Last Zuk I will Own

Zjoker

Registered
Well I just got some bad news from Suzuki on my recall. Because I am assign to an air base in Germany Suzuki refuses to do anything about the recall. Just to give you guys in the military heads up. Suzuki will not honor anything taken out of the US. This is the last Suzuki I will ever own.

That's really wrong .... Is there a Suzuki dealer there who can follow the service bulletin and make the repairs if needed?

I don't think you can blame Suzuki. If they have a recall on units sent to the US I don't think it's unreasonable to require the recall to be accomplished by any dealer in the US.

Before you make such a hasty decision I would check the other three (Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki) to see if they have the same requirements. I'd bet they do?

I think you can blame Suzuki ... what, the Suzuki mechanics in Europe can't take apart the bike and make repairs?

In my opinion, it's simply a matter of customer relations, and I'd bet our servicemen and servicewomen make up a decent percentage of purchasers. I'd send a letter to American Suzuki in California explaining your situation, and asking for their help.

I think you can blame Suzuki ... what, the Suzuki mechanics in Europe can't take apart the bike and make repairs?

In my opinion, it's simply a matter of customer relations, and I'd bet our servicemen and servicewomen make up a decent percentage of purchasers.  I'd send a letter to American Suzuki in California explaining your situation, and asking for their help.
exactly

I may really make myself sound like an idiot here, but wasn't the bike BUILT outside of the USA??

Having been a Navy Wife for 12 years I can tell you that our servicemen and women are a large customer base in the sport bike industry. Drive by any parking lot on a Naval Base and it can look like a bike dealer.

In my opinion, it's simply a matter of customer relations, and I'd bet our servicemen and servicewomen make up a decent percentage of purchasers.  I'd send a letter to American Suzuki in California explaining your situation, and asking for their help.
DEFINATELY!

Honestly there is nothing to the recall on this bike. Contact the dealership that you purchased the bike from and have them to just send the kit to the dealer near you in Germany and have them install it. Sounds to me that the dealership just doesn't want to do it more than Suzuki as a whole.

That's not just Suzuki, try doing that with any vehicle maker and it'll be the same story.

Did you get that information from Suzuki, or the dealer? If your VIN is listed Suzuki wants it fixed ASAP! That's why they halted sales until they knew the extent of the improplerly wired bikes. Talk to Suzuki America before you go trashing the manfacture.

Lol, I realise you're annoyed, but it's absurd to claim you will never own another suzuki because of a recall issue. Good bikes are good bikes, end of story. If you want to step down to a ZX-14 then be my guest, but Suzuki doesn't care, and neither does anyone else--you'll just be missing out on some good bikes.

A grudge is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die...

If I recall correctly; there's an American Specs Sportbike dealer just outside the gates of the Kaiserslautern Exchange area. I bought a Kaw ZZr1200 there in 05. I think there were Suzuki's in there then too. Perhaps they could help you out.
Just my .02

you sir are a whinny turd that needs to do some foot work to get this taken care of instead of crying first. im possitive that if you contacted suzuki they would feel your plite and find a local dealer to take care of it. try working it out before you cry on every busa/suzuki board you can find.. ive read this same post more than once today

My money says he's an FJR owner lookin to spread the joy over how last years problem with the ECU's worked out or,....he's a kawa rep.
either way, dude....do some leg work as. the help is there if you man up and, lose the tear fest and, concentrate on getting your **** five by five whatever it takes....remember??

As stated in a previous post , SUZUKI wants this recall fixed more then you do. It is a LIABILITY issue to them , its just a inconvenience to you. Something isnt right about your story ... SUZUKI will do whatever it takes to fix this problem , if not it could end up in a multi million dollar law suit if it ends up injuring the rider.

For all the BIT** with the name calling leave the womb someday and fall all others I was just wanted to pass on info. I did talked with Zuks customer service manager. He clearly said they support NOTHING outside US. Yes the Zuk dealer I purchased it from will do the work . I wanted it entered into the US Zuk dealer in case of any future problems. I plan on coming back to the US next year. It is a customer service thing.

Back