Check your air filter and plugs!

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
Did a spark plug change and air filter change this weekend and man did it need it. I did not realize how much crap the Hayabusa picks up on the interstate during my 120 mile round trip commute. She is running smoother than ever now, of course that is probably just in my head. My bike is right about 17K miles and the filter was black, not dark brow with some white, black.

Anyway, check your air filter and plugs.

Easy for me to check my air filter. Bad news it gets dirty ten times faster than yours.

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Just checked mine at 3500 miles and blew the bugs out that manage to work there waythrough the screens. Every oil change check your air filter and clean it. Fuel injection relys on a clean air filter if not then your tuning is out of whack

They looked fine, probably did not even need a change, but I was in there anyway so decided to do it. I replaced the stock Denso with some NGK's.

spark plugs? Do we have em in these busas? Geeze such old school I swear:banghead:
I jusy wish we could get up to speed and elimnate spark plugs all together.
I may check mine at 10K and replace em with Irdium so I dont have to fool with em.

Someone else posted up about their air filter last month. At 20K I had forgotten all about it. It had the black along the edges and in the corners put the rest didn't look that bad. Replaced the plugs around 14K. Probably get another set in around 28K.

Back