Believe it or not!!

dwnhllthng

Registered
Well my last post on the subject is long since expired, I was having the same problem as Big O was having....so I thought. Just for a little recap, my bike would run great most of the time but sometimes it would just have a powerloss/cutoff at 6k, 9k, rpm's....Big O fixed the same problem with replacing the wiring harness. Well My local dealer put it on the dyno and did a few diagnostics and your never going to believe what they found was causing the problem.....the person that had had the bike before I had put an alarm system on it...well the proximity/motion sensor had a short in it and was causing the bike to shut down randomly with bad vibrations. SO basically whenever the bike started to shake or vibrate severally like it will at high rpm's the wiring on teh alarm system would shut the bike down....crazy...

Whaddya know...

Glad you (they) found the problem! I'm sure it was getting frustrating!

lurk.gif
good deal
super.gif
It is your bike, right
rock.gif

good deal It is your bike, right [/Quote] Uhhhhh....whats the question again?
wink.gif

Haha, yea its my bike. I lost the remote to it and hadnt used the alarm since the first week I bought the bike....heck, I only used the alarm then to pick on my buddies that came drooling over at my bike and if they got too close "whoop whoop, you are too close to the Busa....go back to your meezly little R1" Haha, it made for fun for the first week...little did I know it was causing my Busa to have powerloss and shut down. SPeaking of which I had a Dyno read out while it was on teh dyno. 164.75 HP, is this good for a stock Hayabusa with Yoshi slip ons that is a 2002?

Can you say unbelievable, friendly dyno. Glad you got it fixed dude. You know the R1 dudes have your remote
wow.gif

I pulled all the extra crap off the bike that I could once I started riding it hard and experienced the consequences of engine "disablement". Lots of the seemingly innocuous sensors on the bike will disable your ECM/engine if they fail.
Some examples from my '00 of sensors that I didn't really care about, but caused problems were:
- A Kickstand position sensor short (or break) will kill the engine.
- Loss of Fuel level sensor (short or break) will cause F1 and put bike in low performance mode.
The list goes on....look in the manual at all the sensors connected to your ECM, as well as the trouble shooting guide which points back to sensor failure as the possible source of ECM faults.

I suggest, pulling all the sensors you don't care about off the bike and replace them with the appropriate sized resistors.... Being sure to comply with all DMV regs of course.
biggrin.gif

In a roundabout way, that IS a wiring harness issue!
poke.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Man, I am super excited. I think the bike gained an unreal amount of power as well. I clutched it up with ease today at 65mph on interestate. I never did feel comfortable doing that but had seen people do it before with the Busa....but today, same as I used to try it came up on me, it felt good.

Back