11-7 ride Tampa

diesel

Registered
I finally met Cecil for a sunday ride. Cool guy.....2nd and 3rd gear wheelies-cool! He's got a good lookin bike, too.

cecil_and_my_busa.jpg

Them Red un's look real good in the Sun... Diesel, isn't yours a slightly different color? What was it?

Cecil is by far the quickest Busa in the twisties I have seen yet... Well, besides me of course

Yeah... I'm full of it... I got nothing for him... Something tells me he isn't spooked by the top end either...
wink.gif
Thanks for the pics Bro...

Them Red un's look real good in the Sun... Diesel, isn't yours a slightly different color? What was it?

Cecil is by far the quickest Busa in the twisties I have seen yet... Well, besides me of course

Yeah... I'm full of it... I got nothing for him... Something tells me he isn't spooked by the top end either...
wink.gif
Thanks for the compliment.

The ride was fun...

Pretty low-key.

Nothin like the last ride you and I did a few weeks back. ;)

Here are few more pics from our ride.

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

wink.gif
I painted mine a deeper red, you can see the difference in the sun. I got some good wheelie tips from Cecil. That run to Brooksville gets better and better...I think my riding improves every time. (considering I've been riding less than a year)

I painted mine a deeper red, you can see the difference in the sun.  I got some good wheelie tips from Cecil. That run to Brooksville gets better and better...I think my riding improves every time. (considering I've been riding less than a year)

Uh,,, I painted your bike bitch...so get your story straight.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|B-Sting
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100086041 -->

I painted mine a deeper red, you can see the difference in the sun.  I got some good wheelie tips from Cecil. That run to Brooksville gets better and better...I think my riding improves every time. (considering I've been riding less than a year)

tounge.gif
Uhh, ok Bitch then what color is it?
rock.gif
smile.gif

I mean deeper red is really not all that specific... Nice work BTW B-Sting seriously...

Now what do you know about some WWII style nose art for my Black Busa? Something to replace the Kanji's? you know Nekid Chicks Frolicking?

I have been thinking about have some quality vinyl decals made instead of paint, that way if I scratch one it's just a reprint, not a repaint... Any thoughts?

I guess I kind of met you guys. I made it into a picture! I was a bit wiped out from work, or else I would have been a bit more social. Glad you guys had a good ride. I rode the south part to the Hess by myself and then road back with Gonza who I know from streetknights events.

I guess I kind of met you guys. I made it into a picture!  I was a bit wiped out from work, or else I would have been a bit more social.  Glad you guys had a good ride.  I rode the south part to the Hess by myself and then road back with Gonza who I know from streetknights events.
It was nice to meet you r1Rookie... Glad you found someone to ride back with.
Gonza and I have riden together as well... super nice guy.

Hope to see you out again soon.

tounge.gif
rock.gif

smile.gif

I mean deeper red is really not all that specific...  Nice work BTW B-Sting seriously...  

Now what do you know about some WWII style nose art for my Black Busa?  Something to replace the Kanji's?   you know Nekid Chicks Frolicking?  

I have been thinking about have some quality vinyl decals made instead of paint, that way if I scratch one it's just a reprint, not a repaint...  Any thoughts?
There is no code, its custom made. 2 Tints from PPG, Mostly 752 and a little 749 I believe, and a copper PearlCoat.  
umnik.gif

I dont know if I would call it a deeper red, just a different red. The special edition paint has a bubble gum colored base coat,with a transparent Blood Red middle coat, and Red Crystal Flake in it.

Diesels has a Normal Bright red basecoat with a copper pearl midcoat, making it kind of flip more orange in the sun. Still Pretty close, but different.

It would be a hell of alot easier and cheaper just to get the decals made. The hard part is putting them on without getting air bubbles or dust underneath them. Then clear the hell out of them until its thick enough to barely feel the lines. You could even sand the decal edges flat if you have enough clear on them, then either buff the panel, or reclear again.

I'de say go with the decals.

<!--EDIT|B-Sting
Reason for Edit: "Cant Spell :)"|1100125513 -->

I painted mine a deeper red, you can see the difference in the sun. I got some good wheelie tips from Cecil. That run to Brooksville gets better and better...I think my riding improves every time. (considering I've been riding less than a year)

tounge.gif
rock.gif
smile.gif

I mean deeper red is really not all that specific... Nice work BTW B-Sting seriously...

Now what do you know about some WWII style nose art for my Black Busa? Something to replace the Kanji's? you know Nekid Chicks Frolicking?

I have been thinking about have some quality vinyl decals made instead of paint, that way if I scratch one it's just a reprint, not a repaint... Any thoughts?
That WWII stuff would be cool....especially on a Jap bike since we bombed the F out of them back then! Kind of a rolling paradox.

Back