list of most useless and costly mistakes on purchases for your busa.

Autocom total waste of money.

curiour comment on AutoCOM. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone that didn't think it worked well and was very reliable. Once it is wired into the bike it pretty much works like OEM. My problem with it is they wouldn't improve it like adding Bluetooth bike to bike, headsets, etc.

I paid for a tinted chain. Not necessarily a bad idea, but when the colors don't match like you think they will.... Next time I'll go with chrome instead of blue.

So sounds like people are anti-pcV autotune... Im in the market for one... PM me...

Worst thing purchased.... chrome windshield that melted my gauges....

So sounds like people are anti-pcV autotune... Im in the market for one... PM me...

Worst thing purchased.... chrome windshield that melted my gauges....

Dang. The reflection from the chrome did that? You live on the equator?

Nope and i think it was refracting through the windshield and causing a "magnifying glass burning an ant" effect right on my gauge cluster...

depends on the year of bike....On the gen 1 i wasted tons of money over the years depending on my age:) When young and dumb alot of stupid pretty mods that were a complete waste. Then on another busa i went clear the other direction did all performance mods to the gills and never road it.....on gen 2 hot bodies mega was a complete waste.

Me either, I may have just been the one guy that got a turd. The guy I bought it from was out of state and taking the bike there was inconvenient at best so it ended up being a huge pain throwing good money after bad. Upgrade this, upgrade that kind of thing.

Luggage is my only real regret. I spend hundreds on soft bags before I just said screw it and went with the Givi setup. Much happier now.

I got the gold anodized ASV shorty levers. Love'm. I liked the look of the anodized gold so i started to buy anodized gold anything. Problem is every piece is a different gold color. Apparently every manufacturer has a different idea of what "gold" is.

Crampbuster. A momentary lapse in judgement (not turning it out of the way after getting off the highway) cost me a messed up shoulder and almost 5K worth of repairs which insurance paid for. Shoutout to State Farm!

Although I love the look of chrome, I have to say it's a very bad investment. You will never get back what you put into it, it raises insurance (if insurance is willing to cover it), you are always worrying about getting your bike stolen and you have to increase your cleaning to keep it nice. If you decide to chrome out your bike don't chrome out safety related parts. Example, chrome break calipers almost always leak and can be dangerous.

Although I love the look of chrome, I have to say it's a very bad investment. You will never get back what you put into it, it raises insurance (if insurance is willing to cover it), you are always worrying about getting your bike stolen and you have to increase your cleaning to keep it nice. If you decide to chrome out your bike don't chrome out safety related parts. Example, chrome break calipers almost always leak and can be dangerous.

Same with powder coating, in your opinion?

I personally, am not a fan of chromed out bikes, but to each is own. I respect all modded bikes, whether its my style or not. Sounds like ur saying not to make ur bike unique because then it is a target for thieves?! Shoulda bought a scooter bro. I bought my Bus for its reputation, performance, and badassesness!
Never worry about investment on a toy. Ever. If u wanted an investment, u should be looking at Nortons, or old Shelbys.
I do agree about buying subquality parts that may fail. Spend the money and enjoy it.
Troy

I personally, am not a fan of chromed out bikes, but to each is own. I respect all modded bikes, whether its my style or not. Sounds like ur saying not to make ur bike unique because then it is a target for thieves?! Shoulda bought a scooter bro. I bought my Bus for its reputation, performance, and badassesness!
Never worry about investment on a toy. Ever. If u wanted an investment, u should be looking at Nortons, or old Shelbys.
I do agree about buying subquality parts that may fail. Spend the money and enjoy it.
Troy

I agree with you 100%. If you chrome your bike, do it for yourself and enjoy it. However there is a misconception that chroming your bike adds value to it. Not everyone understands this until you end up having to selling your $20k Hayabusa for $10k or less or you crash your $30k bike and the insurance company cuts you a check for $8k fair market value. That is the point I am trying to make. It can be a costly mistake if you try to justify the cost by repeating the old phrase "It's ok. I can always make the money back when I sell it."

Sounds like ur saying not to make ur bike unique because then it is a target for thieves?!

Never said that. I was just listing some cons. I think the idea of making your bike unique is one of the things all Hayabusa.org members have in common. That's why we spend time on this forum.

JPunisher

Same with powder coating, in your opinion?

I don't have experience with powder coating but I guess the issue may be the same. I have friends that have gone down the road of chroming their OEM calipers. The issue is that the chrome adds extra material to the caliper and they don't seal very well and start to leak. It may require sanding and reinstalling multiple times. Sometimes you notice the leak and sometimes you don't (until you see an empty reservoir). It's a pain and in my opinion not very safe. I think there are some old threads on this site discussing issues with chroming or powder coating calipers. I'd try a quick search.

Back