Praying I Don't Hafta Sell My Busa

Sorry to hear about this Bill, there's no excuse for what she caused. Good thing is that you were not on your Busa. Hope the best for you on a speedy recovery. Oh yeah, sue the crap out of this lady
wow.gif

Thanks for all the well wishes and great advice folks...I'm currently awaiting a claims agent who is coming to my home to take pics of my truck and drop off the medical claim forms and explain my options...oh...and get this...he told me they've been trying to contact this biotch for the last 2 1/2 days...even attempting to get ahold of her by calling relatives and...no dice...she's nowhere's to be found...and now for the good part...we both have the same insurance company...progressive.
rock.gif

Thanks for all the well wishes and great advice folks...I'm currently awaiting a claims agent who is coming to my home to take pics of my truck and drop off the medical claim forms and explain my options...oh...and get this...he told me they've been trying to contact this biotch for the last 2 1/2 days...even attempting to get ahold of her by calling relatives and...no dice...she's nowhere's to be found...and now for the good part...we both have the same insurance company...progressive.
rock.gif
Well, that's some good news! Sounds like she's a shady gal...
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif
Well, that's some good news!  Sounds like she's a shady gal...
rock.gif
Nope...she was a well endowed hot looking momma who had just bought a brand new '05 Mustang then went and celebrated by having a afternoon wine party with the rest of her other spoiled rotten rich biotch palm beach...uhem....lady friends.

You know...your average...

White Collar Stay At Home Wench Trash.

sorry...just hadta get that out...venting...good for the soul.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120892020 -->

rock.gif

good luck, the pain will eventually go away, good luck in your recovery, if you are at all like me, stretching will keep it from getting overly stiff.

rock.gif
Well, that's some good news!  Sounds like she's a shady gal...
rock.gif
Nope...she was a well endowed hot looking momma who had just bought a brand new '05 Mustang then went and celebrated by having a afternoon wine party with the rest of her other spoiled rotten rich biotch palm beach...uhem....lady friends.

You know...your average...

White Collar Stay At Home Wench Trash.

sorry...just hadta get that out...venting...good for the soul.
laugh.gif
OH, one of THOSE...
mad.gif

Aside from what you're going through, it does suck that a perfectly good Mustang went to pot...I would have enjoyed that car...

rock.gif

Can you imagine her poor husband?

Him:"So honey...what did you do today?"

Her: "Oh I went out and bought us a brand new '05 Mustang and then to celebrate?....I bought a Magnum of La Chauff and went over to Mindys to show off our new mustang then got drunk and slammed it into the back of some buttwipes pick-up truck. And...oh...yeah...did I forget to mention he stopped short?"

wow.gif

I think here in the state of FL if you refuse a DUI test, your license automatically gets suspended for a certain time period, but you get out of the DUI charge. I learned all this stuff a while back but cant remember all of the details. She will probably get a lawyer and buy her way out of it all anyway!

Bill,
Sorry to hear about your mishap. I agree with BS Busa regarding the diagnostic scans. You need to have them done ASAP and then a later follow up for comarison.

Even though progressive is your insurance too, don't think for a second they won't try to screw you. It's all about the mighty dollar. You are way more important. Get a lawyer who specalizes in medical cases. You will be glad you did.

Good luck,
Chris

I'm no fan of suing over traffic accidents that are really accidents....but I say all bets are off when she decided to drive drunk......get a decent lawyer and sue the living crap out of her.........what if had been a kid on a bike or a rider on a motorcycle sitting in your place....probably would have been a fatality. Screw her....legally and financially....

It started out like she was truly genuine and sincere. Something that could be handled with some civility and insurance mumbo-jumbo....but...

...since she was drinking (hate that) and went postal on you and the cops, get an attorney and nail her to the wall!! Compensation baby! (For her being a total a-hole)

I think here in the state of FL if you refuse a DUI test, your license automatically gets suspended for a certain time period, but you get out of the DUI charge.  I learned all this stuff a while back but cant remember all of the details.  She will probably get a lawyer and buy her way out of it all anyway!
It states on your license (Florida at least) "Operation of a motor vehicle constitutes consent to any sobriety test required by law". And since my sister just had a DUI and didn't consent to the test, I know first hand. She lost her license on the spot and then was taken to jail. They say you lose it for one year but you can get it down to 6 months. Definitely get a lawer and sue the crap out of her.

Man Jinks, good luck with it.  How is your back doing now?
The back is actually feeling quite a bit better than it was...I've been slowly trying to stretch, bend and twist a bit and I'm not getting the zingers like I was the past two days but it still does burn a bit but that seems to be slowly going away as well...and here's the deal.

I'm normally not afraid of doctors at all...but under these particular circumstances?...I'm not real anxious to risk running into some ER surgeon who takes one look at the accident report and insurance paperwork only to have $$$ rolling in his eyes and start carving away on my lower back like a rump roast at an afternoon buffet. So...as long as my back keeps making progress in the healing/pain relief dept.?...I'll take a pass on visiting Dr. Early Retirement.

I'm also not fond of P.I. Lawyers and their stable of associated "Professional Witness Doctors" who for 1/2 of your settlement will swear to the judge and jury that I sustained the worst lower back injury known to man...provided he gets paid first....then the lawyer gets his and I wind up with the chump change that "The Professionals" let fall to the floor.

In other words?...I'm in talks now with the insurance company regarding how much it would take to ease my pain and inconveinence...playing it by ear for now...still gotta do a little research...meanwhile?...the big hold up for everyone is...

They can't find this biotch....she's either in jail or in the bahamas.
mad.gif

Bill,

You have to get a lawyer. It isn't a choice when you have the same insurance company. They aren't going to go after themselves. This has been a hot topic in IL with a few folks I know. I hate the idea of a lawyer also but you can not do this by yourself. All you will end up with is a "back injury" small settelment. If anything happens down the road they will try and use this as a pre-existing condition. Espically if it happens to be with a Progressive customer.

Best of luck,

Steve

Gotta say the same thing here, Jinkster. Getting hit at a stop is one of the few instances where the hitter is 100% at fault, and the hitee, ( you, in this case) is of virtually no fault.

Get a lawyer to protect your intrest, because if she was dui/dwi, the insurance company could give a hard time about covering her.

Good luck, heal quickly and well.

Jinkster...sorry to hear about all of this. Hope you get better soon.
cool.gif

Like everybody said...Get a lwayer. Most will work for a percentage of the settlement, so there shouldn't be any out of pocket expenses. I'm not a "sue happy" person, but sometimes it's just the right thing to do.

Even if you cannot find her, the police will have all of her information on their report. You can take this information, and file a suit against her. You will have to have papers served, but then when the court date rolls around, and she doesn't show up, the court will find her in contempt, and issue a bench warrant for a FTA (Failure to Appear). Typically you will win your judgement by defualt.

Make sure your are seeking restitution in the form of "Punitive Damages" as well as "Actual Damages". If she files bankruptcy, the "actual" damages can be written off, but the "punitive" damages will stay as a debt against her.

I'm not a lawyer, so please just use this as reference when you speak with your own attorney.

Good Luck Jinkster
wink.gif

Back