know your limits

black diamond busa

Team Jacob
Registered
this last weekend i tried making it to the Midwest MNG. i was getting ready all last week and had everything inline. i left my house in pouring rain and meet up with card in lansing. i was only able to handle 4hrs in the pouring rain before i had to face that i couldnt keep riding and know that i would be safe, the cold and no sleep got to me. (i had been up since 8pm the night before and left at 7am) i really wish that i could have made it to meet some of the people i always talk to on here. just know that only you can know when to get off the bike to keep yourself safe. so hopefully i can make it to the next one :please:

No problem, next year we will come your way maybe, an hour or so out from your home. This way you can still make it a 4 day weekend when you ride in!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just :poke::poke::poke: at you, its great you know your limits, we would rather still be talking to you on the org. than you going down. Its all fun.

Glad you are posting about it on here, 'cause we are NEVER gonna let you live it down!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i can live with you guys never letting it go, its not as bad as some of the other stuff around here. when my boots, leathers, gloves and helmet are soaking wet and i start nodding off when riding in the rain. im man enough to get off my bike. :moon:

Had a Kirtland Air Force Base Picnic/Motorcycle ride two weeks ago. There was a young E-5 who had an older GXR 1000 with SRAD written on the frame. Could tell he was green but he wanted to ride with the faster bikes on the way up to Sandia Peak. On the way down he was going around a 20 MPH turn and must have braked hard in the turn and slid into the guardrail wheels first. I came around the corner about 2 seconds later. He tried to wave me on (Yeah Right) but I stopped and helped him out. Fortunately the only thing hurt was his pride and some of the left side plastics. A young man who didn't know his or the bikes limits. He had taken the MSF course but no other training and had only been riding for two months. The leader of the ride (Base MSF Instructor) gave him his card and told him if he didn't enroll in the sportbike class he would hunt him down like a duck! Good man there.

We rode about 9-10 hours in the pouring rain to get to and from the Spring Bash and it was the worse thing I have ever been through, so I'm with you pull over. I have never before spent 10 hours saying to myself "I'm going to die today, I'm going to die today...."

So 3 days later we turned around and did it again :laugh:. There is an advantage to being stupid I suppose.

fallenarch said:
We rode about 9-10 hours in the pouring rain to get to and from the Spring Bash and it was the worse thing I have ever been through, so I'm with you pull over. I have never before spent 10 hours saying to myself "I'm going to die today, I'm going to die today...."

So 3 days later we turned around and did it again :laugh:. There is an advantage to being stupid I suppose.

Well good for you. More then what I could do but now I'm looking at rain suits for next time.

I'm with Willie. I rode all day in rain to get to the bash and kept saying same thing.

'I'm gonna die' riding thru atlanta in pouring rain on hgwy next to tractor trailers made me nervous as heck.

I'm curious though. You say you rode four hours in rain and then got off but didn't make it rest of way to MnG? Were you not able to continue the next day to MnG? Or did you just turn around and go home? I don't understand fully why you weren't able to make it?

fallenarch said:

Worst ride ever to have a great week. :laugh: I only had 1 crappy rain ride, but it was longer so I'm more manly than you :moon:

I'm with Willie. I rode all day in rain to get to the bash and kept saying same thing.

'I'm gonna die' riding thru atlanta in pouring rain on hgwy next to tractor trailers made me nervous as heck.

I'm curious though. You say you rode four hours in rain and then got off but didn't make it rest of way to MnG? Were you not able to continue the next day to MnG? Or did you just turn around and go home? I don't understand fully why you weren't able to make it?

he was riding with me and made it 200 miles of a 350+ mile trip, unfortunately he gave up 20 miles from where it stopped raining and 30-35 miles from completely dry pavement and an hour from sunny sky and 75 degrees where i took off my rain gear and was completely dry and put on my sunglasses and ipod and was dry within 20 mins and then sweating within 40 while sitting in traffic in chicago for an hour lmfao

Worst ride ever to have a great week. :laugh: I only had 1 crappy rain ride, but it was longer so I'm more manly than you :moon:

Well for the others that did that I will applaud them but for you that should be a walk in a park. I mean really if you couldn't deal with a little water wouldn't all the other frogs make fun of you?

Oh well at least you tried that's more than can be said for most. And you gave us something to poke fun about, so, thank you for your service :)

I gotta say Sean (17), Damian (20), Lisa (The Wife) and I made it 300 miles in rain, wind and cold (~45 degrees) each pulling a trailer even on our first leg of the Eureka springs trip this spring and keep in mind it was pouring like mad when we left in fact we unintentionally waited until it started raining to leave my fault :banghead:

Next time kick back at a truck stop for a few and get in a power nap then get underway.. A 20 minute rest can work wonders..

Oh and last year going to the spring bash Lisa and I rode through snow until it was about 4 inches deep then we gave up and got a motel for a couple nights because sadly the snow was 6 inches the next morning.. But that's the only time we've given in. Though there have been other times where I should have given up like running from tornadoes between Knoxville and Nashville after the 2010 spring bash.

Back