Little story bout a new buza rider.

mikev7

Registered
Ahem,, and i quote!!!

"Buddy of mine calls Friday night, he decided that he wanted a brand new 08 Busa, so he went and bought one. He has never ridden a bike in his life, not even a dirt bike. I told him he was a f*****n retard and he was going to hurt himself on a bike that big with no experience. I also told him 2 bring it back and let me find him a used bike thats a good learning bike, but he refused...Anyways, long story short......Today is Monday and the brand new 2008 Busa is now totaled out. He ran off the road into a ditch and the bike started flipping like a gymnast. Luckily he isnt hurt, just a few bruises here and there.....But guess what......He's dumb azz is going buy him another one...I'm trying to get him to bring the bike over here to the house so i can look at it some more. He says its totaled, but i dont believe it is. I jus wanna see the damage up close and look into how much it would be to fix...."

I couldnt stop laughing is all i have to say.

You can lead a horse to water . . . Glad to hear he was okay though.

firedevil.gif
guns.gif

Tell him to get his priorities in line.
He should ride in hospital parking lots, close to an ER.
He needs to make sure he has an up to date will.
Pick a casket and burial plot.

Sorry if this sounds cold. More sad than anything.
You can go into any motorcycle shop on any given day and watch them come in and over buy their riding skills and experience.
Some survive others don't.
Hide and watch........graduated license will come here some day.........
Sad and I hate to see it.
Some legislator will push laws to require experience before you can go to the top of the super bike class.

i just hope he doesn't hurt anyone else on his way out

Geez.... that is pretty common down here though.

the few times I've been on rocketmadness it just seems like a breeding ground for squids.

Tell him to get his priorities in line.
He should ride in hospital parking lots, close to an ER.
He needs to make sure he has an up to date will.
Pick a casket and burial plot.

Sorry if this sounds cold. More sad than anything.
You can go into any motorcycle shop on any given day and watch them come in and over buy their riding skills and experience.
Some survive others don't.
Hide and watch........graduated license will come here some day.........
Sad and I hate to see it.
Some legislator will push laws to require experience before you can go to the top of the super bike class.
Glad your friend is ok... probably still just as stupid but in one piece...

well I have no idea how you guys deal with this on a day to day level... props! I agree a graduated license is on the horizon (already done in a few world wide locales as i recall?)

I would really love to see a report on the first year of every guy that bought one of these as a first bike.. Just the ones I know for sure about have about a 50 crash rate.. I would not be surprised if it was not higher..

"respect the power" just cracks me up.. you really do not get enough time for respect when 2 or 3 seconds on the throttle puts you in to fatality mode..

Need some kind of special poker to pop a hole in the "ego" of these new riders..

Hey Hey, the Suzuki parts man has to feed his children too. HAHA This new generation of kids wants the biggest and the baddest without paying their dues. I want to learn how to fly a plane. Will some one let me borrow their boeing 747 or their F16 fighter jet. I'll return it with a full tank of jet fuel, I promise.
firedevil.gif

can we say dumb ass. my 03 was my 1st bike she still sleeps next my 08
cool.gif
. i did the msf and did dirt before i got my 08 in oct she is still stupid fast. not a good first bike even after ridding for 5years with 40k in my belt bad call

"respect the power" just cracks me up..  you really do not get enough time for respect when 2 or 3 seconds on the throttle puts you in to fatality mode..  
While I agree you don't get enough time with the power.

It should be "Respect the bike..." Have respect for the potential of the bike with the power it can deliver and you might just live to ride more than once. My brother was trying to convince me to let him try my Busa with only one year of motorcycle experience on a 550cc cruiser. He said "You rode a Busa for the first time at some point." True, but I did it after 14 years of riding motorcycles, not one year.

I guess you can't to stupid out of the gene pool with out a lot of chlorine.

I can personally attest that a busa is not a good "first" timer bike..Made a bad call to let her "learn" on mine.... This was last saturday.. After 4hrs in the hospital 10 stiches, 2 sprained wrists, 2 sprained ankles, and a awful lot of apologizing.........

THe aftermath....
firedevil.gif

post_49_00890_kelly.jpg

the 06 busa was my first bike .. but then again i rode it in first gear for two weeks up and down the block, and i took it out on the street and highway at 6:00 am mon-friday sat/sun 4:00am this was my routine for about 5weeks

BUSA was my 1st but like FORESURE84 said i didnt go past 40mph for over a month and i rode for hours everyday to get used to the weight and power but i still droped it when i saw a turn way to late lucky for me the bike got a lil scuff and i got a few scrapes and bruises and chip my 500 SUOMY!
but you gotta respect that thing or itll hurt you

Why don't you just go over there and snap a few pics, then post them up on here and show your friend the replies he will get!

Back