Its all fun and games till somebody gets hurt or worse....

That is sad. But you have to be responsible on the two wheels. They should have used a pic that didnt look like a mug shot to show his face.

I think there is a good reason that that looks like a mugshot... :poke:

thats bad, i wonder what went wrong. well riding without gear is the first thing, yeah but in some states they have a no helmet law??????i wonder why. The helmet should be like the seatbelt law..

That's sad regardless of actions. What hit home was my wife just dropped off some youngsters at church @ Military Trail and Purdy Lane. Then headed south, saw the yellow tarp....she thinks it was a blue & gray bike....

Condolences to the family and friends. It was someones brother, son, nephew, etc...

thats bad, i wonder what went wrong. well riding without gear is the first thing, yeah but in some states they have a no helmet law??????i wonder why. The helmet should be like the seatbelt law..

:whistle: lets not stir that pot. :stirpot::deadhorse:

too bad he made poor choices that cost him his life. his pic sure dosen't look too happy about him bein dead.

be safe out there, and if your ganna do something "daring" wear a bunch of gear ??? maybe go to a track.

I feel bad for his family and friends, and I'm glad he didn't hit anybody. I also don't belive in helmet laws, it should be a choice everywhere(even though I always wear mine). Nobody ever thinks it'll be them. I also save my wheelies and stunts for certain spots with NO traffic! I don't want to endanger anyone other than myself...and my riding buddies:laugh: But we've all been young and stupid and done dumb things, unfortunately not everyone lives to learn from them.

sucks that he's gone for his family and friends. Everyone makes choices and sometimes our choices are made for(against) us when we ride. The first choice he made was to ride the bike, the second was not to gear up, the third was to do something that caused the front end to lift. Thankfully his chain of choices did not impact someone else directly (ie involved in the accident). Had he made a different choice of any one of the three listed he would probably still be around to argue about how stupid his mug shot looks.

We see examples of this type of thing all the time unfortunately....so sad. The lesson for all of the rest of us is to always wear your gear. Sure you might not *have* to legally and it might "look cool" but it just seems like a choice that all too often ends with horrible consequences :(

I'd challenge everyone that rides without a helmet & gear to do this. Look at your child, wife, significant other, parents or friends before you go ride and then consider that might be the last time you see them. Still want to ride without a helmet and gear?

First ... I have never like the word " Squid ". Second ... NO ONE DESERVES TO DIE !!! To make a statement like that is JUST MEAN !!

Whether or not no helmet was a direct cause of his death it doesn't say so we are only guessing. Would he have been safer with a helmet? Many say yes some say no.
I posted it just to make all aware that it doesn't always end happily .

It is strange how the only pic they could put up there looks like one that was taken during an arrest.

First ... I have never like the word " Squid ". Second ... NO ONE DESERVES TO DIE !!! To make a statement like that is JUST MEAN !!

No one deserves to die but when you think you are invincible and do not take appropriate action as to WEAR GEAR if you intend on doing such risky actions as wheelies then in my book you were asking for it. Its not mean, its called the bold truth

I am not a gear nazi. I have and used to ride all the time in shorts and a tshirt. But you would NEVER catch me doing wheelies or without a helmet when i ride, period.

No one deserves to die but when you think you are invincible and do not take appropriate action as to WEAR GEAR if you intend on doing such risky actions as wheelies then in my book you were asking for it. Its not mean, its called the bold truth

I am not a gear nazi. I have and used to ride all the time in shorts and a tshirt. But you would NEVER catch me doing wheelies or without a helmet when i ride, period.

No wheelies?!:poke: I hope you never do one by accident then, cuz they're addictive:laugh:

No wheelies?!:poke: I hope you never do one by accident then, cuz they're addictive:laugh:

I did a few on my old zx6. Had my fun and dont want the risk of crashing. Too much can go wrong and my heart would be broken if I ever wrecked my bike....

Back