Issues with engine noise on 2022 Busa 300 miles

Get out the stethoscope start chasing the tick.
Repair8.jpg

Suzuki gremlins like to bang around in the engine and make ticking sounds...they always have.
Yes, if you stand there and listen to the engine especially without your helmet, it makes all kinds of ticking, rattling, clicking noises. Back a few years ago, the noise with the clutch slack making a clacking noise when letting the clutch lever out caused many people to think that there was a problem. Matter of fact, I took my 09 busa to the dealer in Mississippi telling them and listening to the clutch noise and the mechanic said, gotta split the cases knowing it was normal. If it wouldn't have been for the ORG discussing it, I probably would have done it costing probably costing $2k. So, thank you Captain for this place.:banana:

Well if it's a "watch" they hid it pretty good, because I can't find it anywhere and my bike is in 1000 pieces right now. Boy ain't that a bummer we got a wait till February for the jacket the plaque and the hump as my dealership wants to ship everything together.

Get the cluster in, wrap a couple pieces, rebuild the fairing and nose assemblies (quite a puzzle that nose), hook up the leds, install the hugger, and maybe I'll get her out of the garage for a dinner run to Socal with the lady.

So where the heck is the watch?. Anybody found one?. :D

Hey Dawg, my last three are 316. Although I didn't hear nothing. I've already swapped out for Amsoil synthetics. She purrs like a kitten. I don't hear nothing in the RPM band.

My number is 234... and since l had my first service for free at dealership they put the stock suzuki oil in it, was gonna do it myself but was told that if I miss the first one the other 2 are voided so I felt for the money let them do it since it's a new bike. I've never owned a new motorcycle and was skeptical letting someone touch my bike but the guy that serviced my bike was there best mechanic of 20 years and drag races on the weekend and for the ticking it was there before he touched it, I just figured I'd wait till the break in period because it's only in 1st gear at 3k rpm then goes away. Talked with a few buddies that have the gen 2 busa and they have herd of the tick so I kept riding but I use the quickshifter alot so thought maybe that was the issue so being under warranty she's going back in a few days since I wanted that same tech to check her out will update soon hopefully they don't say...."what ticking sounds good to me".

Last edited:
I thought that's why it was making the sound lol I did it motoman style...
I don't think that had much to do with it. I've set valve tolerances at their tightest, middle, and far side, and they lose about .001" at the most unless there's extenuating circumstances. :thumbsup: I always run high load break in on these motors. As long as you don't run too high in the power ban RPMs, I'm sure you didn't do any damage.

Forgot to give heads up my ticking went away on its own like 2 days before taking into service very odd was there since day one put 1k miles on her and now that sound is gone very odd mechanic couldn't tell me what it could be...

Find a pic of the busa engine cut open. There are so many moving parts. All these make noise. I would have today the busa engine is one of the noisiest engines there is except one, the BMW 1000rr. That bike is so noisy it's unreal. Hot as a foundry too!
6MWSZKSELJE6BH7555L7FKKEA4.jpg
1635877085329.jpeg
feature-1-1.png

Last edited:
Back