Lost a friend yesterday

Absolutely gutted, a terribly sad story, my thoughts are with all friends and family, god watch over the little 9 year old boy.

RIP Daren and prayers to all involved and their friends and family. Very, very sad...

Very sad...
sad.gif

RIP Daron.... Prayers for fast recovery to those injured.

sorry to hear of your loss...RIP...prayers sent for family and friends

(johnnycrash @ Jul. 30 2007,11:47) http://www.sj-r.com/extras/breaking/index.asp#3156

I just found out about this last night but it's just now hitting the news around here.  It was my best friends brother (the one who died), who was also my friend.  I also am an acquaintance of the other couple that were hurt - the rider of the first bike might lose his foot - was going into surgery as of a few hours ago.  

If you read the article you can tell they had absolutely NO chance - lady crossed the center line and just drove head on right into Daron.  It would have been a bad deal even if he was in his Duramax and not on his Harley.

The weird thing is I only talked to him and his fiance a little over a month ago about the dangers of riding.  He knew I had been in a horrible accident so he wanted to know my thoughts on how dangerous street bikes were and stuff like that.  He was an ex-motocross racer like me so he was a good rider - but was worried about riding on the street.  I of course tried to convince him that he would be ok as long as he was careful and that riding was worth the risk.  

Daron leaves behind a nine year old boy.
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Let's see, a biker runs and someone else makes a stupid decision during the pursuit and dies, the biker is charged with murder. This lady, due to her own actions, kills a biker, and all she gets is improper lane usage and no insurance. No murder charge. No manslaugter charge. Without insurance, the families she has damaged have no recourse for collecting from her. Not that anything can replace the person she killed.

Prayers to all of the people and families involved.

2007 model truck and no insurance?... doesn't much matter in the grand scheme of things.. but that is weird.

man everytime I read this kinda stuff I just shrink away from riding on the road a little more. I love it... but it ain't worth any of that.

Back