a whisper and I probably shouldn't admit this (in public) but when I use it on the bike I play classical...

Both my knees are already junk and I've had foot surgery 3 times, I live with pain everyday and sound like rice crispies when I walk. I can't swim, ski at all or run/jog more than a quarter mile without problems. My doctor says I probably would qualify for a HP tag if I wanted it. Leave it for the ones who can't walk at all.

Whats wrong with jeans ? I have Joe Rocket Steel Jeans . Sometimes you just can't wear full leathers everywhere.

The race is not always won by the fastest. Racing a squid is pointless. Racing a squid on the street is realy pointless.

That's what you get for not paying attention!!
tounge.gif

LOSER!!!

the squid that is!

Dear lord! Squids with inger guns! What's this world coming to?!

In all seriousness though. It's easy to "unsquid" someone by performing a standing burnout in gravel in front of them. After their done picking the gravel out of their skin maybe they will change their mind
biggrin.gif

Back