MPG'S Believe it or not..

64 is unreal, if you use the GPS you still got 62. I have not checked my Gen II. I doubt I'm getting 50. But what the heck, I bought the Busa for something else :laugh:

I'm sitting here with my calculator now..... Bike odo said 772 miles with one tooth down in front=optomistic....but the true story is i used 11.35 gallons.....even that showed 63.61 mpg. and the gps readout said 713....11.35 gallons=62.81...and like i said the Gps might lose the signal here and there for a abit so i added 23 miles to the gps readout..made it 735 miles GPS.
735 divided by 11.35= 64.75 mpg's....Now lets say the GPs never skipped... using the 713 miles as the true miles.
divided by 11.35= 62.81....I DID get over 60+. My map is almost perfect...had it dyno'd a few years ago and the tech said very slightly rich at my 5000 foot elevation. To which it made 146.7 Hp to the wheel on a hot hot day in Reno 5000' elevation. I bought the Muzzy and the PCII from a guy in Ohio,who had it tuned there...he said it made 167.8 at his altitude.
Also i said thinner air here causes LESS wind resistance..equals less throttle at cruising speed. Whats not to believe.
I will do this again..and i'll post the numbers and you can do the math...Have a nice day !

Whats not to believe...

64 mpg ???

There are hundreds of Hayabusa experts on this site, plenty of people running at high altitude, yadda yadda yadda. This is an unprecedented claim. You must admit that this could be hard for some to believe.

At 64 mpg, the low fuel light would come on at about 282 miles, with an outside range pushed to 352 miles. Was this your experience?

all i know is that i gotta be looking for a fuel stop at around 180 miles or im gonna be pushing it. thats all there is too it. on a plus side it is the fastest color, so maybe that is why she drinks the koolade.:laugh:

One time i worried about gas mileage... then i remembered i have a machine that does 0-60 in a couples seconds... and have you heard a hayabusa shifting from 1st to second @90 mph??? Going into to turns @6k.. mpg...rofl..

They must've done away with the MPG readout on the Gen II's,or at least on my 2011 'cause i sure can't find it.:laugh:
Nope gen2's don't have it :laugh: only gen1's. I've adjusted my 04 with a speedohealer and gps to account for the stock speedo error and my 16/42 gearing. On an average mixed ride my readout shows 43-45 on summer blend fuel......much less on winter blend ethanol :banghead: and much less riding hard and long lol. I'm also running a full exhaust with filter and pc. I've compared and the readout is suprisingly close actually......better than stock now that I've adjusted with the healer.
I forgot to add I'm also riding at 5000ft and up.

If 99% of your riding was at highway speeds with almost no stops except for gas I could believe 64 MPG :thumbsup:

Thnx.... I was very conservative with the throttle on this trip....5 over in NV in a 55 zone...straight desert highway..Then in the dark going over sonora Pass.....30 to 45 speed [Deer].....Ps i have TRE :laugh:

64 mpg ???

There are hundreds of Hayabusa experts on this site, plenty of people running at high altitude, yadda yadda yadda. This is an unprecedented claim. You must admit that this could be hard for some to believe.

At 64 mpg, the low fuel light would come on at about 282 miles, with an outside range pushed to 352 miles. Was this your experience?

Agreed..hard to believe for many... i was riding way out in the boonies so my gas stops and route did not let me go more than say 180 miles at the most

64 is unreal, if you use the GPS you still got 62. I have not checked my Gen II. I doubt I'm getting 50. But what the heck, I bought the Busa for something else :laugh:
I too DID Not buy it for good mpg's...it just became a side benefit to my particular bike. On this trip i was very conservative with the throttle..
Just a big handful here and there....Ps never had a speeding ticket EVER...sport bikes since 1973..prolly should not have written what i just did
:laugh: Ps it has aTRE too :lol:

Did you fill up 6 times for 772/713 miles? Getting 60 mpg you wouldn't have to fuel up but once or twice, right? Could you have made a mistake somewhere or not flipped the reset? Not calling you a liar, and stranger things happen than 60 mgp on a 160 hp machine. Elevation has alot to do with fuel efficiency as well.

My experience is right at 42 or 43 mpg according to the guage with highway riding (closer to 40 mpg actual math with gps). My 02 is no gas saver, tho. I'm pushing it to do 185 miles a tank. I'm one down on the rear sprocket so the actual and gps is within just a few miles per tank.

Did you fill up 6 times for 772/713 miles? Getting 60 mpg you wouldn't have to fuel up but once or twice, right? Could you have made a mistake somewhere or not flipped the reset? Not calling you a liar, and stranger things happen than 60 mgp on a 160 hp machine. Elevation has alot to do with fuel efficiency as well.

These are my thoughts exactly.

I could maybe buy 60 mpg, at 5000 feet, for a short run, downhill, with a tailwind. Even though elevation plays a part, it's pretty tough to go almost 800 miles and stay at 5000 feet, and not do any stop and go, and never go up any long grades, etc.

The other consideration here is that the claim is for 64 mpg AVERAGE over 700+ miles. We all know that average means there are times where you get a little more and times when you get a little less. In my own experience, I've reached as high as 50 with a few lows of 40-42 for the overall 2000 mile average of 47. To average 64 means the peak would have to be maybe as high as 67 or so.

I would be very interested to see the mileage broken down by fill-up... what was the mileage for each leg of the trip?

EDIT: Actually, I would be very interested to see the data on just one fill-up. For any given leg of the trip, what were the gallons used and miles ridden?

Back