Let's see... How long is your daily commute?

Slowstang305

Registered
Let's make this interesting... So those of us that go to work in the mornings lets see how everyone's commute is. Mine is 14 miles one way from home and takes 45-48 minutes in Miami.

Distance:14 miles
Time to complete: 45-48 minutes
Type of roads: Speed limit variation from 30-60MPH

46 miles each way, about an hour at average speeds. I can do it in 30 minutes if I mash the loud pedal during the first 25 miles, no lights and few cops or traffic in that section. Rural area at first, transitioning to suburban, and finally urban for the last few miles.

Only 10km takes a bit over 10 minutes at 4.00 to 4.30 am in the morning to get to work rain hail shine not on my busa but on the KLR going home is bit longer more traffic at 5.00 pm about 15 minutes with careful lane splitting :thumbsup:

I leave home at 6.45am, cruise at 110kmh all the way to work, takes 35 mins. It's 42km each way. Well worth it to live out of the city.
A couple of years ago I worked at the garage in the same small town I live in, took me 3 minutes to get to work. Had 1 hour for lunch, went home each day, have a shower, put some shorts on and watch half a movie and pretend I'd finished work for the day lol. Then go back and do the last 4 hours . . . easy!

My commute is about 20-22 miles and takes me about an hour.
I could make it in 25 mile with no traffic but that rarely happens.

98B45794-F936-4711-B0E4-515636965303.jpeg

7FCB2DF8-82AF-4263-8C6A-D55949AC8900.jpeg

I live 3 miles from work, and it takes about 5-6 minutes.
I take my daughter to school too, which is great, and on the way. I drop her off and go another quarter mile down the road.
I did 30 miles/45 minutes one way for years, and don't miss it!
I've got it made now, and thank God for it.

My drive is 50 miles each way. It takes me roughly 50 to 60 minutes depending on traffic. I hate driving so far but my company moved it's corp headquarters roughly twice the distance it used to be for me. So i kind of got screwed in the process.

6.5 miles and takes me less that 15mins through local streets, if the lights are cooperating with me at 6:00AM.

Same as sixpack577. 3 miles, 5-6 minutes depending on lights. Unless there's ice or heavy snow, I'm on this...View attachment 1594370

...only I have no traffic lights:poke:
unless I go the other way, through town, same distance, but 6-10 lights depending on which street I take.
I love living and working in a small town.
I live literally right on the edge of town limits, but wish I lived in the county, as I can't legally burn leaves, or shoot guns(even though I have a safe place for it)...I have to drive 6-8 miles to somewhere I can do that, lol.

Let's see, it takes me 3 seconds to walk from the bedroom to the kitchen and about 1 second from the kitchen to the living room...so my commute is 4 seconds give or take the traffic in the bathroom (I have 2 so if I have to use the second bathroom, add 3 seconds to that).:cool:

Back