Happiness is . . .

sageronin

Donating Member
Registered
Left home at 6:30 am this morning headed for a bike ride with my good friends Tom and Rudy. The jump-off point is 2 hours away. It's early and I'm happily rolling along and don't realize how fast I'm going ( triple digits ) until I see how fast I'm overtaking a state trooper. I slow down, but he has seen me and then he tried the 'take exit, then come back on the highway' okie doke to nab me, hmmm not today ... I keep my speed down and he nabs an unlucky Nissan SUV instead ... whew!

I stopped at a rest stop about an hour later and talked with some bikers headed to Myrtle Beach Fall Bike Week. Cool folks to talk to included a Busa owner, whom I invited to join h.org.
Met up with the guys at 8:30 and we take off on our journey.

Tom picked an absolutely perfect route for the VA Fall Ride. A nice mix of 4 lane higways, 2 lane country roads, some twisties, and beautiful scenery, with minimum LEO presense. A heavenly ride ... I am still smiling:)

October 9th ... everybody is going to love this ride !!

Here's a summary of the trip notes:

Depart Fredericksburg Holiday Inn ( Hwy 17 )at 8:50 am
Travel 36 miles
Arrive Warrenton Center Mall ( Hwy 17 and 211 ) at 9:30 am
Rest 10 minutes
Depart Warrenton Center Mall at 9:40 am
Travel 47 miles
Arrive Luray Walmart ( Hwy 211 and 340 )at 10:30 am
Rest 20 minutes
Depart Luray Walmart at 10:50 am
Travel 48 miles
Arrive Elkton McDonalds ( hwy 33 and 340 ) at 11:45 am
Rest and eat lunch for 50 minutes
Depart Elkton McDonalds at 12:35 pm
Travel for 34 miles
Arrive Gordonsville Amoco ( hwy 33 and 15 ) at 1:10 pm
Rest for 30 minutes
Depart Gordonsvile Amoco at 1:40 pm
Travel for 40 miles
Arrive Fredericksburg Holiday Inn ( hwy 17 ) at 2:40 pm

Here's the Dale City rest stop:

dalecity2.JPG

Those sweet twisties through the mountains really helped me to work on those chicken strips!!

Hope to see you all on the 9th of October ... you will not be disappointed. Big ups to Tom for picking this awesome route for us!!

chicken3.JPG

Glad to see that you guys had a good run...My girlfriend and I will be with you on the 9th of Oct. Sorry to hear about the babysitter 04BusaVa I saw a couple of post from you while at work and hoped it was nothing major which cause you not be able to make it. Glad to here everything is OK.

Sage....nice pics bro....damn babysitter
sad.gif

You can definitely count me in on the 9th. I have also pinged my coworkers that might tag along...one is a connie and the other is a meanstreak.

Glad to see that you guys had a good run...My girlfriend and I will be with you on the 9th of Oct. Sorry to hear about the babysitter 04BusaVa I saw a couple of post from you while at work and hoped it was nothing major which cause you not be able to make it. Glad to here everything is OK.
The only problem was an unreliable 18 year old. The situation has been corrected for the 9th......

The grandparents
egitarre77.gif
and they got me covered.....

BTW 04BusaVA - My work schedule is (At the moment) slowing down. If you and your wife want and/or you get the time. We have some good afterwork routes we hit in the evenings. So if you or the both of you feels like riding hit me/us up.

BTW 04BusaVA - My work schedule is (At the moment) slowing down. If you and your wife want and/or you get the time. We have some good afterwork routes we hit in the evenings. So if you or the both of you feels like riding hit me/us up.
Sounds like a plan...I will be solo though. It is hard getting the wife 2 up....She wants here OWN. Just let me know whats good for you.

you've got PM

Sounds like fun sage. Glad you had a good time and arrived home in one piece.

Brian

Sounds like a great ride, Sage.  You really should invest in some gear, if you don't mind me saying.   Bye!
wink.gif
Ouch ... I do ride with full gear! Alpinestar riding boots, Draggin jeans, Joe Rocket gloves, AGV Hayabusa leather jacket, Shoei full face helmet ... I strongly believe in wearing the proper gear. Riding the Busa or any bike ain't no joke and it is a smart thing to protect yourself just in case!! Shucks man ... I have a closet full of gear and I use it.

Oh ... I'm behind the camera, so maybe you're thinking that one of my riding partners isn't properly attired
smile.gif

Looks like a great ride! Hopefully one day I can get there and ride with you guys!

Back