Your Best MPM

bpjones

Registered
With the Busa I don't think MPG....I think MPM - that's Miles Per Minute!

and my best MPM is: Speedohealer corrected 3.1 miles in 60 seconds.

Before the Safety Police get all worked up just let me say this is
Open, Desolate early morning Interstate in Northern New Hampshire.
Been commuting this strech for 10+ years...might see 1 car in 30 miles!

Was tempted to drop this into the "Best MPG" post.....:firedevil:

So what's your best MPM?

With the Busa I don't think MPG....I think MPM - that's Miles Per Minute!

and my best MPM is: Speedohealer corrected 3.1 miles in 60 seconds.

Before the Safety Police get all worked up just let me say this is
Open, Desolate early morning Interstate in Northern New Hampshire.
Been commuting this strech for 10+ years...might see 1 car in 30 miles!

Was tempted to drop this into the "Best MPG" post.....:firedevil:

So what's your best MPM?

faster than that...slightly...but faster. :poke: :rofl:

Somebody passed this to me..:whistle:

2.09.10 route.JPG

If my off the cuff math is correct, the speed would be 180 and change.???

and that's absolutely correct sir...

and holding @ 192mph's?...(which coincidently is my lowly gen1 Oren Ishii's top speed)..one covers..exactly..

3.2 miles per minute.

which is still plenty time enough to see far enough up ahead to spy any potential road kill surrounded by a flock of large buzzards...who in turn will go on auto-launch as the 1st bike passes by..leaving the remaining riders to duck and dodge their way through the low fly'in...slow try'in...regurgitating buzzard and their associated drop vomit as they dump to launch.

and you still have plenty of time to react...and crushing the front brakes is step #1...unless of course you're running front of the pack..there?....the rules change...which more often than not?.. TURNS INTO more of a...well?..sorta like a...

"RACE YA TOO THE BUZZARDS!!!"

every man for himself kinda thing. :poke: :rofl:

Disclaimer: I live on the southeast coast of floriduh...but 30 minutes NW of my house?..there's a stretch of long straight flat road 38 miles in length going through some low lying overgrown cowfield wetlands..with not so much as a cattle gate (let alone a driveway, sidestreet or home) between one end and the other...and that's where i let Oren stretch her legs..that special place any man with a busa should have, know and love..as at speed?...any speed?..the mighty busa is as stable as the disney monorail...mine is. :laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I'm with ya Jinkster,
A man's gotta have a strech of pavement to let the Busa do it's thing!

Did cover the same strech at 3.1 MPM at 186mph on the speedohealer memory before I went to a 41 in the rear of the 99 Copper.
This strech of 3.1 miles in 60 seconds up here in the mountains is all I got before I run out of high velocity pavement and the road bends up or down and I gotta back off to double digits.

I'm with ya Jinkster,
A man's gotta have a strech of pavement to let the Busa do it's thing!

Did cover the same strech at 3.1 MPM at 186mph on the speedohealer memory before I went to a 41 in the rear of the 99 Copper.
This strech of 3.1 miles in 60 seconds up here in the mountains is all I got before I run out of high velocity pavement and the road bends up or down and I gotta back off to double digits.

yep...what was comical to me was realizing the first few times i loaded up the 3 different bikes i've owned over the same timespan went to ride the mountains (a decade ago) and actually got to meet and ride with OA net buds who lived on/or near the mountainous regions i traveled to?...

they hafta travel long and far to hunt down curveless flat roads (justa make any sort of high speed run) much like i hafta hunt curves and elevation changes down this way..but i feel blessed that i get seasonable riding weather all year round..so i'm happy to hunt the few lame curves here and there..at least i ain't stuck mothballing my bike in the basement i don't have for 1/3rd or 1/2 of every year..i get to ride everyday..and the older i get?...the more important that aspect becomes..he11..i ride to work everyday (including a quick jaunt home for lunch) but haven't done any extra-curricular weekend fun rides for what feels like the past two months or so just over the abnormal cold temps we've experienced here in sunny south florida this past winter that hasn't past yet and?..

i'm jones'in just over that! :laugh:

the winter is usually what i call "My Riding Season" as it's not so hot that doning leather is torturously well?..."TOO HOT"...i don't mind 45degs in the mornings provided of course it warms up by brunchtime but any colder than that?..and it's just not pleasurable..i'll make the 10 minute run to work back and forth but..any colder than that and my "Joy Riding" is snuffed.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Jinkster ... Buzzards...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
One time my buddy and i rounded a curve at max RPM.... and heres this giant Owl in the road.. buddy was in front..it spooked and flew up towards my face..... i think i almost dented the tank with my helmet.
Thing looked like it had a 6 foot wingspan....I still can see it in memory..vividly
Never recorded MPM though....except 57 miles in 57 minutes.....in a downpour, thunder and lightning, wind...google it Yerington NV to Gardnerville NV.....hydroplaned @ 80 plus for 50+ feet. 88 GSXR 1100.

Last edited:
Back