Praying I Don't Hafta Sell My Busa

glad you are alive, man that is just some crap. Back problems are harsh and percocets won't dull the pain if the problem is serious. Sue her and then tell the judge you would like to kick her in the lower back because she stopped short.

Bill, if you need anything let me know. Seek medical attention and legal advice pronto. You need to get your back X-rayed before you go stretching and such. I am an opponent of "banana peel" lawsuits, but this is definately not the case here. Go talk to a lawyer. Get healed up & keep the bike.

Gotta say the same thing here, Jinkster. Getting hit at a stop is one of the few instances where the hitter is 100% at fault, and the hitee, ( you, in this case) is of virtually no fault.

Get a lawyer to protect your intrest, because if she was dui/dwi, the insurance company could give a hard time about covering her.

Good luck, heal quickly and well.
..and Florida IS a No Fault state~ Doesn't matter how it happened.. even if you did stop short.. she's at fault~ That's a lot of the reason some people will pull right out in front of you from a stop sign as you're traveling 55mph down the road~ They dare you to hit 'em just so they can make a buck or two~ Anytime a vehicle is hit from the rear quarter panel on back, the person hitting is automatically at fault!
Don't trust Progressive to do you right either.. Like everyone else has suggested.. Get a lawyer on it now!
Hope your back isn't too bad.. heal well~ It's no reason to give up the Busa though~ I've got two blown disks in my back and riding the Busa is the best theropy I've ever done~
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120960306 -->

Good luck and heal fast. Back problems aren't fun, but don't sell the busa. My riding buddy has a messed up back from an accident. There are some days he can't ride because it is acting up, but we get alot riding days in than not.

Oh yea, and whey they said ^.

Well folks...the bad news is...

It looks like I won't be "Gett'in Rich" off of this.

But the good news is...

My back was feeling markedly better by late last night and this morning?..it feels almost back to normal...matter of fact I even thought of GJoker's remark about his blown disc's and how riding his Busa is theropy as I headed out to the corner dunkin doughnuts for a cup of coffee on my own busa this morning!!!
biggrin.gif
Without issue.
biggrin.gif

It's still a tad sore but at this point I'm almost certain that no permanent damage has been done to my lower back...probably just some mild bruising and associated spasms...which seems all but gone as of this morning.
biggrin.gif

I figure this way...I'm just gonna ask the claims agent how much it would take for him to let me hit him across the lower back with a 3" piece of pipe and settle for that and a couple hundred for damage to my reese hitch/step bumper and to get my wheel/frame alignment checked out and call it a day.

BTW...they still can't find or contact this biotch...and she was arrested and jailed on the 6th but released from jail on the 7th...and the insurance company claims they can't do $hit till they make contact with her..which is a situation that may force me to get a lawyer whether I like it or not...and I don't like it.
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Bill, if you need anything let me know. Seek medical attention and legal advice pronto. You need to get your back X-rayed before you go stretching and such. I am an opponent of "banana peel" lawsuits, but this is definately not the case here. Go talk to a lawyer.  Get healed up & keep the bike.
bronc...thanks man...but hopefully I'll be just fine...but still...thank you...you're a true friend.

Bill.
cool.gif

Just make sure you get a good lawyer. My brother had the same thing happen to him someone hit him when at a stop light. He had the same hitch as you and there wasn't much damage to his truck but messed his back up bad. When they went to the insurance they said that since the truck did not have that much damage he could not have been hit the hard. Like you said the bumper was soild and did not give when hit and transfered all the energy to him. This was about 4-5 years ago and still has back problems that occour from the accident. The money the other drivers insurance wanted to settle for would not even pay for his medical bills. Even though your back feels better now down the road it might flare up again due to the injury. Don't settle for a lump sum settelment make them pay for your medical bills down the road related to the injury. Hope you make a full recovery and out riding soon.

Jinkster, don't mess with the back man.... screwed my lower back up a bunch of years ago and suffer daily with the pain. Been thru Rehab and all, still taking pain pills (Flexeril) every once in a while. The shame is I can have one hell of ride on the The Busa and the next day not be able to sit at work. Don't let the back go, get it checked out and taken care of....

I would go to a chiropractor and get your back worked on a bit.  I go 1-2 times a week for injuries from 1992. I would not make it if not for the quality care that I get from mine.  Hope you get well soon.

Sorry to here about this--glad you were not on the Busa--- some people suck-even little ol ladies in badazz cars obviously--Dayam
mad.gif

Bill, In all sincerity take your claim # and go to a Chiropractor. I had the same style accident 8 months ago and got Whiplash. Still get physical therapy once a week along with adjustments twice weekly. Chiropractors DO NOT believe in Surgery! ALL Insurance companies cover it after accidents like this. If your spine heals incorrectly you are in for serious pain down the road along with many other complications. I know some people think chiropractors are nutty or scam artists etc. I assure you that none of the ones I have ever been to fit into any of those categories. I took my infant to one when he was five days old (on the way home from the hospital)
PLEASE go to a Chiropractor. As a bonus the back X-Rays will be more evidence against her for your lawsuit that she so richly deserves! Her running just shows more guilt.
I am contemplating seeking monetary compensation myself! 8 months of pain and inconvienience is getting OLD!

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121008324 -->

Bill, I'm glad you didn't get messed up (more than you can feel) from that SoFla twit. Doctors and lawyers - necessary evils. Consult with them both regardless how you feel today as your condition could change without notice tomorrow. Do you need a loan of sunglasses?
cool.gif

Back