I thought this was too cool

Cool! Age should never stop you from doing what you love!

Ya know, that made me think about something. I'm not old or anything (almost 40), but I've noticed that a LOT of young "slacker" types LOVE my Busa. What's up with that?
rock.gif

Guys my age respect it too of course, but those young, skateboard riding, crooked hat wearing, school skipping, future burger flippers sure do enjoy the Busa!
laugh.gif

Instead of telling me I have a nice bike, I wish they would get a job.
tounge.gif

(OK, maybe I am old.)

my girl asked if I'd stillbe riding my busa when i'm 75 , I said no . she sighed with relief . then I said , I'm sure there will be something faster by then
biggrin.gif

I was dropping my busa off at the dealership this morning to get the new tires mounted.  This guy starts talking to me as soon as I get off my bike.  The dealership just got an 06 Busa in stock and he's thinking about buying it.  So we talk for a while.  Having put 10,200 miles on the Busa, he was interested in my impression.  <span style='color:red'>We talked about the good things and not so good things about owning a Busa.</span>  He told me stories about his years of racing.  We talked for al least 30 minutes.  Here's the cool part.  He's 74 years young!  I told him about H.org.  Hopefully we'll see him in here.
What are you talking about? Not so good things? In 57,917
miles I have yet to find anything not so good about it.

smile.gif

cool.gif

thumbs-up.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1296"|1130545691 -->

What are you talking about? Not so good things? In 57,917
miles I have yet to find anything not so good about it.

smile.gif

cool.gif

thumbs-up.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.
4000-5000 miles out of a rear tire and all the attention the cops give it. I know that the chain is the best drive for it, but the constant maintenance is a PITA. But, I wouldn't trade mine for any other bike.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Hey guys I started riding sport bikes back in 1987 at the age of 27,my first bike was a 1987  Kawi GPS-750 which I rode for three years in Germany sold it in 1990 returned to the states with intentions to buy another one soon, at the age of 35, in 1995 I purchase a used 1993 CBR 600F2 crash it twice within a year apart, sold it late summer 96, figured that was it for me, then came spring 97 got the hitch again, purchase a leftover 95 GSX-750R still in the crate for $6000 at the time Suzuki offered a track course called "The Suzuki enduro course" for buyers of new sport bikes, well since it was a two year old bike still in the crated I said what the hell I will go to the course and see if it was really worth it, guys it was the best thing I've ever done that as anything to do with riding bikes, I rode that bike from May 97 to September 2000 sold it because I was on my way to Kuwait on a permanent change of duty station for the Army for twelve months, I returned to the states in May of  02, but was preparing myself and family for retiremenafter 22 years of service, I retired April 03, got settle into civilian world and in May 2004 I gave myself a B'day/retirement gift, I purchased an 03 silver/gray for a decent price, it is the best riding bike I've ever been on I'm 45 five now, I'm also the vice-president of my motorcycle club and to be honest I'm having the best time of my life right now, gents and ladies you are never to old to enjoy anything so go for it you only live once.
Peace
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure--Colin Powell

<!--EDIT|OTTBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130573140 -->

who said 45 is old,last time i went to the track , there was a guy on rc51 that was 70 years old, the guy was ridding harder and faster then most of us,i am only 23
laugh.gif

Back