Just about bought it on i-5 saturday afternoon.

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Ripping along on the 5 Northbound just coming up to Port Everett Left hand exit.  I am in the number 4 lane of 5.  Traffic is heavy but fast 70mph decent spacing.

Anyway, the car in front of me slows slightly as do I, WELL THEN... The Car in front SLOWS A LOT!!!!  So Do I, the Dumb Beeyotch soccor Mom behind me?  NOT PAYING ANY DAMN ATTENTION, has to slam on her fuggin brakes to avoid my bumper, I had watched her approach fast so I had gone ahead and taken up about 20 feet of my own cushion to give her wallowing POS SUV a fighting chance.  ANYWAY.

She managed to get her POS Tahoe (Panic) stopped (I think she dropped her phone) But the hapless individual following her?  Never had a chance.  Pieces of whatever it was that impacted her rear bumper came by me on the left.  Some glass and crap...  Anyway she's only about 3 feet off my ass when I hear the impact so I motor forward quickly taking up the last 4-5 feet I had and she came to rest just inches from my bumper yet again.

I felt bad for whomever hit her, cause they are going to get the ticket, but chances are all the drama would have been avoided if she had simply been paying attention.  She had ALL THE ROOM needed to safely negotiate this braking manuever and still managed to fug it up.  Whomever was behind her was prolly 3-4 seconds back before impact so there was a cushion.  

Was a heck of an impact though knocked her prolly about 4 feet forward and to her credit she had her foot planted on that brake and took the hit...  Me?  I'm all about getting my foot off the brake and minimizing the impact, yeah even if it means rumpling up another fender.  But she kept her foot in it.

So Here's this slightly cock-eyed SUV coming to rest just a few inches off my ass, all I could see was GM grill in my rear window.  I had a brief moment of "What to do?"  But I see her (Tahoe Sheethead) pitching a major fit all by herself in driver seat and decided I didn't need to be part of that action today.  If she can flail around, she's OK...  Honestly Dunno about the folks behind her, hope they had seatbelts on and airbags..

Pretty sure all "High Profile" vehicle drivers should have to have an SUV/Utility endorsment. So maybe idiots like this learn that they need to pay extra attention to whats going on because their heavy lumbering POS's tip over, cannot stop, and cannot be seen around. Especially with the Thuggy Tint.

Anyway, that is all.

Hope yo uall are doing good.

Thinking about posting some picks and details about the new buggy, anyone wanna see it?

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145290683 -->

Dam Rev...glad you got out of that one unscathed
wink.gif

I drive big vehicle and don't have to pay attention to others around me....
See this all the time... fiddling with phone, radio, make up, etc... look up and to late to react to anything going on in front of you....
Glad to hear you and the car walked away unscathed...

oh did I mention that its always someone elses fault as well...
tounge.gif

Glad you're ok. Don't know about additional endorsement stuff; if folks would just pay attention and be responsible then there would be no need for additional laws and rules.

Yeah But hell, we have to have an endorsement to ride a little bike. Seems the housewife with NO CONCEPT of mass and stopping distances would benefit from an endorsement and a basic instructional course.

More education, and higher standards for obtaining a license would mean FEWER LAWS would be needed, because folks would understand the physics involved.

Otherwise? Personally? I'd love to see all SUV's over 6600lbs Banned! That's right OFF THE ROAD! Back to the farm where you came From.
laugh.gif

"She droped her phone" that's why, I see it all the time...people with there head up their a$$ call'in 1-900-satisfaction....its a wonder more people aint whiped out by these type of idots who can barely drive a car little lone do both...I hate to see more laws but but alot of folks can't do both so maybe its time to make em hang up!

"She droped her phone"   that's why,  I see it all the time...people with there head up their a$$ call'in 1-900-satisfaction....its a wonder more people aint whiped out by these type of idots who can barely drive a car little lone do both...I hate to see more laws but but alot of folks can't do both so maybe its time to make em hang up!
I'm all about knowing what your limitations are. can you drive and chat? Yes? Cool! NO? Then Don't.

And personally for me if i feel like yakking I pop in the earpiece and roll it slow in the well named "Slow Lane". I have a lot of respect for folks that pull over to the left when they get a call. I've seen it a few times, folks ripping along in the fast lane, then pick up the handset, signal, and over to the slow lane they go!!!!

Good stuff.

Dang, Rev! Glad YOU were paying attention! Seriously, glad you are around to tell that story. She was in Iowa last week, screeching her brakes behind me too!

On a side slant, I've known a few women that WANT big SUV style vehicles beacuse, and I quote, "It makes me feel safe" oooookay.... I think men have given up making women feel safe, so they turn to big, over protective vehicles. As usual, I agree with your frank, common sense about endorsements... what is the smallest truck you need to have a license to drive?

I'd say the best way to go about the endorsement process is to require an endorsement based on Towing capacity and GVWR. Any "Truck", "SUV", etc over about 6000k LBS. It's not asking a lot I don't think. Basic instruction regarding the increased attention needed to operate safely, blind spots, tip over danger, increased stopping distances, etc... Might actually make a difference.

MIGHT

Dang Rev! You seeing all the action in the RX, aren't you? Good to here it was a close call, otherwise we'd be seeing pics of a bent RX! Good thing you were not on the bike that day! Too many idiot, I own the road, don't have to pay attention, it's not my fault, you should be watching out for me, it's your fault if I run-over you and kill you, have to talk on the phone every second, I didn't see it, stops like a train, waits for the last second to react, SUV driving fools out there these days.
mad.gif

Did I miss anything?

Just happens that work just posted the following:

What else are you doing when you shold be paying attention to your driving? Are you sipping coffee or snacking? Are you fiddling with the radio? Are you daydreaming? Driver distraction is the most common contributing factor in crashes between two or more vehicles.

According to the AAA:
Driver Attention Status has five categories:
1. Attentive
2. Distracted
3. Looked but didn't see
4. Sleepy or fell asleep
5. Unknown or no driver

Driver Distraction has 13 categories:
1. Eating or drinking
2. Outside person, object or event
3. Adjusting radio, cassette, or CD
4. Other occupants in vehicle
5. Moving object in vehicle
6. Smoking related
7. Talking or listening on cellular phone
8. Dialing cellular phone
9. Using device/object brought into vehicle
10. Using device/controls integral to vehicle
11. Adjusting climate controls
12. Other distraction
13. Unknown distraction

You know I think it's you little fast sports car drivers that feel the need to zip in and out of traffic. It's like those crazy squids on those dang sport bikes. Thinking they own the roads!!

laugh.gif

Glad you weren't hurt. Did you take that driver with you from Tampa?
tounge.gif

You know I think it's you little fast sports car drivers that feel the need to zip in and out of traffic. It's like those crazy squids on those dang sport bikes. Thinking they own the roads!!

laugh.gif

tounge.gif
I agree... but you got the terminology wrong in this context... It should be the derogotory "Crotch Rockets" instead of Sport Bikes...

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

I had one of those occur about two years ago on the way to Tampa, traffic on I-4 had come to a stop for no visible reason so I came to a stop, as traffic began moving again I heard a screech. The guy behind me was doing about 80 before the screech and hit me square on enough to total a 3 year old van. My bumper was dragging the ground and was up near the rear tires.

I wish people would pay more attention to driving.

Dang, Rev!  Glad YOU were paying attention!  Seriously, glad you are around to tell that story.  She was in Iowa last week, screeching her brakes behind me too!

On a side slant, I've known a few women that WANT big SUV style vehicles beacuse, and I quote, "It makes me feel safe"  oooookay....  I think men have given up making women feel safe, so they turn to big, over protective vehicles.  As usual, I agree with your frank, common sense about endorsements... what is the smallest truck you need to have a license to drive?
+1

Also, in VA at least, the smallest vehicle that requires a CDL license is a 10,000 lbs vehicle. I'm just shy of that for my work vehicle at 9,600 lbs. Personally, I think anything over 6,000 lbs should require SOME kind of special endorsement to drive, just like Rev stated.

Glad to hear you're OK, man. That's a tough situation to be in, especially because traffic always acts like an expanding and contracting rubber band.

laugh.gif

tounge.gif
Hey hey hey !!!
Watch it now . . .
I resemble those remarks!  
tounge.gif

Rev just wants to be like me ...
1st a Busa, then an 8
biggrin.gif

BTW - Congrats on the new ride!  
thumbs-up.gif

Rev - Told ya the 8 was safe! Good work maintains SA!
thumbs-up.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1394"|1145311744 -->

tounge.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Back