Little story bout a new buza rider.

Jack a$$ like that is the reason insurance rates are ridiculous  
firedevil.gif
+1, i wanna choke the **** outta people like this  
newbie.gif
. I think if hes got the money to throw around like that then he should toss it my way to compensate for the extra i have to pay for f***tards like him. I've about had it with this crap. I'm all for letting a crotch rocket be a crotch rocket but damn! I drive mine around like a granny.

cursin.gif
Comprehensive Insurance is a choice. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. It's the american way. That lad has the same rights as you. After all, it's his money and he can spend it any  way he chooses.

Most people would not make the same choice to buy a big powerful bike as a first ride. But like some have said, it's not impossible to be successful with making the busa a first bike. I have witnessed this in the pass with folks that did not crash.

If however, you think BIG BROTHER should control every aspect of your life, there is a place awaiting your arrival in both Russia & China.

Quit yer Bitchin and be very happy you have choices. More than half the worlds population does not.
bs.gif

Just because your an American doesn't mean you have to be a moron.
However, because you are an american, it means you CAN be a moron if you want! Wake up and smell the coffee, be very proud you have more choices than most of the rest of the world.

But be sure to vote for OBOMA as he stands for "CHANGE"! If he is elected, just maybe his change will force you to pay for the moron's insurance which he could not afford on his own, just like the health care system he intends to empliment upon you?

I can personally attest that a busa is not a good "first" timer bike..Made a bad call to let her "learn" on mine.... This was last saturday.. After 4hrs in the hospital 10 stiches, 2 sprained wrists, 2 sprained ankles, and a awful lot of apologizing.........

THe aftermath....
firedevil.gif
Please elaborate on how the crash happened?
She was going around the block.. Starting stopping numerous time's.. Did really well.. She went to make a right turn.. looked down at the ground.. and it all went bad.. looked up.. panicked, bumped the throttle..and.. u know the rest.. only went into the tree at no more than maybe 10mph...

HI, newbie here.

I live in the UK and cannot believe you guys in the states can just go out and buy any bike without experience. Do you need to have a car license? Over here we have had graduated bike licensing for years. When I first got into bikes in the 70's you could only ride up to a 250cc bike on a learner license (car license or not) and had to pass a test before you were allowed to ride anything bigger. In the 80's the capacity limit for learners dropped to 125cc! Now you have to take a CBT test (prove you can handle the bike around a test course) BEFORE your allowed to ride on the road. Learners are limited now not by size but by horsepower (33bhp) and under 21 years old riders need 2 years experience before they can go bigger.

Freedom is one thing, but thats just dangerous.

Just ordered my first 'busa (brand new, but old stock 06 model) can't wait to get it home.

Roll on summer, Pete

However, because you are an american, it means you CAN be a moron if you want! Wake up and smell the coffee, be very proud you have more choices than most of the rest of the world.

But be sure to vote for OBOMA as he stands for "CHANGE"! If he is elected, just maybe his change will force you to pay for the moron's insurance which he could not afford on his own, just like the health care system he intends to empliment upon you?
Oh lord, here we go....
sad.gif

Make it stop...  
tissue.gif

as far as insurance goes its overprice in general cant blame anybody but the insurance companies
alot of people hate on the guy that can do things them selves cant do its just a part of life
And what exactly do you think determines the insurance rates for sport bikes? Think they just pull them out of thin air? NO! They calcualate them based on historical statistics of how many people crash them and make claims. So ... when some non-riding retard crashes his the day after he gets it it raises all our rates.

Jack a$$ like that is the reason insurance rates are ridiculous  
firedevil.gif
+1, i wanna choke the **** outta people like this  
newbie.gif
. I think if hes got the money to throw around like that then he should toss it my way to compensate for the extra i have to pay for f***tards like him. I've about had it with this crap. I'm all for letting a crotch rocket be a crotch rocket but damn! I drive mine around like a granny.

cursin.gif
Comprehensive Insurance is a choice. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. It's the american way. That lad has the same rights as you. After all, it's his money and he can spend it any  way he chooses.

Most people would not make the same choice to buy a big powerful bike as a first ride. But like some have said, it's not impossible to be successful with making the busa a first bike. I have witnessed this in the pass with folks that did not crash.

If however, you think BIG BROTHER should control every aspect of your life, there is a place awaiting your arrival in both Russia & China.

Quit yer Bitchin and be very happy you have choices. More than half the worlds population does not.
bs.gif

Just because your an American doesn't mean you have to be a moron.
laugh.gif
clap.gif

my first bike was a cbr 600 for 3 years or so. Then i moved up to an R1 for 2 1/2 years Then The busa cam this past September.

Before all the street bike stuff ihad been riding dirtbike since i was 11 or so on a little kx-60 then got a yahama yz250 and sevral four wheelers Yamaha blaster and banshee.

Im not gonna lie i drive the busa light in the Streets hiway im a little throttle heavy at times i wont lie tho...

I still do not understand how people think that buying a 600 sportbike is a better starter bike than a busa. BOTH of the dang bikes or any sportbike for that matter will hurt you just as easy and fast as a busa.

As far as insurance, I have yet to get that bill that says my insurance went up because my neighbor bought a bike and wrecked it..
poke.gif
 I pay under $400 a year for full coverage with $100 deductable. But then again I have a clean record.
+1 Guy would have wrecked if he would have been on a 250.

deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

I still do not understand how people think that buying a 600 sportbike is a better starter bike than a busa. BOTH of the dang bikes or any sportbike for that matter will hurt you just as easy and fast as a busa.

As far as insurance, I have yet to get that bill that says my insurance went up because my neighbor bought a bike and wrecked it..
poke.gif
I pay under $400 a year for full coverage with $100 deductable. But then again I have a clean record.
+1 Guy would have wrecked if he would have been on a 250.

deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
rofl.gif

Busa = the only bike you will ever own? or is that ow3nd by?
laugh.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

poke.gif
+1  Guy would have wrecked if he would have been on a 250.  

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif
rofl.gif

Busa = the only bike you will ever own?     or is that  ow3nd by?    
laugh.gif
Like I've said before, it's my first and only bike. Go ahead and flame away. My point is, the guy sounds like a complete asshat. He would've wrecked a Vingo had he bought that instead.

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

the 06 busa was my first bike .. but then again i rode it in first gear for two weeks up and down the block, and i took it out on the street and highway at 6:00 am mon-friday sat/sun 4:00am this was my routine for about 5weeks
thats how you do it.

busa was my second [really first since first was a harley HA!] and i rode mine slow and easy for a few too.

as far as insurance goes its overprice in general cant blame anybody but the insurance companies
alot of people hate on the guy that can do things them selves cant do its just a part of life
And what exactly do you think determines the insurance rates for sport bikes?  Think they just pull them out of thin air?  NO!  They calcualate them based on historical statistics of how many people crash them and make claims.  So ... when some non-riding retard crashes his the day after he gets it it raises all our rates.
My insurance does not go by what TYPE of bike you ride it goes by CCs only. My insurance also only registers a max cc of 1100. So I would pay the same if it was a Harley, ZX14, or a busa for that matter.

Or that is what was explained toi me by my State Farm agent. That is why they are usually the cheapest insurance around. They don't care what type of bike you are riding only what CC displacement that it is.
ThumbsUp.gif

Actually insurance now uses your credit rating to also figure your insurance. WHY? so they can charge people more $$. People with low credit ratings actually have to pay higher insurance rates which makes no sense to me at all.

HI, newbie here.

I live in the UK and cannot believe you guys in the states can just go out and buy any bike without experience. Do you need to have a car license? Over here we have had graduated bike licensing for years. When I first got into bikes in the 70's you could only ride up to a 250cc bike on a learner license (car license or not) and had to pass a test before you were allowed to ride anything bigger. In the 80's the capacity limit for learners dropped to 125cc! Now you have to take a CBT test (prove you can handle the bike around a test course) BEFORE your allowed to ride on the road. Learners are limited now not by size but by horsepower (33bhp) and under 21 years old riders need 2 years experience before they can go bigger.

Freedom is one thing, but thats just dangerous.

Just ordered my first 'busa (brand new, but old stock 06 model) can't wait to get it home.

Roll on summer, Pete
License? What license? Some people don't even bother to get a motorcycle license. Our Governor of California, ARNOLD SCHWARTZNEGGER, rode motorcycles for more than a decade without a license. Some states require graduated licenses but some states are not as strict as others. All you need to buy a motorcycle in USA is cash or credit. UK and europe laws are more strict.

And what exactly do you think determines the insurance rates for sport bikes? Think they just pull them out of thin air? NO! They calcualate them based on historical statistics of how many people crash them and make claims. So ... when some non-riding retard crashes his the day after he gets it it raises all our rates.
My insurance does not go by what TYPE of bike you ride it goes by CCs only. My insurance also only registers a max cc of 1100. So I would pay the same if it was a Harley, ZX14, or a busa for that matter.

Or that is what was explained toi me by my State Farm agent. That is why they are usually the cheapest insurance around. They don't care what type of bike you are riding only what CC displacement that it is.
ThumbsUp.gif

Actually insurance now uses your credit rating to also figure your insurance. WHY? so they can charge people more $$. People with low credit ratings actually have to pay higher insurance rates which makes no sense to me at all.
wheres those glasses at again?

Sambusa, yea I get your drift but my point is his few moments of stupidity is multiplied by the g forces the bike can generated... yep, he would have crashed his hot wheel, but it would be at a substantially lower rate of speed
smile.gif

The thing that virtually no person who started out on a large bike will every understand or comprehend is the feeling of "mastery" or close to total control of a machine they ride... I have 40 years of riding and I am not even close to that sensation on this bike and I have learned to beat my bikes like a bad step child...

This bike does not permit that ... (well but for a talented few on a racetrack) It is physically to heavy and powerful for that to be taught or learned on...

Anyway as long as someone "Thinks" that this is a beginners bike, this debate will rage on... I personally would like to see some real numbers of "road pizza" that felt the same way...

And the insurance?
SF does not care what kind of bike it is?
rofl.gif
bs.gif

SF does not care what kind of bike it is?  
rofl.gif

bs.gif
That is what I was told and matter of fact, if you want I will scan my insurance policy and show you that they list my bike as a 1100+ and have MY vin number. I told him what I had and showed the agent my title. He then explained to me that they base insurance cost on policyholder driving record, amount of CC's, and value of the bike.

But by all means if it makes you feel better you can call them personally and ask them. But I'm quite sure you know more about what they told me then I do. You WAS there right?  
pillepalle.gif

Bob Palenshus, CLU, LUTCF
2101 South Main Street
PO Box 249
Bellefontaine, OH 43311-1557
Phone: (937) 593-2015
Toll Free: 1-800-411-4548

Back