dear zuk

jch364

Registered
As Im sitting here in my bark o lounger typing this and listening to some awesome Breaking Benjamin I cant help but think of my 06 busa sitting in the garage now closing in on ten years old with 55 thousand well earned miles. As much as I love this bike and have had some really good times with it I must admit I am sorely disappointed in Suzuki. They have been left in the dust by just about everyone. I wonder when I can count on a new g3 busa to come out and smack a beotch on the ninja. But year after year while others are innovating zuk is giving us new colors... booooooooo. I dont want to revolt but my patiaence is running thin. :banghead: Suzuki, this is for you.:moon:
p.s. Breaking Benjamin is the best ever:rulez::beerchug::banana::super::guitar:

I think the 1000 will be changed first. they make far more money in that market then the smaller Busa market. unless slozuki comes out with forced induction I jus don't see them competing with the H2. and wat happens wen the 14 comes out with a blower?

dont know if they will do that on the 14. man if they do then well it might mean i have to cover my tattoo up...lol it is just frustrating but oh well

Looking at the big picture Suzuki may finally be emerging from the darkness. VW was just ordered to sell its 19.9% holding in Suzuki after that whole fiasco has festered for nearly 4 years now. Might not mean any new models in the short term. But Long Term it should allow Suzuki to get back to business as usual (pre-VW) and that would be a good thing. Suzuki has been churning out more or less parts bin specials for a while now. I expect a new GSXR-1000 to be at the front of the line development wise. But a new Hayabusa and perhaps even a Busa derivative sport-tourer might be in the cards. I think the latter would be a logical step after the new GSX-S1000F just came out with no proviso for luggage on what is otherwise a great ST bike. I would love to see a big brother to that bike with its Renthal FatBar, full luggage and Busa power. Time will tell.

Not holding my breath on Suzuki, Keeping my Gen II, going to buy a 2015 R1 and calling it a day. :thumbsup:

Its alright suzuki, take your time...i have a few years of payments left on my gen 2 so the longer the better haha

I totally understand and I feel your pain. But I have to say "left in the dust" is kind an exaggeration to say the least! IMHO the ZX14 had to go to 1400cc to edge out the Zuk by what? 1/2 second? Depending on weather conditions and the rider? The BMW 1000rr has the HP but falls short on the torque! And that 25,000 dollar turbo H2r is not in any way an apples to apples comparo. Because we all know what happens when you strap a Turbo on a Busa. Why? because crazy "Machine heads" have been doing just that to Busa's since the inception of the bike. It's like you have to thank the "Haybusa" and the people who love them and modified them, for without their vision, how on earth would this "HYPERSPORT" created buy Suzuki via the "HAYABUSA" even exist.
What will Suzuki do next with the Busa???? I surely do not know! But what I do know is "what I can do with my Busa" !!!!! with the biggest aftermarket available for a big boy bike out there the sky is the limit! So I say this complain or modify !!!!!!
Or enjoy the best damn bike on the planet the way you bought it !

Questioning if my gen 2 mods will end at the bolt on and tune level. Might save my engine work for the next bike. Thats def not for sure. I wont lie. I do want the baddast bike on the street. Yea I prefer a big bike (and cant go back to a liter size bike now that im spoiled) but im not one of the "it doesnt matter if its bot the baddast, i just like it" kinda guys. Suzuki needs to come HAM

Questioning if my gen 2 mods will end at the bolt on and tune level. Might save my engine work for the next bike. Thats def not for sure. I wont lie. I do want the baddast bike on the street. Yea I prefer a big bike (and cant go back to a liter size bike now that im spoiled) but im not one of the "it doesnt matter if its bot the baddast, i just like it" kinda guys. Suzuki needs to come HAM

I disagree with that last part, Suzuki doesn't need to do technically anything IMO. The speed limit is capped, they have the bragging rights and the Crown they are the creators and originators of the catagory. Suzuki is killing it with the more bread and butter bikes, so I don't think the Busa is a priority at the moment. Think about it why redesign and make a 50cc larger motor just to be the fastest production bike in the 1/4 mile? (BTW that's what KAWI did! super expensive)! Why put a turbo? So the Busa can cost 30,000 bucks? No. The Hayabusa still does what it was intended to and still will for a long time. You can only propel the human body so fast before you just can't hang on. The Hayabusa is perfection in every way I need it to be and for most people as well. Top speed and 1/4 mile are just two points in a bigger picture. Again, IMHO if you wanted the biggest and baddest you should have bought the ZX-14, or the torque-less BMW. or that God awful overpriced Kawi H2R (which BTW is not as fast a Turbo'd Busa) I think you bought the wrong bike for you.
To me I don't have the vision to even imagine the next Busa. And I'm not talking about bolt on parts or a bigger motor. I respect the original design so much, that a want to see greatness! I want that same feeling when I saw that first Haybausa That feeling of OMFG! This is amazing! and for that to happen there has to that gifted engineer that has that insight and ability to take an idea in his mind that is so great and design a bike so advanced it's going to take 10 years fore everyone else to catch up!(again)! And let me tell you, I hope that engineer works for Suzuki!!!!!!!
To me "Big and Bad" is for guys who drink "Monster" energy drink and wear black socks with "skateboard shoes" I'm happy with birds and butterflies LOL

I was, like many others, dissappointed by the lack of a gen 3 also. I sat here in anticipation of a release that would blow my socks off and felt let down when it didn't happen. Then I sat and thought about it a little. What suzuki achieved way back in the days when injection on a bike was rare was nothing short of amazing. Making power is easy, using that power effectively is the trick. Suzuki did what must have seemed like the impossible and redefined and in a lot of ways invented an entire genre of motorcycle. Sure by today's standards the tech is outdated, the style hasn't changed in almost a decade, and there are a good number of other bikes quicker off the line, or can carve a corner better, but does that really matter? Nothing in factory tune can ever be faster then a busa, that's the law now, and anyone can modify a bike to make it quicker then something else, people have been doing that for years. That's not a reflection on the manufacturer but the rider and riders can be both incredibly loyal but also unique. Just because someone out there made a kawi or a Honda faster then my busa doesn't mean my busa is garbage, it means they decided to make it that way and good for them. I recently bought a ninja 636 and love that bike to death but it's built for a different purpose, I use it in the city where a big boy bike is a little less enjoyable, harder to manuver in tight places and when I fully release the clutch I'm not speeding. I would never jump on the ninja and go for a 2 week tour of the west coast, or cross country, or load up the bags and take it out camping like i do with the busa. It was built to be a badass touring bike, something that you can ride comfortably for long hours at a time and not be screaming at 7,500rpm like a 600 class, or be huge and bulky like a bagger or a goldwing. As a genre defining mix of sport and touring it took a very long time for anyone else to build a factory equal and they needed a bigger motor (and a smaller penis) to do it. I am no longer upset with suzuki for not making a new hayabusa, I'm appreciating the hayabusa that I already have. The only people that I meet on a semi regular basis that comment on how old the design is and poke fun at the fact that there hasn't been an update "in forever" are cruiser guys, and let's face it, that's not even worth the energy to reply to.

All that is great, I would just like a bit more acceleration for what I enjoy doing 35/80mph rollons. The bike is a monster reguardless and the trade of having a bigger bike is worth the fact that she isnt the fastest without cracking the motor open. I would just like to see an extra 150cc

I vacillate ,I look at the new and the shiny stuff that is out there and think I like that . Then i go out tot he garage and I look look at the my 05 I bought new , and I have had tinkered and had it tinkered with from the beginning. I have all the comfort mod, (heated grips Heli Bars Buell pegs) Power mods (a turbo and a fuel rail and gen two crank) The Chassis and braking mods (re valved and re sprung for my weight the Brembo master cylinder upgrade) and I think what would I have to do to anything I buy to get it to where I would be satisfied. I do wish Suzuki would up the game on the Busa but I am ok for now with the one I have (Don't ask me tomorrow though)

Cant wait for the show season to start Next month. This is a pretty tasty morsel if your starved for new Suzuki fare.

Suzuki GSX Concept Hints At?Something

suzuki-gsx-concept.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back