Stranger on a 954RR

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I was at my girlfriend's this evening talking to her and I seen this sportbike go by. I ran for the door like I always do when I hear or see a sportbike coming by. He was already gone. I turned around and a few seconds later, there he was parked next to the Busa. He was on a 2002 954RR. I have never met him or seen him before but he said he had to come back and check it out. He about crapped when he found out this was the first sport bike I had owned. We talked and he shared alot of bike info I didn't know and gave me some tips on riding. Seemed like a very nice guy. He told me that I had the unique bike of the area. It felt great hearing that. I bet we talked for 30mins. Anyway, just wanted to share a little story of 2 strangers talking about bikes.

I thought I was the only one to run to the window when a bike passes in the street.

I think my wife should read this!

Sounds good, Billbell! Not tryin' to get in your business, but I would get worried at that "unique bike of the area" comment. Hope you keep her secure! Just my $.02.

I live in a town with around 2800 people so I am not to worried about it. Plus I don't leave it sit out on the street if it's not going to get rode. I think he met it was unique because we don't see alot of sportbikes, let alona a Busa in our towns. Everyone around here thinks Harley's rule.

Good to hear. I guess I just get more worried about things than I should!

I used to get that all of the time when I had the stock paint and extended swingarm on it. I was always weery of people asking to many questions about where about I live and work stuff like that. I am going to be even more anal about that now, after I get her back up.

don't let your wife read this!  j/k.:;):
What she don't know won't hurt her!  Just kidding.  I got rid of the wife about 6 or 7 yrs ago.  Now it's me and the 2 kids living together.
Bood on ya Bill!

I had sole of my 3 for 6 yrs also.

I meet strangers (No not from Portugal) all the time.  I see a guy in a riding jacket & I'm talking to em.

Like Big says...

Watch closely!
That is cool on both of you, I have custody of my 4 year old little girl! It is awesome.

<!--EDIT|Rich
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082437353 -->

Easter_april_04.JPG

Nice jobguys! Rich, she is a cutie. My daughter is 10 1/2 and the boy will be 13 in June. Growing up fast!

Yup! I also run to the window when I hear a bike go by. As a matter of fact, I've been trying to chase a guy down that has a 2004 Red Busa, but every time I see him I'm in my cage and can't catch up with him. I will keep trying.
smile.gif

i try to stop and talk to people but seems like i am in my car when i see other sportbikes and can not catch up with them ....when on the busa all i see is hardlyes running around
rock.gif

Back