beware of roaring toyz

I've seen so many guys spend $6G-$7G and then get their friend who built so and so's brother's pickup put it together to save money. Putting a 300 on a bike is major a engineering change, it's not like putting on an exhaust system or a race filter. The lesson here is that if you are going to change your motorcycle so radically, research what you are buying, understand what that means as far as compromizing it's ride and usability, and most of all get someone who knows what they are doing to properly install and align it so it works as designed. Even if you are just making changes like this to acheive a certain look the changes are not cosmetic and they change the bike and require some serious engineering to design and skill to install/maintain.

As for RT, I hope one goofy customer post would not hurt the rep of a company that has such a long and impressive track record in this kind of mod.

Finally on whether or not number of posts matter - I got 500+ and I'm an idiot so don't buy it:mwink:

This is one thread i would like to see a padlock on, and delete everything after post #64. Maybe even move post 64 to number 2 cause everything inbetween is a pointless read. Seeing as how the person who started this thread got to read the RT's rebuttle and never answered after RT's post, I am assuming RT filled in all those holes in his story and it sure did make sense after hearing the other side.. This is one thread title I really don't need to see resurrected 1 year or 10 years down the road :poke:

Pwall just remember the story of the little boy who cried wolf and how that turned out in the end :angry:

First of all, if they over charged you, why didn't you get your money back right then and there? Fishy to me... Regardless, it must be the bike gods way of saying you shouldn't put a bike tire on a Busa....congrats....you have a big rear tire..would of saved 2k putting a turbo on, and adding 100hp, rather then taking 50 away.

I was looking at theyre stuff and really dint care for the look of it.Trac dynamics is the way I am going I think.

Here we go again, someone with 99 post telling us that an advertiser that has been with us for years, served hundreds of our members is a rip off... Im sure there is more to the story or a big communication problem...

Cap

Do you need a certain number of posts to not feel ripped off?

I'm not taking sides as it's none of my business, but what's the logic behind post count equals credibility?

People don't become more intelligent, crafty, worldly, or otherwise from posting on an internet forum.

Here we go again, someone with 99 post telling us that an advertiser that has been with us for years, served hundreds of our members is a rip off... Im sure there is more to the story or a big communication problem...

Cap

Cap,

I think it's irrelivant the number of posts the member.

Everybody has issues with suppliers at sometime or another when building bikes.
I guess its up to the indiviuals to decide whether they go to this supplier or not regardless of the feedback that they read.

I personally would still go to Roaring Toys as I have never had an issue with them and they seem to be very reportable.

I'm not taking sides as it's none of my business, but what's the logic behind post count equals credibility?

People don't become more intelligent, crafty, worldly, or otherwise from posting on an internet forum.

My exact response as well... :)

The number of post lends itself to some level of credability. Most people that you see on this forum that have thousands of post are pretty reputable... Look back now and tell me if I was right or wrong... You see I have been around this place for 11 years and when it comes to people and their behaviors I can usually pick em close... This post is not the first nor will it be the last of someone new coming in trying to pee all over a vendor because they feel they got ripped off. If you have been around some of these advertisers as long as I have you can tell just from the story if someone is telling the whole truth... When this thread started you could tell there was more to the story.. Roaring Toyz is one of the most reputable companies in the industry. When you have someone new coming in and spouting off garbage that is contrary to everyting you know about someone then it makes for an easy BS call....

cap

The number of post lends itself to some level of credability. Most people that you see on this forum that have thousands of post are pretty reputable... Look back now and tell me if I was right or wrong... You see I have been around this place for 11 years and when it comes to people and their behaviors I can usually pick em close... This post is not the first nor will it be the last of someone new coming in trying to pee all over a vendor because they feel they got ripped off. If you have been around some of these advertisers as long as I have you can tell just from the story if someone is telling the whole truth... When this thread started you could tell there was more to the story.. Roaring Toyz is one of the most reputable companies in the industry. When you have someone new coming in and spouting off garbage that is contrary to everyting you know about someone then it makes for an easy BS call....

cap

Sure, as with anything. Still, what does post count have to do with credibility? I can say the wrong thing over and over. That doesn't make me reputable or what I said correct. Any fool can post on a forum. Doing it more than most people doesn't equate to knowing more or possessing a superior character.

I have several dealings with roaring toyz and all were handled very professionally.

Including when I made a mistake ordering one phone call problem resolved..

Also very good with last minute emergency orders got me what I needed right on time when no one else could.

This company and it's guy's are good people and that story has so many holes in it I am not even entertaining the thought of it being partially true.

I know this post should just die and be done with. But I do have to say as far as number of posts are concerned I would never buy something from someone with a low post count. When you have people like the knowledgeable people on here it's hard to bs your way through 3, 4, or 500 posts without being shunned. I think posts do matter, doesn't make u worse to not have many (like myself) but it does show credibility IMO.

I know this post should just die and be done with. But I do have to say as far as number of posts are concerned I would never buy something from someone with a low post count. When you have people like the knowledgeable people on here it's hard to bs your way through 3, 4, or 500 posts without being shunned. I think posts do matter, doesn't make u worse to not have many (like myself) but it does show credibility IMO.

+1

Via thunderbolt!

A few posts to relieve your frustration is ok...too many is overkill....what is too many? If some people do not want to read them just bypass them. The .org is many times the only place to vent properly & discuss the issue whilst educating the busa public of bad dealings. .Org brothers do care & the snotty ones need to embrace their brother's pain & support their cries for help.

I don't want you to think that I'm beating a dead horse but I wanted to make sure I answered your question...

The advertisers we have on the site have mostly been here for many years, I have been running this place for about 10 years now and I have seen time and time again folks with low post counts come on the forum and throw a company under the bus, not all of those that are spoken badly of are advertisers but the trend is the same... A new member that has no history of all the great service and involvement comes on the site and gives a little push under the perverbial bus. When you have seen this over and over you can pick up on it pretty quickly. I think in this case what we are seeing now is this exact scenario playing out. We got one side of the story on the initial post... Those that have been around and know Robert and the Roaring Toyz group know they do quality work so anytime something comes out of the blue with a partial story its immediately suspect to not being accurate....

Hope that helps...

cap

Totally agree seen a few myself already

Back