beware of roaring toyz

To answer your question about post count: Post count (except for Blanca Busa maybe :moon:) is a quick way for other members to judge the time that a member has been on the board; there is a record from previous posts that help to ascertain the posting members patience, temperment and character. While a low post count does not mean the poster doesn't have those qualities, a larger post count does provide a history, and therefore lends more creditibility to the content of the post.

To use my other sport as an example: Would you say that a jumper with 3000 jumps over 20 years, may have more experience with issues than a novice with 100 jumps and 6 months in the sport? - absolutely. That long time jumper has seen (and survived) so much more that his post immediately carries more weight. Given this vender has been a member for a long time and a lot of members have had a good experience, trying to remain factual without the emotion will probably help others understand and bring about a speedier resolution.

Does not mean the lower post count does not have something credible to say, but does lend itself to greater scrutiny.

I see your point, but I'll still respectfully disagree. Jumping out of a plane is a lot different than writing posts on the subject. Same with anything. This may be bad to say, but the spelling and grammar in the original post shouted either English as a second language speaker, or drunk angry person. That latter of the 2 is what would deflate their credibility in my mind. Not the post count. We all have ways of ascertaining things and nobody can say what they choose is better than someone else's.

I don't want you to think that I'm beating a dead horse but I wanted to make sure I answered your question...

The advertisers we have on the site have mostly been here for many years, I have been running this place for about 10 years now and I have seen time and time again folks with low post counts come on the forum and throw a company under the bus, not all of those that are spoken badly of are advertisers but the trend is the same... A new member that has no history of all the great service and involvement comes on the site and gives a little push under the perverbial bus. When you have seen this over and over you can pick up on it pretty quickly. I think in this case what we are seeing now is this exact scenario playing out. We got one side of the story on the initial post... Those that have been around and know Robert and the Roaring Toyz group know they do quality work so anytime something comes out of the blue with a partial story its immediately suspect to not being accurate....

Hope that helps...

cap

Point taken. Well explained. I still disagree with the post count thing, but that's just me. I do see, however, how one could use that as a barometer. I guess I just choose not to. I think a sponsor's credibility earned by years of good will and service is enough to give them the benefit of the doubt until the whole story can emerge as we've started to see in this case.

Point taken. Well explained. I still disagree with the post count thing, but that's just me. I do see, however, how one could use that as a barometer. I guess I just choose not to. I think a sponsor's credibility earned by years of good will and service is enough to give them the benefit of the doubt until the whole story can emerge as we've started to see in this case.

Oh make no mistake we have some members that have been here for 10 years with low post counts... When they post (just like EF hutton) everyone listens... The post count is just as you said, an easy indicator, nothing more... I have been around for a long time and if you average my numbers out for the years I have been around the numbers are very low....

Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in...

cap

Just was made aware of this thread and wanted to tell the story.

Got a phone call from a customer who wanted a 300 kit. They wanted it right now, whatever we had in stock and were coming to get it right away. [1st sign of a credit card fraud..very nervous] Informed customer of what parts we had in stock and prices. Next day [Thurs.] women shows up to pick up kit/parts. Credit card matches, I.D. matches so against better judgement we let the transaction fly and customer leaves happy.
The next day [Fri.] we receive a call from the customer that the rear hub on the wheel is not correct. Turns out the P.M. 300 rear wheel has a 240 hub on it and will not work. We never removed from box and checked the wheel close after receipt from P.M. Our mistake. We ship a set of P.M. 300 Rear hubs next day air Sat. delivery at our expense to try and make things right.
Tues. we recieve a call from the customer that says he just picked up his bike from guy that installed his kit and didnt make it 20 mins. down the road before the rear wheel started wobbling. We asked him to send pictures and advised him to bring us the bike for inspection and repair.
Wed. bike shows up with upset customer. We stop all current jobs, clear a lift and work on his bike until finish so he can leave with a nice, well operating machine. We find the rear hub was installed wrong, bolts in wrong holes, cross threaded with washers doubled up on some bolts, missing on others. Hub is not seated properly, mounted crooked and hub threads are stripped. Bearings are blown out and hubs are destroyed. We replace rear hubs, reinstall, repair master links on both chains correctly so chains will not pop off, adjust chains and jackshaft correctly, reroute and rebleed rear brake line. After replacing the rear hubs and all labor we charge customer $428 with tax. Customer is mad and complaining asking for a better deal saying he is upset we ripped him off.
Wanting to have a happy customer we give him $100 bill back trying to make customer leave on a good note and he leaves happy. Keep in mind the rear hubs alone cost us more then the repair.
Fri. morning here I am reading this post bashing us for ripping him off? Now we have to defend a credit card charge back to get payment for our parts and service. Nice!
Robert Fisher

Got a phone call from a customer who wanted a 300 kit. They wanted it right now, whatever we had in stock and were coming to get it right away. [1st sign of a credit card fraud..very nervous] Informed customer of what parts we had in stock and prices. Next day [Thurs.] women shows up to pick up kit/parts. Credit card matches, I.D. matches so against better judgement we let the transaction fly and customer leaves happy.
The next day [Fri.] we receive a call from the customer that the rear hub on the wheel is not correct. Turns out the P.M. 300 rear wheel has a 240 hub on it and will not work. We never removed from box and checked the wheel close after receipt from P.M. Our mistake. We ship a set of P.M. 300 Rear hubs next day air Sat. delivery at our expense to try and make things right.
Tues. we recieve a call from the customer that says he just picked up his bike from guy that installed his kit and didnt make it 20 mins. down the road before the rear wheel started wobbling. We asked him to send pictures and advised him to bring us the bike for inspection and repair.
Wed. bike shows up with upset customer. We stop all current jobs, clear a lift and work on his bike until finish so he can leave with a nice, well operating machine. We find the rear hub was installed wrong, bolts in wrong holes, cross threaded with washers doubled up on some bolts, missing on others. Hub is not seated properly, mounted crooked and hub threads are stripped. Bearings are blown out and hubs are destroyed. We replace rear hubs, reinstall, repair master links on both chains correctly so chains will not pop off, adjust chains and jackshaft correctly, reroute and rebleed rear brake line. After replacing the rear hubs and all labor we charge customer $428 with tax. Customer is mad and complaining asking for a better deal saying he is upset we ripped him off.
Wanting to have a happy customer we give him $100 bill back trying to make customer leave on a good note and he leaves happy. Keep in mind the rear hubs alone cost us more then the repair.
Fri. morning here I am reading this post bashing us for ripping him off? Now we have to defend a credit card charge back to get payment for our parts and service. Nice!
Robert Fisher

Sounds like he should be going after the guy that installed it wrong not the manufacturer of the product...

"We find the rear hub was installed wrong, bolts in wrong holes, cross threaded with washers doubled up on some bolts, missing on others. Hub is not seated properly, mounted crooked and hub threads are stripped. Bearings are blown out and hubs are destroyed. We replace rear hubs, reinstall, repair master links on both chains correctly so chains will not pop off, adjust chains and jackshaft correctly, reroute and rebleed rear brake line. After replacing the rear hubs and all labor we charge customer $428 with tax. Customer is mad and complaining asking for a better deal saying he is upset we ripped him off."..were all these problems pointed out to the customer prior to fixing?

You have his address, I think this deserves an up close and personal visit!

Robert Fisher

Sounds like you got the short end of the stick on this one...

Wow.. that's just crazy...

What about the front rim/tire thing? Half way down the first page..

Sounds like stand up service.. clear off projects in progress to tend a customer with a screwy mechanic.
I'm not the smartest person on the planet but I am a mechanic. I'm sure I can install a swing arm.. and a rim. If the part don't fit and your life OR someone else life depend on it then ask questions. It would of been easy to bring the wrong hub in and swap it. Easy peazzy... its the reason I do all my own work.. I don't even want the dealership changing my tires, oil, anything.

Gerrrr.. if one of my mechs did some crazyness like that I would beat him with the damaged part and stuff him in his roll away... can't dock pay, can't mess with hours.. but I dam sure can make your life hell till I feel better... Semper Fi org members... that was my rant for the month
Posted via Mobile Device

Seems once again regarding Roaring Toyz nice guys always finish last and you got bashed for no reason , one.
Two , yes the guy who installed it wrong needs to reimburse customer the $428 he paid RT to fix it.
Third 500k, 50k , 5k thru his CC doesnt matter and if it is 500k he like all of us would still care about 1g because you dont get rich by giving it away nor do you stay rich by giving it away.
Fourth , I apologize for the spellchecker comment even though I still think its needed here to help folks who cant.
Lastly Skydivr....:moon:(post count never mattered to me at all) I come here to make friends, comment and help folks.

I hope it all gets worked out and all involved can just go enjoy themselves.

Wow.. that's just crazy...

What about the front rim/tire thing? Half way down the first page..

Sounds like stand up service.. clear off projects in progress to tend a customer with a screwy mechanic.
I'm not the smartest person on the planet but I am a mechanic. I'm sure I can install a swing arm.. and a rim. If the part don't fit and your life OR someone else life depend on it then ask questions. It would of been easy to bring the wrong hub in and swap it. Easy peazzy... its the reason I do all my own work.. I don't even want the dealership changing my tires, oil, anything.

Gerrrr.. if one of my mechs did some crazyness like that I would beat him with the damaged part and stuff him in his roll away... can't dock pay, can't mess with hours.. but I dam sure can make your life hell till I feel better... Semper Fi org members... that was my rant for the month
Posted via Mobile Device

Since it is possible the original poster has not been open or upfront about the little details, keep in mind that he may have tried to install this himself. Which would also explain why he would be going after RT than the original installer who allegedly did a piss poor job of installing the kit.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

All said n done....RoaringToyz...YOU RULE:beerchug: Glad you all jumped in to clear the air.

Like said earlier..research
research
and research...THEN
SHOP
SHOP >>>> SHOP around for what you want.

Its not only what you get, or where you get it, but also who you have / let install it!

I'm not into the fat tire thing, but if I were, sounds like you guys would be a great shop! Thanks for the support.

Just wanted to thank all the forum members for their support and understanding!!!! We work very hard to design, build and supply quality parts and service. We sometimes have problems as we are human but we do the best job we can to serve our customers and always try to be fair.
This board has a large number of past and future customers and we are always interested in knowing how our service and parts perform. We are always working to improve and can only move forward with your help.We are always interested in suggestions on how we can create new or better parts or how we can provide better service for our customers.

Robert Fisher

You can give me a new 300 kit and I will say all kinds of nice things about you :laugh:

Since we're making future customers happy.. I will take PWALL's used tire kit when he returns it. ;)
Scratch that. If I had the money I'd be pushing a 240+4 already..
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds like he should be going after the guy that installed it wrong not the manufacturer of the product...

Thats 100% what I was thinking, if we buy something and customer leaves and has someone else install it, We would ask who, what, were it waqs installed....

Some coked up wrench monkee could really mess up an install, and it looks like someone may have caused the problem. It's tuff to know what happened after the owner gets his panties in a wad. I want to congratulate the vendor for stepping out to explain what he knows, and it certainly makes a case for the purchaser to have made the screw up by using someone else to wrench on the bike.

Poor assembly problems, i.e. hub bolts, mismatched washers, cross-threading, and not seating the hub correctly is a major indication the bike was worked on by a very inexpereinced technician. That should have thrown a lot of warning flags up! And I bet they didn't even use any loktite on the hub bolts? The guy is very lucky the bikes rear wheel didn't explode and kill him going down the road!!!!

Last edited:
Now as we know the other side of the story, I have to say...

Man I hate this. Absolutely hate this.

People try to make honest living and help others out and some people try to take advantage of it. it ruins everything.

Here these guys from RT tried to give their customer highest priority and even gave a discount, and what he did in return? tried to screw them up? it's real sad.

It's very obvious RT didnt install the kit. Someone else did, other mechanic or he himself. Irrespective, it's not RT's fault in anyway.

When I first saw this post, I had no idea who or what RT is. But now seeing how much they are customer oriented (which is kinda rare nowadays), I have to say kudos to you guys. If I ever move back to FL and want a custom job for my bike, definitely you guys will be on the top of my list to consider.

Back