Is this Roaring Toyz Busa really worth 18 grand?

Nope...but someone will buy it
sad.gif
and the factory WILL NOT warranty a extended arm
and chain or aftermarket exhaust
wink.gif

Its like the Saleen Mustangs you can get the work done cheaper yourself, but it is not a Saleen Mustang....in my opinion this bike serves only one purpose. That purpose is not worth the price tag. A status symbol is having a nice house and a happy family. A built bike should be for extreme riding or racing.

(GPW @ Oct. 27 2006,09:42) Its like the Saleen Mustangs you can get the work done cheaper yourself, but it is not a Saleen Mustang....in my opinion this bike serves only one purpose. That purpose is not worth the price tag. A status symbol is having a nice house and a happy family. A built bike should be for extreme riding or racing.
I see your point, but Saleen has a definite name and reputation that would be a consideration when justifying the extra loot. Roaring Toyz is just another shop in an industry filled with them. Not bashing these guys, but it seems like they are awful proud of their work.........

There's a market for it and someone will buy the bike. But why buy this one when you can have my custom paint 04' with new PM wheels for $14,500.

There's alot better deals to be had but most of the general public wants to buy in person. They feel comfortable that if they buy that bike there that the shop will take care of them in the future. The money selling parts isn't on the internet, it's selling person to person. People feel much better shelling out a small fortune in person than over a computer. That and add in some great customer service and the deal is usually sealed.

(GMbusa @ Oct. 27 2006,10:43) There's alot better deals to be had but most of the general public wants to buy in person. They feel comfortable that if they buy that bike there that the shop will take care of them in the future. The money selling parts isn't on the internet, it's selling person to person. People feel much better shelling out a small fortune in person than over a computer. That and add in some great customer service and the deal is usually sealed.
True or Not, that's exactly how I feel and BUY  
tounge.gif
, the exception being our Site Sponsors  
beerchug.gif

Give me performance of bling any day. Chrome is over-rated and completly played out. It's what you can't see thats impressive
biggrin.gif

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 26 2006,17:50) No. An item like this is never worth the sum of its parts. You can get a low mileage one with all this plus motor work/turbo for that kind of coin.
+1
beerchug.gif

To bling or not to bling, that is the question.

I'm into bling. Don't like it, fine, just don't knock it. People talk about guys with chrome being posers, how about the guys with all out race this and that on their bike that can't take a turn to save their life, and they get passed by my lowered&extended blinged out ride in the turns. Now that's funny.

I would not have put all the chrome on this bike, (Arm, wheels, polished frame) but it looks pretty good, IMHO.........

blkbusltl.JPG

(GMbusa @ Oct. 27 2006,16:45) To bling or not to bling, that is the question.  

I'm into bling.  Don't like it, fine, just don't knock it. People talk about guys with chrome being posers, how about the guys with all out race this and that on their bike that can't take a turn to save their life, and they get passed by my lowered&extended blinged out ride in the turns. Now that's funny.
Please join us on one of my rides next season...I should have some video on how we roll after Sunday's track day. It would be very tough lowered and stretched to keep up in the tight technical stuff or keep up with one of my RR inspired project bikes with an experienced & seasoned rider. I'll go on record saying almost impossible. Not a personal dig but I have yet to see that happen in 23 years, being passed in a turn by a lowered & stretched bike........
ices_rofl.gif
The opposite is said for the same bikes at the strip.........the lowered and stretched bike will rule.
race.gif

Looks high to me. Looks like a stock busa with a handfull of bolt ons.
rock.gif
I'm sure it would sell though.

GPW, i'm not talking about me passing everyone in the curves, i'm talking about posers in all types of groups. The curves used to be my life of riding, just not anymore. I myself prefer a lowered&extended Busa, but i can also appreciate a well built roadrace bike like your old Busa "Thor" you built. That bike is an awesome machine.

I guess i would be more into curves with the right bike, say an RC51 or something along those lines. I just don't get a thrill throwing my Busa through the turns anymore since i painted it.

(GMbusa @ Oct. 28 2006,11:19) GPW, i'm not talking about me passing everyone in the curves, i'm talking about posers in all types of groups. The curves used to be my life of riding, just not anymore. I myself prefer a lowered&extended Busa, but i can also appreciate a well built roadrace bike like your old Busa "Thor" you built. That bike is an awesome machine.

I guess i would be more into curves with the right bike, say an RC51 or something along those lines. I just don't get a thrill throwing my Busa through the turns anymore since i painted it.
thats the fun part when you can keep up with lighter bikes...............
beerchug.gif
Actually did some work on Thor today for DJ. It still amazes me everything I did to that bike and the worl class ride for a big bike.................and I really like the "I'll kick you in the chin" look. My next project Busa will combine both the RR and a some motor work head and cams. Should be a monster of a machine. BST Light, fast and about 215 hp.....just enough to enjoy for a every day rider and twisty machine
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Back