California Governor signs bill into law, no more aftermarket exhausts

heres a whammy for ya.
NO MUFFLER passes EPA guidelines.
in the epa guidelines it states that all information must be printed in a contrasting color on the outside of the muffler.
:poke: stamping into the metal is NOT compliant!! i say again "it MUST be printed in a CONTRASTING COLOR".
:laugh: just ask the guys in New York. they are spankin the heck out of this law (same as california's law)with a simple powerpoint with some pics from motorcycle dealerships. only 18 out of 100 something bikes were "almost" compliant.
???have you ever tried to even find the epa stamp on a sportbike with undertail exaust?

fear not california!
"get up, stand up, stand up for your rights! get up, stand up, don't give up the fight!" Bob Marley said it. i just beleve it.

can i get a big "THANK YOU" to all the idiots, running around with staight pipes, shorties, and cut-out stockers....

yeah, good job guys.

PS: typical of legislaters....they just passed a law to outlaw aftermarket exhaust, that are already illegal. there were already noise limits, and emmissions regulations.....

law enforcement is already stretched beyond its limit, they will not be pulling people over for noise violations.....why? because they already can, they only do so when you are being an ass-hat...typically cruising in HB or Hollywood Bl. or blasting thru the mountains amd canyon roads....

this is much ado about nothing.....

Havn't these laws always been on the books, just not recently inforced? I recall getting fix-it tickets in the early seventies on kawi triples for "Modified Exhaust" and "Excessive Noise".

I thought it was always like that, isn't that why almost every full exhaust system says "for track use only" ?

I know in Delaware you have to have the stockers on in order to pass inspection, and don't dare go down Main St. in Newark, DE (runs through the University of Delaware) pretty big hangout for the youngsters, cruising. There's also a lot of bars there. First offense for "loud pipes" is like $500.00

This confirms what I said about Homofornia the state should fall into the ocean:rofl: They can kiss my:moon: I will never live by their laws:firing::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I heard about that, didn't know exactly where they were targeting though~!!~
Should have figure it's be Ca

makes no sense. so all motorcycles upto 2012 can have after market pipes?

The next phase will be to make the law retroactive...........back,back...........

Harley Davidson stopped selling non-compliant exhaust back in 2003, V&H and others stepped right up and built compliant parts, it really isn't a problem.

I have actually been looking for a set of toned down slip-ons, The Tsukigi Cannons were fun and sound great, but I'm over it. Maybe go to the V&H Dark Series.

How are the LEOs going to know what bikes a 2013 and later unless they are familiar with the years? idiots. Just a stupid law. They should shoot themselves for wasting time on something so ignorant. If i lived in cali Id say screw their laws

It won't be Florida, we don't even have emissions....u don't need a helmet or insurance on a motorcycle down here.

Don't rule out Florida, cities have been putting ordinances against loud pipes maybe not near you but don't rule it out..:laugh:

Last edited:
heres a whammy for ya.
NO MUFFLER passes EPA guidelines.
in the epa guidelines it states that all information must be printed in a contrasting color on the outside of the muffler.
:poke: stamping into the metal is NOT compliant!! i say again "it MUST be printed in a CONTRASTING COLOR".
:laugh: just ask the guys in New York. they are spankin the heck out of this law (same as california's law)with a simple powerpoint with some pics from motorcycle dealerships. only 18 out of 100 something bikes were "almost" compliant.
???have you ever tried to even find the epa stamp on a sportbike with undertail exaust?

fear not california!
"get up, stand up, stand up for your rights! get up, stand up, don't give up the fight!" Bob Marley said it. i just beleve it.

Where did you get this at?

(damn google is fast.. Trying to search for any info about the above and would you believe the 5th link lead me back to here.. lol)

funniest episode ever!!

"CHICKEN SPEARS! CHICKEN SPEARS!" :rofl:

and i freakin dare that reporter to interview Ace :stoopid:

oh yea we were gripeing about laws.

California never ceases to confuse me with thier laws.

lane splitting and no handlebar height, yet noise is bad and wear your helmet ??? and lets not even get started talking about pot or marriage. :lol:

How are the LEOs going to know what bikes a 2013 and later unless they are familiar with the years? idiots. Just a stupid law. They should shoot themselves for wasting time on something so ignorant. If i lived in cali Id say screw their laws

Your tag :laugh:

They have legalized a monopoly. By not allowing competition the manufacturer can charge whatever they want for their cans when you need to replace them after a fall or something. I could understand a noise or emission requirement. But that is a little extreme.

I guess by that time they will have found out a work around, gutting out the stockers :laugh:
Thats a good point, what happens when you lay your bike down and need a new can or pair of cans? What do the stockers run...1200-1500 bucks a piece? Thats going to be outrageous :banghead:

And what about all the custom bike shops in california like OCC and West Coast Choppers? The states loaded with shops like that, you can't build custom bikes if you can't put pipes on them. What are they going to do, stick stock harley street pipes on all these 50-60 grand custom machines? :rofl: I think there'll be some shops and motorcycle related companies leaving the state soon :laugh:

Thats a good point, what happens when you lay your bike down and need a new can or pair of cans? What do the stockers run...1200-1500 bucks a piece? Thats going to be outrageous :banghead:

And what about all the custom bike shops in california like OCC and West Coast Choppers? The states loaded with shops like that, you can't build custom bikes if you can't put pipes on them. What are they going to do, stick stock harley street pipes on all these 50-60 grand custom machines? :rofl: I think there'll be some shops and motorcycle related companies leaving the state soon :laugh:

OCC is not in Cali, it's in N.Y.

Back