Laid Bike Down a few Hours ago

Creekboy

Registered
I can't believe it, once again I have survived a near crash and burn. I was going down a 4 lane and had just pulled out moments earlier. I decided to crack it open because of the traffic that was coming towards me. I didn't have too but I did I was about 9K rpms and hit and tapped 2nd gear, I looked down and was doing about 70 mph when all of a sudden I heard this loud bang type noise. I knew I was in trouble, the bike instantly locked up, and I went sliding into both lanes, emergency braking on and off and the bike was all over the road, Clutch fluid was running out and all over my rear tire, how I ever kept it up, God only knows, the chain appears to have broke or just thrown itself off, locking up the entire bike. Im lucky just the tail section was hit with the chain and the cog is eat up, not sure about the internal or in front , bike wouldnt start, had to get my nephew to get my truck and a few boys to help load it. My back is hurting pretty bad, but Im okay....its a mess...heres some pictures.

100_0282.jpg

Okay Mick...it's official...you get the "bad luck" award, hands down...
mad.gif
I'm so sorry...not that you needed one more thing to keep you down...
sad.gif

How old is the chain? It's stock, right?
rock.gif

Sorry to hear but good job in keeping it from being a complete disaster. Another lesson in why the factory chain should be replaced. EK530ZVX!
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122922644 -->

Sorry to hear it, Mick! You just decided to keep it and now this. Hope your back starts to feel better.

Sorry to hear about this Creek, on the bright side at least your alright

Glad that you're OK and also that the bike suffered only minimal damage!
Question for ya: How old was the chain? Was it OEM? Was slack adjustment OK before you went out today? Did you routinely clean and lube it, like every 400-500 miles or so?

Buddy, you have had your quota....you've gotta be good to go for at least 10 or 15 years now!!

Sorry to hear bro. Hope the rest of the bike is ok.

Sorry to hear about laying the bike down cause of broken chain, but glad to hear you walked away from it. They do say if it wasn't for bad luck, some of us wouldn't have any luck...

Well I will try to answer all the questions..first the officer is filing a report for me cause this time I turned it into the insurance. As for as the chain is concerned the chain was a stock chain put on 2 yrs ago with about 4000 miles on it. Secondly I lube the chain and clean it at least every 4-5 miles. I had noticed yesterday me and Busa1300Nut was out riding and heard this noise kinda popping, but didnt seem to be an issue. He mentioned it to me when we stop. You could hear it every now and then. Thank God it didnt happen yesterday, I pulled a couple of quick 140s-150 mph, I wouldnt be here today if it had went then. Im still shook up and nervous my back is really aching. Went out to the ER they said I pulled a back muscle. The bike is now at a dealership, and they saying they don't know how in the hell I kept it up. It appears I have some major damage in the front. Bike sounds bad, engine may be messed up...I will let you know when I get the estimate back. There rear end and swing arm (which is chromed) is history, actually bent. Cog is destroyed. I dont know what to do anymore....thanks Michelle and to all for your concern, and thanks to Mr. Brown...I will be looking for the mirrors bro....hopefully there saying I may be out as much as 3 weeks...so we will see...I ll give more updates as I get them..thanks...
sad.gif

I'm confused..did the bike go down, or did you keep it upright? The post seems to indicate a righteous save, but the Topic title says you put her on the ground. Either way, I'm glad you are okay, bro..

Back