Laid Bike Down a few Hours ago

Mick -
Man, I'm glad you're okay. Wow. Great job keeping her up, I hope you get her back and in riding condition soon!

Glad to hear it wasn't worse. Take care of your back. You can always fix the Busa, but the back will take longer to heal right. Give it time.

Sorry to here about your bike
sad.gif
 At least your alright. Hope your back heals fast.

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122932617 -->

To clarify I guess I should have opened it better then the headlines....I didnt lay it down.....how I kept it up not sure except I believe some angel was placed here with me this morning.....
blush.gif

As for as the chain is concerned the chain was a stock chain put on 2 yrs ago with about 4000 miles on it. Secondly I lube the chain and clean it at least every 4-5 miles. I had noticed yesterday me and Busa1300Nut was out riding and heard this noise kinda popping, but didnt seem to be an issue. He mentioned it to me when we stop. You could hear it every now and then. will see...I ll give more updates as I get them..thanks...
sad.gif
So you put on a used chain with 4000 miles on it???

That popping sound you heard was a kink in the chain. It probably either jumped off the sprocket or broke at the kink. I've seen chains come up through the seat when they broke. A chain enema sounds painful.
wow.gif

As for as the chain is concerned the chain was a stock chain put on 2 yrs ago with about 4000 miles on it. Secondly I lube the chain and clean it at least every 4-5 miles. I had noticed yesterday me and Busa1300Nut was out riding and heard this noise kinda popping, but didnt seem to be an issue. He mentioned it to me when we stop. You could hear it every now and then. will see...I ll give more updates as I get them..thanks...
sad.gif
So you put on a used chain with 4000 miles on it???

That popping sound you heard was a kink in the chain.  It probably either jumped off the sprocket or broke at the kink.  I've seen chains come up through the seat when they broke.  A chain enema sounds painful.  
wow.gif
I put a new stock chain on it 2yrs ago and only have about 4,000 miles on it when it let go....did that clarify what you was thinking...and the more I think the more I think maybe it did have a kink or something....not sure all I know is Im alive

Holy Shiatsu!! Glad to see that your ok, sorry about the Busa. Take care of your back, and here's to a speedy recovery.
-Ed

Hate that happened. Glad your ok Mick. The bike can be replaced, you cant. Looks like someone was lookin out for ya.

Hate that happened. Glad your ok Mick. The bike can be replaced, you cant. Looks like someone was lookin out for ya.
Can you ask your guardian angel to send a friend my way? I want that kind of Grace watching over me while I ride. And don't be modest, your skills helped save your hiney. Good job saving it.

Back