I thought this was too cool

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I was dropping my busa off at the dealership this morning to get the new tires mounted. This guy starts talking to me as soon as I get off my bike. The dealership just got an 06 Busa in stock and he's thinking about buying it. So we talk for a while. Having put 10,200 miles on the Busa, he was interested in my impression. We talked about the good things and not so good things about owning a Busa. He told me stories about his years of racing. We talked for al least 30 minutes. Here's the cool part. He's 74 years young! I told him about H.org. Hopefully we'll see him in here.

smile.gif
thats what im talkin about!

We have an older guy around Lakeland that rides a Busa. I haven't been able to go to bike night on tues. in quite a while but maybe Kevin K. can give more details on him. I know his bike is set up with an air shifter and he's logged MANY miles on it.

We have an older guy around Lakeland that rides a Busa.  I haven't been able to go to bike night on tues. in quite a while but maybe Kevin K. can give more details on him.  I know his bike is set up with an air shifter and he's logged MANY miles on it.
I know who youre talking about. He is a short guy, about 5'4 maybe? His bike is lowered, air shifter and all kinds of other stuff. He has ridden from Lakeland Fl all the way to Washington State and back. I dont know how many miles he has on it, but surely a bunch.

You're only old when you start acting like the preconceived notion that society has for you.

We have an older guy around Lakeland that rides a Busa. I haven't been able to go to bike night on tues. in quite a while but maybe Kevin K. can give more details on him. I know his bike is set up with an air shifter and he's logged MANY miles on it.
I know who youre talking about. He is a short guy, about 5'4 maybe? His bike is lowered, air shifter and all kinds of other stuff. He has ridden from Lakeland Fl all the way to Washington State and back. I dont know how many miles he has on it, but surely a bunch.
Is it a black/ Silver / Red BUsa and the guy looks like he ought to be on a Harley Shovel Head . Grey beard , and most times wears a Doe Rag on his head.

We have an older guy around Lakeland that rides a Busa.  I haven't been able to go to bike night on tues. in quite a while but maybe Kevin K. can give more details on him.  I know his bike is set up with an air shifter and he's logged MANY miles on it.
I know who youre talking about.  He is a short guy, about 5'4 maybe?  His bike is lowered, air shifter and all kinds of other stuff.  He has ridden from Lakeland Fl all the way to Washington State and back.  I dont know how many miles he has on it, but surely a bunch.
His name is Chuck. he is mid 60's and he has the Pingle electric Shifter ( Upshifts AND Downshifts) with a gear indicator. I believe he said he lives in the ZephyrHills area. His favorite riding position is laying on the tank with his hands on the Top plate. He sits like that for hoursat his highway cruising speed of just over 80. If I'm not mistaken it is an '02 with 50,000+ on it.
There's also another guy that goes up there named Chuck that is Mid 50's. He has a few sport bikes and I get the impression his Busa isn't low mileage either.

When I started shopping for bikes in the spring of 2003, I settled on an FJR1300 only to find I made my decision five days after the cut-off date for 2004 orders. So I started shopping all over and when I asked the local Suzuki dealer what they had in the way of a sport-tourer, all they could suggest was a Hayabusa. I said that I thought that was like the ultimate crotch rocket, but they told me that back in 1999, they sold their first one to a 70 year-old retired physician who rode it 15,000 miles during the first year he had it and liked it so much, he bought a 2000 for his wife! I figured that if he could like it, so could a 56 year-old.

I see more "mature" people on them than I do younger riders. Some say that's because of the insurance, but State Farm insures my Busa for less than they quoted me for the FJR.

Ed

Back