Kevin and Cecil went for a little ride today

Nice pictures. Looks like a good time
I have never done a wheelie (just chicken).
A question for all you LEOs's out there:
Would the wheelie by itself without speeding be considered a traffic violation (reckless/dangerous driving) and would the officer that witnesses this make a traffic stop/pull over a rider for this alone?
It's against the law but it depends on which cop sees it. I actually happened up on a wheelie once and threw him the two finger rider salute... He slammed the front wheel down and then turned around to watch and see if I turned around on 'im. I know that fugged with his mind. He just KNEW he was busted.
biggrin.gif

Nice pictures guys. Looks like you two are doing exactly what a busa is intended for, having fun! Cecil looks like he is getting the tire a little higher with practice. More throttle Cecil, more throttle
smile.gif
As long as you are looking over the windscreen, you aren't high enough!

You two have a couple of really cool busa's. I really like your purple/black!

Nice pictures guys. Looks like you two are doing exactly what a busa is intended for, having fun! Cecil looks like he is getting the tire a little higher with practice. More throttle Cecil, more throttle
smile.gif
 As long as you are looking over the windscreen, you aren't high enough!

You two have a couple of really cool busa's. I really like your purple/black!
Thanks for the purple/black compliment. Yes it was fun, and like Rev said, the weather was perfect. I'm guessing the temp was in the mid-70's. Perfect riding weather.

Cecil, I just placed a post

"Wheelies Explained"

Check it out, it may help to improve your wheelies!

Nice pictures. Looks like a good time
I have never done a wheelie (just chicken).
A question for all you LEOs's out there:
Would the wheelie by itself without speeding be considered a traffic violation (reckless/dangerous driving) and would the officer that witnesses this make a traffic stop/pull over a rider for this alone?
I'm not a LEO or nothin' near that, but I do know that the laws governing this situation may be a tad different from place to place. Some call it wreckless driving, exhibitionism, or even failure to maintain control. There are others, but I guess the best rule of thumb would be to... "Just Don't Do It!!" Kinda opposite of the NIKE moniker huh?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
I usually keep my front wheel on the ground unless I see a lot of open area. It has always worked for me that I CHOOSE the time and place for a wheelie and not let anyone else influence me. I've always been one who believes that at the very moment you try to impress someone... something goes wrong. Especially when you're dealing with something as potentially dangerous as motorcycles. Keep tha rubba side down...

Brian

Back