Praying I Don't Hafta Sell My Busa

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
I aqquired a new job a couple weeks ago...a really good one as after being laid-off from working for aerospace companies all my adult life as a Tool & Die Level Precision Machinist/Fabricator?...I'm still in the training stages of programming/set-up and operation of  shop full of 12 high-end cnc 5&8 axis cnc grinding centers....in a REAL clean shop....making a large variety of high speed surgical grinding instruments for...brain surgeons.

I rode my busa to work tuesday the 5th...but for some reason...even though it was beautiful weather on wednesday?..something told me to "Take The Truck"...and it was a damn good thing I did.

Just after getting off I-95 and onto military trail in palm beach gardens (where my new job is located) I was at a dead stop behind traffic awaiting a stoplight and...BAM!!!...hit in the rear...knocked my truck a good 3' forward (even though my foot was on the brake) and the lumbar support of my seat felt as though Mike Tyson took his best shot at my lower back...but naturally the adrenaline was flowing as I threw it in park and jumped out of my truck to go see what sorta @$$wipe had just nailed me (while at a dead stop for a good 10 seconds) and what sort of damage occured and I was shocked in two ways...

1. My Reese Hitch and Step Bumper took the hit...and there was suprisingly little to no visual damage...however...since the step bumper/hitch are so solid?...there was no "crumple zone for me as my lower back took the brunt of the impact..via the seats lumbar support...which nailed me right across my lower back and...

2. What hit me was a 47 year old Palm Beach woman in a brand new '05 Mustang...and when I say "Brand New"?...the lot inventory tag was still hanging from her rearview mirror...she had just bought it.

At first she got out of her car running up to me and apologizing for hitting me...the entire front end of her brand mew mustang was destroyed..smashed grill and front bumper...hood buckled up a good 8"s in the center...front fenders blown out...trashed back to the windshield....and now she's putting her hands on my shoulder repeatedly apologizing and getting hysterical as I'm backing away from her calling 911 on my cell phone.

Cops were there in seconds...heard her apologizing for hitting me...and she even told the cops she ran into the back of me...but..after we were directed to pull off into the adjacent strip mall parking lot and out of the traffic?...and after the officer took our DL's and insurance paperwork?...little Miss Molly had a sudden change of heart as she began to tell the officer that "He Stopped Short"..I laughed in disbelief and said..."Lady?..I was at a dead stop for at least 10 seconds before you hit me."...and suddennly I was a M'F'er who also stopped short...then she asked me who the F are you and where the F do you live and..Just Look At What YOU Did To My Brand New Car!!!

Turns out she also had a large magnum of wine in her vehicle...that was missing 7/8ths of it's contents...as the officer thanked me for not responding to her vile comments and shue'd me off asking if he needed to take a deposition from me for them to prosecute for DUI would I be willing to do so...and a 1/2 hour after I arrived late to my new job here came the officer as I was paged to the front lobby...turns out she refused to test for DUI...then even got a bit physical with the officers to the point they had to restrain her.

Now my only problem is...my lower back burns like a biotch...for the last two days...I'm in pain just getting in and out of a chair let alone riding my Busa....and I'm headed for the emergency room sometime soon to at least egt some x-rays and/or MRI...but one things for sure..currently?...I'm hurt by a rich drunk biotch and her brand new trashed mustang.

Wish me luck and L8R, Bill.  
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120884787 -->

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, I'm sure all the finances will be handled by the insurance companies, you just focus on healing yourself.....

Dayummmm...
mad.gif

Sounds to me like you may need to rush to the doc ASAP. Don't play around with your back, especially if you've been in an accident.

I hope like hell they prosecute her for the DUI; can't imagine your every day woman in a brand new car going off like that just because...if she refused the tests, what does that mean they can charge her with? Still go for the DUI and hope they win? Damn, she'll get a high priced lawyer...
mad.gif

Glad you weren't on the Busa though...I hope you find out what's wrong with your back and get things in order soon. Some work day at the new job!
wink.gif

mad.gif

Get a lawyer NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll be a little richer in lets say2-3 mths and alot of rehab at the chiropractor that her insurance will pay for of course, seriously, get an attorney now, you'll be glad you did!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120885460 -->

My God Jinks, The slew of luck you've been having lately (first the punk kids now a drunk Biatch who ran into you).
sad.gif
All I say is take it easy, Busa will always be there so there's no need to rush back to it now. Work on your situation and look into an attorney or something. Def. get all the medical attention you need now, the first Doctors Report will be your lifeline when it comes to claims, esp all of the follow-ups, referrals, radiological services etc...But get that Police Report most importantly. I'm pretty sure (100%) that they'll rule in your favor and say that drunk lady was at fault for sure!! Then you'll have everything your way. I hope she loses her license!! Here in Cali, if you're found with a DUI of .08% BAC or higher, you lose your license for a year or longer and have to appear in court. I wish you the best and whatever decisions you make, I hope they work out for you. If you sell the Busa please don't ever leave us. Your presence and valuable knowledge has helped many of us out (esp. the suspension setup you have stickied
beerchug.gif
) take care Bill!!

Ryan

Pursue it with a vengance man! Get a good attorney and kick her azz!
mad.gif

Yup...go to the doctor...then to a lawyer. If they have prrof she was at fault...she's fucked. Well...her insurance is anyways.

weird that she 180'ed on ya like that.

it'll all work out.. hopefully just a pulled muscle in the back or something.

Bill, that's SUCKS!  Hopefully when you got hit the back of your seat and headrest distributed the force across your whole back, neck and head,  And hopefully all you're experiencing is torn back muscles (which is painful enough!).  

I agree with the rest, MAKE HER PAY BIG TIME.  And get a lawyer quick.  My guess is, she did... immediately - to save her a##!  
mad.gif

Hope you recover and quick!

Dude, this is not your week, is it?

Get a lawyer first, like NOW. Consult, let them know you're going to the hospital, and take their advice - you gotta protect yourself against someone that out of control...

Feel better soon!

Maybe she was the drunk mother of the kid that tried to punk you?
rock.gif

Take care of yourself and get checked out by a Dr as soon as you can.

Pursue it with a vengance man! Get a good attorney and kick her azz!
mad.gif
Agreed!!!!! Sorry to hear of your mishap! Glad you weren't on your Busa! You'd have more than a back ache!!!! Hang in there. Hopefully there is nothing seriously wrong with your back and it will settle down in a few days! However, I would get to the doc as soon as possible so it's a matter of record!!!

Also---Congrats on the new job! Hope all goes well!

I'd go to the ER now, it's the best time to get diagnostics after some of the inflammation has decreased. Make sure to get and xray & MRI. X-ray gets solid tissue like bone and MRI get's all the soft tissue (ie, muscle, tendons and disc material). The back is nothing to play with, if not treated early can lead to compensation that could affect the neck, shoulder, hip, knee or ankle. I pray for a speedy recovery and mucho $$$ to mod your busa
tounge.gif

I hope that you get better soon and permanently. Back injuries can pop up out of no where and I can attest to it my friend. Get to the hospital and go see a chiropractor and then sue that non-driving cager!!

Bill,

I agree, get a lawer and let them take over. It will be worthwhile in the long run. I sure hope you feel better soon, nothing sucks worse than back pain. Been in the same situation myself only I GOT rear ended on a bike
sad.gif
Sometime, I'll tell you about where the backrest gouged me as the bike went flying out from under me
wow.gif

Congrats on the new job. That sounds like one heck of a shop!!

When I stop at the lights I am always on the right-most lane just a little bit inside the line. I dont trust the vehicles behind me to stop. I would advise all riders to install a blinking rear light that can be operated by switch.

get well soon man, i hope you get some money, and good luck with everything.........

as far as that bytch, i hate fuccin dumb people, i mean seriously how stupid can you get?

Please...Please seek medical attention. Back injuries can take a while to show up and it will be money you will recup from the insurance company. My wife is an attorney and she said you should speak with an attorney just to cover your a$$ from any liability regardless of whose fault it is. The woman is most certainly speaking to an attorney and trying to shift blame right on to you! Thank god she was an idiot and admitted to the Police that she was at fault (prior to her 180 shift) and definitly press/coperate with the cops to charge her. It will only strengthen your case. Hoping you have a speedy recovery and no serious injuries. Keep us posted!

Back