It's home!

wickedsprint

Registered
Well I picked the bike up today fromt he dealer..they move FAST, only thing I am worried about is that he got it from denver, so I might be stuck with a cali model since CO is strict as hell. I took another riders info and read the emmissions label on the frame, no mention of california, just says "meets epa regs for 2005 model year" This thing either has a fast reading speedometer, or it is going to get me in serious trouble. I took it easy ont he way home, varying speeds, alternating gears, and no more than about 5k and 1/3rd throttle, but holy crap, cruising along at 65..crack it open and without any fanfare it is doing 90...this is gonna be a fun bike when it is broken in I can tell. Is there any other way short of removing the cowling to tell if it has california emmissions, mainly concerned with getting stuck with the smaller gas tank. Here come some pics.

busafront.JPG

Yes you did! While You're peeling the warning stickers off, go ahead and get the ones off the front of the mini fridge in the garage while You're at it!
laugh.gif

I remember when mine used to look like that! Then Moditus set in and WOW it's been a blur of speed and bling ever since! Enjoy the addiction. and by the way the speedo IS off but not as much as you think...yes it does accelerate that fast. Wait until you get it breathing and flowing. The throttle response you have now will be viewed as disgustingly slow
wow.gif
Brother, You've got NO idea what you've just got yourself hooked on !!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

welcome to the insanity.... welcome to busaholics.

Not the fastest color, but damn nice!

u should be able to tell by the paperwork or ask the dealer? just guessing-- CA emissions is a long way from my neck of the woods.

Paperwork doesn't say anything, frame sticker does not mention cali stuff, short of removing the right rear fender to see a canister, any other way via the VIN to tell if a cali model?

ok, just got home + took a look at my bike. Here's an easy way to tell:

1. take off the rear seat or hump.

2. On the right hand side wall of the compartment, next to the tool bag--if there's a white sticker that has information about fuel vacuum hose routing with a bunch of diagrams, you have a California ("E-33") bike.

3. Also - you can actually see the charcoal canister by looking between the plastic of the storage compartment and the rear cowling on the right hand side. It's a black cylinder.

If you don't have either of these, your bike is an "E-03" - the designation for non-Cali USA bikes. Pollute at will.

Thanks again. I still cannot get over how smooth this engine runs. I am still getting used to fuel injection, I musta looked for 5 minutes for a fuel shutoff valve. This is my first EFI bike.

congrats on the ride. treat her with respect. these things ride sooo damn smooth - you can get going pretty fast without realizing it.

welcome to the board!

I think all the 2005 models are 50 state bikes. The speedo is about 7-9% off so the faster you go the further off it is. Enjoy the new ride and treat it with respect:D

Back