Lost a friend yesterday

johnnycrash

Donating Member
Registered
http://www.sj-r.com/extras/breaking/index.asp#3156

I just found out about this last night but it's just now hitting the news around here.  It was my best friends brother (the one who died), who was also my friend.  I also am an acquaintance of the other couple that were hurt - the rider of the first bike might lose his foot - was going into surgery as of a few hours ago.  

If you read the article you can tell they had absolutely NO chance - lady crossed the center line and just drove head on right into Daron.  It would have been a bad deal even if he was in his Duramax and not on his Harley.

The weird thing is I only talked to him and his fiance a little over a month ago about the dangers of riding.  He knew I had been in a horrible accident so he wanted to know my thoughts on how dangerous street bikes were and stuff like that.  He was an ex-motocross racer like me so he was a good rider - but was worried about riding on the street.  I of course tried to convince him that he would be ok as long as he was careful and that riding was worth the risk.  

Daron leaves behind a nine year old boy.

My sincerest condolences.
sad.gif

RIP and God speed.

(Rainer3012 @ Jul. 30 2007,13:59)
sad.gif
wow sorry to hear that, I'd be gunning for the idiot woman in the truck
I'm trying as hard as I can to reserve judgement till the investigation is over - but it seems as though this moron was a menace to everyone on the road, not just bikers.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend - you and all others impacted by this tragedy will be in my prayers. What I can't beleive is that the woman driving the truck was ticketed. She should have been arrested and held for manslaughter.

(Investor @ Jul. 30 2007,15:11) Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend - you and all others impacted by this tragedy will be in my prayers.  What I can't beleive is that the woman driving the truck was ticketed.  She should have been arrested and held for manslaughter.
I find that to be troubling also. Did they, at least, take away her license.

This is extremely sad. My condolences to everyone involved.

Also ticketed for NO INSURANCE! My prayers go out to the family and friends of the riders involved.

(Investor @ Jul. 30 2007,14:11) What I can't beleive is that the woman driving the truck was ticketed.  She should have been arrested and held for manslaughter.
That's what we're all thinking.  Carl might lose his foot, his wife might not walk again (shattered femur and knee), and Daron is dead.  I also can't understand how she drove on another 300 or so feet between hitting Carl and hitting Daron.  WTF?

This could happen to any of us whether we were on a Busa, a Harley, or driving a cement truck.  Head on with a full size GMC pickup is hard to win.

One article says Daron skidded 40 feet before hitting the truck that was in his lane.  I keep thinking about his thoughts in those final seconds.

Thanks for all the well wishes and condolences, guys. I'm going to give a link to this thread to Brad, the brother of the deceased. Hopefully all your kind comments can help the family in at least some small way.

My prayers are with you and their family. The driver should deffinetly be charged with vehicular manslaughter. Always a shame.

Very sad and sorry to hear of this tragic news. Like the others, I think that driver should be put UNDER the jail for manslaughter; surgery or not.

Condolences.

Just goes to show you...it only takes a moment...

RIP.

Back