New rider

Meeting the Busa.
Did that Trump make a wet spot in the pavement?
rock.gif

Always liked those and that is certainly a beaute! Sounds like a good kid and he should be lucky to have someone like you showing him the ropes. Make sure he does a MSF.

<!--EDIT|Shanling
Reason for Edit: "Doh!!"|1156634535 -->

MSF course around here is 250 dollars, My friend Ronnies wife is taking it now. Hopefully Wes can take the course, I wish they would lower the price. I would like to go take it also. I heard it was a really good course even if youve been ridding for a while.

oops double post

<!--EDIT|smokin_gunz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156640123 -->

That is a nice looking bike. But also looks like it would be a back breaker for me. Oh to be young (and thinner) again.

I thought the MSF course was worth it. I took it a couple of years ago. Even if you've been riding for a while it was nice to re-learn the proper techniques. After riding for a while a lot of riders get sloppy.

I took the course years ago and learned alot from it. Especially head positioning. I plan on taking the advanced rider course either this fall or in the spring. I would not think about the money it costs rather, I would think about what it could potentially save. You may not be able to put a dollar value on that.

There is nothing wrong with that Triumph for a first bike. It's the mind set, not the bike that makes the difference. I have started people out on a busa as a first bike and they did fine. But then I coached one of my long time harley friends into a busa and he tipped it over at a stop sign the second time he rode it. Couldn't seem to get his size 14 foot off the peg when he stopped and just fell over. Funny as hell except for the scratches
biggrin.gif

Just give him some guidance so he don't develope bad habits and keep him slow for a while. He'll be fine if he has good sense. If he's not smart about it, there is nothing you can do except buy him really good gear.

Good Luck and Enjoy the ride.

He sounds like a level headed kid, if he listens to you he should be fine.

When I started looking into Sportbikes a few months ago, it came down to the Busa and the 955i. I weighed all the pros and cons of both bikes (my personal pros & cons) and went with the Busa. I am extremely satisfied with my decision.

I hope Wes is as satisfied with his decision and has a lifetime of great and safe riding ahead.

Nice bike, although your Busa puts it to shame in the looks department! I'd like to ride a Triumph someday. They look interesting, although if I was looking for something in that category it would definitely be the GSXR-750 or 1K; light and increditably fast.

I see you opt'ed for the blue and silver (fastest) Busa. I have one just like it.
cool.gif

Thanks for the replys guys. We rode some today and he is getting a little more comfortable with it. Ronnie rode behind him and I in front, kept it kinda slow, really slow for the Busa, but about right for someone just learning and he did great. I am Halie and Wes to Road Atlanta on Saturday to watch the bike race.

I have always liked the Blue Suzukis, Great looking bikes.

That's a good looking bike. I have a daughter and I can appreciate where Shawn is coming from... first bike, inexperienced rider with a bunch of power under him. And then add a daughter to the passenger seat.
rock.gif

But it sounds like you know and respect this boy's decisions. And it sounds as thought you're close to him.

Good luck to him!
biggrin.gif

Back