went down on 3 days ago.

mabupa

Donating Member
Registered
So!! left the house at 7:00am with temps. in the low 50s . I was trying to be real carefull since I had just read the thread warning riders about riding in cooler temps. I Ride around 40 mins. to my brother's house without problems. talk for like 2 hours and play with the nephew and nice. I say bye to averybody and since they had to run some errands we all walk outside together. I jump on the bike and while backing it out, felt some sand where I was standing. I'm think "man I better be careful getting out of here". So, I look both ways and see that I have a good space to merge into traffic. I let the clutch out and star moving. I rolled like 15 feet on the oncoming lane and when I gave it some gas to get into my lane BLAAAAAMMM!!!!!! next thin I know, I'm on the ground feeling like a bull hit in the chest and can't breath.!! So, my brother comes running while I'm laying on the street face down and asks if I'm ok. I can't even talk so I just move my hand. I finally start breathing normal after what felt like 40 sec.(I know it was probably more like 10 sec.) I get up and move out of the street. at this point my brother is already getting the bike out of the street. when I saw my baby I wanted to cry. I forgot about my pain and everything else. anyways... I asked my brother what exactly he saw since It happened so fast I couldn't figure it out and He said when I gave her gas the tail went to my right and as soon as It went to the right It came back to the left and It pushed my up and over the bike(I guess kind of like a high side). so, after 15 mins. I started feeling a little better and was just sore. I checked everything on the bike and there was no damage to any critical component. So, I just jumped on it and rode another 40 mins. back to the house. It made me feel horrible knowing my brother and his family saw the whole thing. :down:

I know the :rulez:. so, I attached some pics. of her.(hope they uploaded correctly) I know you are gonna say it's no big deal. but it hurts seeing it like that anyways.

Oh!! and I apoloze in advance for any mistakes. this is just my second thread on here.

Be safe out there everybody!!

Miguel

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

Glad to hear you walked away from it. The damage doesnt look too shabby either.

There is no shame in "Crashin"!

That didn't look kinda like a highside, it was a highside.

Sorry about your getoff, most of us have been there!

Thanks!! Big E. I always wear all my gear. As far as the bike, I think the slider helped. Not sure!!!

There is no shame in "Crashin"!

That didn't look kinda like a highside, it was a highside.

Sorry about your getoff, most of us have been there!

Thanks tufbusa.!! Yeah!! I don't axactly if it can be called that. It just makes me feel like an idiot.!!!! :-(!!!

glad you came out ok, sure glad you were wearing your gear, looks like you would have had some nice road rash if you didn't. when i downed mine all i could think about right after it happened was the bike ok and not me. it's fixable man and here's mine when i went down and she's back to even better than new now. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/136783-i-hit-gravel-now-i-need-help.html do you have full insurance on her?

Ouch!! Yeah !! Yours was worse than mine!! I already order fairings! How hard is it to replace the nose fairing??

I have full insurance on her.but, Decided to try luck on eBay and found both the nose and side fairings in excellent shape for $450 shipped. And same color too.!! I got lucky I guess. Just need to get with Justin from Honda east toledo to get a new OEM kanji . Because the one I bought was removed.

Glad your ok. I've got a factory bar end that looks better than yours does now.
It's yours if you need it. Good thing is that there are no pics of your tank! Which means that's ok?
Those are expensive.

Glad your ok. I've got a factory bar end that looks better than yours does now.
It's yours if you need it. Good thing is that there are no pics of your tank! Which means that's ok?
Those are expensive.

thanks a lot for the offer blanca.!! I rolled it and put the scratch facing down and used the black sharpie idea I read from you on a thread. So, you can't even tell is there. I will also be replacing the fairings myself. I learned that part by watching your tutorial video a while back too.:thumbsup:

blanca is the man:bowdown:

The way you explaining it looks like the bike did a lowside and you did a highside rare but possible.. Gear rocks don't it glad you ok.

Those pictures disturb me. I have a white 09 with M4 Retro Drags...

Really glad you're alright because a high-side crash certainly is no joke. And everybody crashes eventually. I didn't believe that until I went down last year, but it happens.

Good luck getting her fixed up again. Be sure to post up if you need help finding parts or doing the work. :thumbsup:

i have full insurance too, i had them do a price quote for me and included the labor cost too. the nose fairing is tricky, not hard, but time consuming, becarefull when putting it back on because there are tabs that will break off if you are not careful.

Ouch!! Yeah !! Yours was worse than mine!! I already order fairings! How hard is it to replace the nose fairing??

I have full insurance on her.but, Decided to try luck on eBay and found both the nose and side fairings in excellent shape for $450 shipped. And same color too.!! I got lucky I guess. Just need to get with Justin from Honda east toledo to get a new OEM kanji . Because the one I bought was removed.

It looks like that's what happened. and yeahh gear rocks.:beerchug: I always wear it even in the florida's heat.
The way you explaining it looks like the bike did a lowside and you did a highside rare but possible.. Gear rocks don't it glad you ok.

Here is pictures of mine from a couple months ago in an accident. I went off the side of a mountain in Boone, N.C.

PB1

uploadfromtaptalk1320542286001.jpg

Those pictures disturb me. I have a white 09 with M4 Retro Drags...

Really glad you're alright because a high-side crash certainly is no joke. And everybody crashes eventually. I didn't believe that until I went down last year, but it happens.

Good luck getting her fixed up again. Be sure to post up if you need help finding parts or doing the work. :thumbsup:

thanks !!! I'm sure if I need help I can count on the .org. this site is awesome!!:bowdown:

Back