Kawasaki is putting superchargers in half their bikes in the next two years

This brings a question to mind.... With the common FI mod as a turbo, why is Kawi doing blowers?

blowers have always been easier to tune and manage without over heating issues. plus for a street bike that most will never change as far as the supercharger goes the blower makes boost faster. back pressure issue eliminated with blower.

turbo more efficient tho. blowers have just been more reliable overall. blowers have a broader power band as well. for a production street bike the blower wins hands down imo.

if ur trying to make really big HP and still ride on street the Turbo wins hands down tho.

This brings a question to mind.... With the common FI mod as a turbo, why is Kawi doing blowers?

I really do not believe it. This would need substantial modifications to the cyl head, pistons, rest of motor to work efficiently and this new design would come at a price which would effectively be that much higher to the consumer. I guess it is possible. I just cannot help but be skeptical. The techs at the dealerships would all have to be schooled appropriately. I dont know. Sounds like hype.

I really do not believe it. This would need substantial modifications to the cyl head, pistons, rest of motor to work efficiently and this new design would come at a price which would effectively be that much higher to the consumer. I guess it is possible. I just cannot help but be skeptical. The techs at the dealerships would all have to be schooled appropriately. I dont know. Sounds like hype.

What dealer do you know that has techs that know what they're working on now?:laugh:

Saw a post showing the zzr1400 being one of those supercharged bikes....makes you wonder if when it gets over here will the zx14 be blown?

kawasaki-ksr-111cc1.jpg

It's about emissions,standards are getting harder and harder to meet.You create more combustible "heat" you lower emissions..Kawi is just getting a head start.

If true, way to go kawy. a zx-14r supercharged would be interesting...

But a zx-10 engine making 200hp blown is petty lame when the s1000RR makes almost the same naturally aspirated.

There is " blown" and there is blow j-b engineering...

BB

Back