Life is not all fun and games...

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Saturday, the weather looks good...nice an hot in the AM.

Saddle up with Phoenix, head into work. Computer systems are down, so I head back out to get a haircut, pay some bills.

Come back to the office, day is still lookin mighty fine. Go to my desk and get started on some work, goof around on the .Org and generally just take things slow.

Around 3 or 4, it starts to get dark...and then BOOM...rain hits. No worries, says I...Phoenix could use a rinsedown.

Don't pay it any heed...continue to do my work. Around 9:30pm, decide to call it a day and call a friend of mine. I head out, meet up with him for dinner.

I get there first, wait for him to show up. When he finally comes, he asks how come I'm riding. I say to myself "Now there's a wierd question" but don't think much of it. Only to find out that the island was put on a Tropical Storm Watch.

WTF??

Hokay...so he tells me that as of 3pm the governor had put the island on Condition 2 (which basically means a storm will hit within the next 48 hrs). Now all the rain made sense. So we're sittin down, eating dinner and the wind is picking up and so is the rain.

Life is not all that in Paradise, contrary to popular belief. Out of nowhere a storm comes a-calling and as my luck would have it? I'm right out there in the thick of it, me an Phoenix gettin drenched in the rain and gettin chilled by the wind. Lovely.

Rode home after dinner in heavy rain and winds gusting close to 40mph. PERFECT.

Tomorrow comes, haul azz around the house to secure stuff. Only to find out that storm watch has been cancelled. Alright...cool. I won't get mad...at least the island was spared another storm.

My friend (from last night) calls up and asks if I have time to work on his undertail. I tell him shoot, bring it over...I always have time for him.

Long story short, I use a die grinder to start shaving his undertray, and end up die-grinding my thumb in the process.

The stone causes a half-inch gash to appear on my thumb (after taking out a chunk of my nail too). I see meat underneath the cut...and I am privy to see my three layers of skin on each side of the gash. Lovely.

So...how was your weekend?

Did you have a couple of beers or some adult relations? Damn bro something to balance out the shiddiness.

Don

dam, pac. take a few days an stay inside your luck is horrible.

but as i always tell myself, it could be worse.

Did you have a couple of beers or some adult relations?  Damn bro something to balance out the shiddiness.

Don
nada...none. No choice, soothing beverages and it appears that mama wasn't in a very...how shall I say this?..."receptive mood" last night.

Ah well...c'est la vie. Gotta love paradise, I suppose. Heheh...

Dang... One word for ya bro...Weather channel! Did ya at least enjoy dinner? Well at least, with all these actions going and all your bids... You'll soon have some stuff that's new to you!

Dang... One word for ya bro...Weather channel!  Did ya at least enjoy dinner?  Well at least, with all these actions going and all your bids... You'll soon have some stuff that's new to you!
No TV here at the office...and me being the elite supreme Entity of Intelligence Manifestation, had decided to lower down the radio.

Thing that got me about it was that it came outta nowhere. No warning prior...just up outta the Pacific and headed my way.

The auctions are cool...but I'm more happy about being able to help out Nathan and BV.

i posted a pill you could take but obviously someone didnt like it and it got deleted.....sorry, you'll just have to make it on your own
laugh.gif

Well at least the Phoenix didn't get blown over in the high winds. Or did you leave that little tidbit out?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

I feel your luck. Me and my busa survived a tornado last week. I just think of it as something that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

You guys are freakin me out. I am currently looking at plans for an underground bomb shelter to protect Guinevere.
sad.gif

Yo brudda

Remind me not to let you work on my bike or let you plan any rides
tounge.gif

Well at least the Phoenix didn't get blown over in the high winds.  Or did you leave that little tidbit out?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
Oh hells no....I was takin it easy the whole ride home!

Got pushed into the emergency lane a coupla times, but that was it. Think I was hitting 25mph tops on the way home.

Back